What's new

Locker Clean-out Discussion

I'm reading it. Can't listen to it at work, so this is great!

Joe Ingles sits down with Jake Scott, Tony Parks, and PK

Lots of laughs to start the interview. How are you Joe?

Tired! Got in late, woke the kids up at 7:30. Of course, you never want the season to end, but from where we were in January or whenever to be here at this point is exciting.

Locker room seemed very united thru the hard times. What did that?

Behind the scenes we were working extremely hard. We could also see it happen in games for a quarter or so, and we needed to sustain it for the full game. There was never a point where we felt the overall thing wouldn't work...

And now I have to go to a work thing.

I have to say Joe Ingles mentioning how tore up Donovan was about his foot and not being able to finish the game after the loss is just love. Everything you hear about Donovan is more and more impressive. He had an unbelievable season, and an amazing night last night to end it, hearing he was still so tore up after just makes me love him even more.

aside-- this might be the wrong move for the franchise, but it's the right move for my heart--

don't break up Rubio + Mitchell. Pls.
Perfectly put. I don't know how to feel about Rubio except that I adore him as a person and he and Mitchell are so tight with one another.

He's also come a long way. I would love to be more and more wrong about him, but I'm still scared he could go back to the mean at any second.

Perfectly put. I don't know how to feel about Rubio except that I adore him as a person and he and Mitchell are so tight with one another.

He's also come a long way. I would love to be more and more wrong about him, but I'm still scared he could go back to the mean at any second.

I believe keeping Rubio is priority 1 next off season. We need him and he wants to be here. It should be a given at this point.

"It's time I become a real weapon and give them more trouble when I have the ball in my hands." - Rudy

Love that from Rudy.
I feel he could learn to use the tomahawk dunk, and we have someone who can give him some pointers.

aside-- this might be the wrong move for the franchise, but it's the right move for my heart--

don't break up Rubio + Mitchell. Pls.
This. But I think it is the right thing for the franchise. They played well together, imo. Keep them together long-term.

The best thing coming out of these is hearing how much camaraderie they had in the locker room. It showed on the floor. Very unselfish team. We will win lots of games with that attitude. Next year is going to be nothing short of a ****ing blast.

One thing to consider as well. If Favors 1.) comes back and 2.) develops a semi-reliable three, it solves our stretch 4 issues. Favors knows this and it would be good for his career as well. Utah could also easily counter small-ball line-ups with the ability to hit the three at all five positions.

Surprised you are saying this. You were so on me for my negative comments. But I think I was right, at the time. What has impressed me about Rubio is how hard he worked to turn his play around. I think he won't let himself fall back to that level and that he has every intention of not only maintaining but improving his play within the framework of the team.

Crowder: Quin says he had his eyes on me for a long time. He even said he winked at me when I was playing for Cleveland.

Crowder likes Quin emphasis on details and playing hard.

What would you tell NBA FA about living in Utah and playing for the Jazz?

It is a chill place to live. The organization treats you well, they treat you with respect. Coach Quin and his staff are terrific and the teammates are a great group of guys.

Surprised you are saying this. You were so on me for my negative comments. But I think I was right, at the time. What has impressed me about Rubio is how hard he worked to turn his play around. I think he won't let himself fall back to that level and that he has every intention of not only maintaining but improving his play within the framework of the team.
I think this is a common thread on this team. They all put in the work to get better or add to their games. That is special to have so many players with that attitude all at once.