What's new

Mavs vs. Heat Finals Thread

lmfao @ Wade. I wish that happened to LeBron instead.
Kobe feels your pain, DWade.
110405_kobe_bryant_sad_v.standard.jpg

Dirk's defense and rebounding effort in the 1st/early 2nd quarter has been horrific. Dallas has to feel fortunate to be tied at 34 - thanks in large part to DeShawn Stevenson's 3-point shooting. Wow, never thought I'd type that.

Dirk was playing with the flu in case you didnt know that. Good effort from him at the end. Chandler saved the night for Mavs.

Hope LeDouche has 2 more games like this. He is riding Wade's coattails so far this series.

Chandler saved the night for Mavs.

...once again, we miss the entire point of what it takes to win basketball games. Yes, Chandler played well. BUT, it was an ENTIRE team effort on the part of the Mav's that won this game! Stevenson had 3 HUGH three pointers. Kidd, despite his 3 careless 1st quarter turnovers, played excellent defense, and controlled the tempo of the game. Dirkawitz, obviously made some big plays. Even the squirt kid finally contributed. Without any of those contributions the Mav's lose! Oh, Jason Terry made some shots as well.

...by the way, seems to me the strongest part of the Mav's game is NOT falling apart when the Heat players, like Wade, start making those unbelievably difficult baskets with guys draped all over them! They just keep trying to execute and wait for those difficult shots to stop falling!

Can we please stop calling it the big 3 in Miami? It's the big 2. Bosh is horrible. After last night, we should call it the big 1 because Lebron was no where to be seen.

Bosh had several 30 point games against the Bulls.

He's been a solid jumpshooter and defender in the finals.

he's far from horrible.

He's also not a franchise player.

He's in the same realm as David West, Lamar Odom, Danny Granger, and Andrew Bogut. A very nice player who isn't an elite franchise superstar.

It was nice to see Dallas take the ball to the rim, get fouls, attack the O-glass, and control the tempo.

Game 5 is going to be huge.

If they can limit the turnovers, keep at least 1 of the big 3 in check, and take it inside, I think they have a great chance of winning. But if they get sloppy with the ballhandling and fall in love with the jumpers, like they did in game 3, they'll lose.

Can we please stop calling it the big 3 in Miami? It's the big 2. Bosh is horrible. After last night, we should call it the big 1 because Lebron was no where to be seen.
Bost is overrated and soft, but understand he, LeBron and Wade all can't score 30 points every single game. Last night Bost had his way offensively in the first half and Wade was torching Dallas in the 2nd, if LeBron went into Kobe-mode and said "Hey, I'm going to try and get mine" we'd be criticizing him for playing selfishly.

The fact that Dallas won with Dirk playing so poorly for the first 3 quarters has to be encouraging - especially wit JET getting his mojo back.

I was not excited at all to watch these finals.
I thought the games would stink and I would hate every minute of them.
I was wrong.
These Finals games so far have been awesome battles, with good defense.
There has been ups and downs, but they have been exciting.

That being said, I still hope the el Heat lose.

No Caron Butler.
Now, no Haywood.
And a flu-ridden Dirk.

If the Mavs win out from here Carlisle would have done a heck of a job putting him instantly in the elite list of coaches. He already has done a great job getting this team to play through adversities. Game 5 will be a big test for him.
Mavs are serious underdogs and are undermanned offensively. They will have to play D and rebound like crazy once again to have a chance. Chandler will have to stay out of foul trouble for 2 more games. To me, Miami looks like it still has the edge. Game 5 is more of a must win for the Mavs than for the Heat.

Bosh is a really good 2nd or 3rd option. He is a knock down shooter, decent rebounder, and can take slower guys off the dribble. He is however very un-clutch. Yeah, he hit the game 3 winner (I was slightly surprised) but he was wide open. He has had a tendency to choke away possessions though in these finals.

No Caron Butler.
Now, no Haywood.
And a flu-ridden Dirk.

If the Mavs win out from here Carlisle would have done a heck of a job putting him instantly in the elite list of coaches. He already has done a great job getting this team to play through adversities. Game 5 will be a big test for him.
Mavs are serious underdogs and are undermanned offensively. They will have to play D and rebound like crazy once again to have a chance. Chandler will have to stay out of foul trouble for 2 more games. To me, Miami looks like it still has the edge. Game 5 is more of a must win for the Mavs than for the Heat.

Mavs are actually 1.5 point favorite. They did win Game 4 under the same or even worse circumstances. Mavs playing for their season tonight. If they lose tonight it's over. No way they win both games in Miami.

Bosh is a really good 2nd or 3rd option. He is a knock down shooter, decent rebounder, and can take slower guys off the dribble. He is however very un-clutch. Yeah, he hit the game 3 winner (I was slightly surprised) but he was wide open. He has had a tendency to choke away possessions though in these finals.
Agree. Skilled but not physically tough. Before hitting the game-winner I wasn't sure if he was mentally tough either.
If you get physical with him in the post he either falls down and loses the ball or gets bailed out by the refs.