What's new

Game Thread Mar 26, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 03-26-21

I ****ing hate brooks... but he’d look great in a jazz uniform. He’s a great villain.

I also hate watching Grayson Allen... he just has way to much of a whiny trust fund kid look to him. He played well... I just hate him.
I wish we could have kept him. I understand how he can't play in Utah, because our enforcer can't be a white dude, but we need someone with nasty.

I wish we could have kept him. I understand how he can't play in Utah, because our enforcer can't be a white dude, but we need someone with nasty.
He's really not much of an enforcer. I'm not talking about a "sweep the leg, put 'em in a body bag" guy. I'm talking about a straight up tough guy who will put the hurt on a team that thinks they're going to out physical the Jazz.

Love me some pantera. Own all their CD's.

Going to ahead and give this the post of the thread

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Back in 5th grade my friend and I discovered my older brother’s copy of Vulgar Display of Power. Anyway, I ended up serving my mission in Columbus, Ohio. There was this number 1-800-TELL-ME (though there must have been another digit in there somewhere... it’s been quite a while) that you’d use for weather, news updates, and sports score updates (that’s how I followed the Jazz). Anyway, one morning I was listening to the main news clip and it said that Dimebag Darrell was killed at a concert in Columbus. Ended up serving in an area where the gunman had lived and another guy knew him. He apparently was delusional and thought Darrell had been stealing his music.

But it wasn’t until sometime within the past year that I discovered that Vinnie Paul also died.

Cemetery Gates is my favorite.

A video just for fun.

He's really not much of an enforcer. I'm not talking about a "sweep the leg, put 'em in a body bag" guy. I'm talking about a straight up tough guy who will put the hurt on a team that thinks they're going to out physical the Jazz.
We need Hoffa back. To build off my above post, I left on my mission mid-way through the 2003-2004 season and was following the draft from a distance. The previous summer I was thinking we’d land a top pick, but then we were better than expected and I set my sights on guys lower and lower and eventually was open to Hoffa, but he was just outside our range. Anyway, I was pretty bummed about that draft because I didn’t know much about Snyder or Humphreys, and the only guy I did know about (Podkolzin) got traded. Oh, and I was pretty pissed about the Collins protection and Pavlovic expansion draft. Anyway, eventually I came home mid-way through the 2005-2006 season and obviously Hoffa had fallen out of favor in Toronto and we traded Humphreys for him. I thought it was a good move, but hadn’t really seen Hoffa play in the league. Everyone kept talking about him flagrant fouling. I went to the first summer league game and I think the first play of the game Hoffa got a flagrant on Marvin Williams. I believe he may have gotten tossed later in the game with another flagrant.

I’m also curious if we’re still holding Mike out on back-to-backs. He only played 29 minutes tonight while all the other starters got 32+. I wonder if he’s graduated to a minutes restriction on back-to-backs.

I’m also curious if we’re still holding Mike out on back-to-backs. He only played 29 minutes tonight while all the other starters got 32+. I wonder if he’s graduated to a minutes restriction on back-to-backs.
I’d bet ya he sits. It’s the smart thing... get Oni some run.

I’d bet ya he sits. It’s the smart thing... get Oni some run.
Nah. Quin is going to turn over a new leaf and get the brand new developmental guy 15 threes. He figures this will totally catch Jenkins by surprise and by the time he figures it out, Oni will be closing the game.

Damn, what a battle. Good thing they shot so well in the 1st, because it's like they forgot how to in the rest of the game.

Wouldn't have mattered. Favors had the ball. They foul him still down 3 with a second left. He makes at least 1 in all likelihood. Game over

There wasn't any homecooking anyways. I thought the game clock didn't start but it did. Announcers were whining about the shot clock with 1.9 seconds left. They thought they had something there.

I ****ing hate brooks... but he’d look great in a jazz uniform. He’s a great villain.

I also hate watching Grayson Allen... he just has way to much of a whiny trust fund kid look to him. He played well... I just hate him.
Totally agree on both. I’d add that both Brooks and Allen might have the two most punchable faces in the league.

We need Hoffa back. To build off my above post, I left on my mission mid-way through the 2003-2004 season and was following the draft from a distance. The previous summer I was thinking we’d land a top pick, but then we were better than expected and I set my sights on guys lower and lower and eventually was open to Hoffa, but he was just outside our range. Anyway, I was pretty bummed about that draft because I didn’t know much about Snyder or Humphreys, and the only guy I did know about (Podkolzin) got traded. Oh, and I was pretty pissed about the Collins protection and Pavlovic expansion draft. Anyway, eventually I came home mid-way through the 2005-2006 season and obviously Hoffa had fallen out of favor in Toronto and we traded Humphreys for him. I thought it was a good move, but hadn’t really seen Hoffa play in the league. Everyone kept talking about him flagrant fouling. I went to the first summer league game and I think the first play of the game Hoffa got a flagrant on Marvin Williams. I believe he may have gotten tossed later in the game with another flagrant.
I was at that summer league game as well and remember that flagrant against williams

I know it’s heresy to ever question some players on our roster but Royce 1-5 2 pts. Oof. We’ve gotta get more out of that position.

I know we won but I didn’t like the Mitchell hero ball in the end. We were much more effective running the P&R with Gobert killing it inside. Relying on Clarkson and Mitchell to play iso ball is what led to their fastbreaks and is what made this game closer than it should’ve been.

I know we won but I didn’t like the Mitchell hero ball in the end. We were much more effective running the P&R with Gobert killing it inside. Relying on Clarkson and Mitchell to play iso ball is what led to their fastbreaks and is what made this game closer than it should’ve been.
He was fine. Couple bad shots but they ran a nice double at him at the end of the shot clock on one of those and he ended up having no one to throw it to.

I do wish we’d just run our stuff rather than slowing down and running clock to get a tough look. Some of this isn’t Dons fault... I just think that’s how nba offense works at the end of games.

Bojan after nice first half got like 2 shoots in second . Not much of team basketball in last quarter, luckily we wonn

I know it’s heresy to ever question some players on our roster but Royce 1-5 2 pts. Oof. We’ve gotta get more out of that position.

While i agree that royce often has issues scoring, last night he played hard as ****. 100% effort. Great rebounding.

Royce and rudy are the 2 most consistent players from and energy/effort standpoint

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

FYI, not promoting violence..... Just kinda describing the feeling that comes over me, which I then squash down and laugh at. And then wonder why I watch sports.