What's new

Game Thread Mar 18, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Wizards

Added to Calendar: 03-18-21

He is fine. Defends well, hustles, is a beast on the offensive glass. I also like him but he is not the reason we win those games. I think Jazzinho was giving him too much credit o reading too much into that stat
Fair... I do think he gives us some things we lack but the sample is small. His jumper looks really pure though and he gets it off really fast. I'd love to give him 5-10 games of consistent run before making a trade or signing to bring in another wing.

Fair... I do think he gives us some things we lack but the sample is small. His jumper looks really pure though and he gets it off really fast. I'd love to give him 5-10 games of consistent run before making a trade or signing to bring in another wing.
His biggest limitation is that he can't do much with the ball in his hands. He is not great at dribbling, finishing or passing, which is important in our offense. Hopefully the coaches can work his magic and he can turn into something closer to Royce (minus the stepping out of bound habit :D)

Where are y’all seeing that Westbrook is out? I don’t see him in the injury report or anywhere after a quick googling.

Where are y’all seeing that Westbrook is out? I don’t see him in the injury report or anywhere after a quick googling.
Damn... we kind of need him to play.

When Oni has played with the regulars in non-garbage time minutes the on/off court splits are bananas. He does good things and doesn't really make mistakes. He kills the corner three and gets 1-2 offensive rebounds per game by diving in from the corners... I've been happy with his play thus far.
He follows the Royce model of doing nothing remotely risky on offense so he has little chance to make mistakes.

Which is disappointing to me because he has potential to be more than the Royce archetype IMO

He follows the Royce model of doing nothing remotely risky on offense so he has little chance to make mistakes.

Which is disappointing to me because he has potential to be more than the Royce archetype IMO
But he’s really only had a few minutes of real time... kinda hard to explore the space in that short of a window. I think he can do more to but he has to focus on doing the Royce stuff right first. I think his shot will be better than Royce’s and I think he’s a better run and jump athlete... Royce is likely much stronger.

Slow start? Check!
****** D? Check!
Cannot contain big guard/wing? Check!

QS is absolutely hitting his beginning of game checklist.

Anyone notice that every team we've played over the last dozen or so get up to double digit leads on us and shoot insane percentages in the first quarter? **** me.

Hoping for an efficient game from Donovan today.

Don needs to attack the paint. They have Alex Lin in the middle, yet all he does is dribble around and take 3's

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk