What's new

Mavs vs. Heat Finals Thread

What a series!

I think one has to wonder if Lebron is running out of gas. He doesn't look really as aggressive or energetic out there. I noticed in the box score that he played only 45 minutes. I'm not sure what their coach has against Jones anymore. He's a decent 3 point shooter. He should be able to spot Lebron some minutes.

Both teams look like they've figured each other out. Defense was non-existent today.

Come on Mavs, just win one out of the next two!

Mavs are actually 1.5 point favorite. They did win Game 4 under the same or even worse circumstances. Mavs playing for their season tonight. If they lose tonight it's over. No way they win both games in Miami.

Mavs have been the underdogs this whole series. If they are up 3-2, then they should get the credit for outplaying Heat thus far. No homecourt, missing a guy like Butler and now no Haywood. And going up against 2 superstars who would get bogus calls now and then. And still up 3-2.

Meanwhile, How is your Lebron is the clear league MVP thing coming? Too bad that he has only a roleplayer like Wade next to him choking away games. If he had a superstar or two he would have won 65 regular season games and would have swept the Mavericks. Right?

What a series!

I think one has to wonder if Lebron is running out of gas. He doesn't look really as aggressive or energetic out there. I noticed in the box score that he played only 45 minutes. I'm not sure what their coach has against Jones anymore. He's a decent 3 point shooter. He should be able to spot Lebron some minutes.

Both teams look like they've figured each other out. Defense was non-existent today.

Come on Mavs, just win one out of the next two!

I hope the Mavs win the next one. Better to close it out early. Game 7 on the road, going up against Wade and Lebron could be tough. If the Mavs lose this series they can still be proud of giving a great series thus far fighting against adversity.I hope the Jazz top brass is watching this series. They will realize that the Jazz are a long ways away.

I hope the Jazz top brass is watching this series. They will realize that the Jazz are a long ways away.

....yeah, but there at least a whole year from playing another game....with the lockout looming! They'll have plenty of time to watch tape!

How sweet would it be if the Mavs win 3 straight on them?

Poetic justice for Dirk. Redemption. Justice for Wade too...

Just when Flash's team looked unstoppable after game 3, they then dropped 3 straight as coughing and feverish Dirk laid a big Deuce on the Big Three's Championship aspirations.

Also, why the hell is Chalmers always out there complaining, trash talking, and acting like a hard a? He reminds me of Kendrick Perkins when he was with the Celtics. A dude that tries to talk big because he knows that he has 3 other stars that have his back.

Mavs have been the underdogs this whole series. If they are up 3-2, then they should get the credit for outplaying Heat thus far. No homecourt, missing a guy like Butler and now no Haywood. And going up against 2 superstars who would get bogus calls now and then. And still up 3-2.

Meanwhile, How is your Lebron is the clear league MVP thing coming? Too bad that he has only a roleplayer like Wade next to him choking away games. If he had a superstar or two he would have won 65 regular season games and would have swept the Mavericks. Right?

Dallas has been favored to win the games in Dallas. Miami was favored to win the series. Saying they were 1.5 favorites for game 5 doesn't go against that. Dallas has played great.

Still the MVP. Or at least top 2 with Wade. He hasn't had great games in Dallas.

Where did you get Wade is a role player?

New team, with a lot of new players and they still might win the whole thing. Who cares if they win 65?

I had Miami in 5. I was wrong. So were a lot of people with Dallas this year.

Anybody else seeing an incredible coaching job by Carlisle? The Mavs were never known for defense, now they are tremendous. They said last night that one of the assistants is responsible for that, his defensive coordinator. Did you catch that Tyrone Corbin???

Also, Carlisle just seems to hit all the right buttons, make the right moves. The Heat have a huge talent advantage, yet the Mavs keep coming back and winning. You take Dirk away from the Mavs and they are a cellar dwellar. You take either Wade or Lebron from the heat and they are still a contender. I sure hope the Mavs can close this out and get Dirk a ring.

It's great to see all these Jazz fans who hate Dirk wanting him to get a ring. It goes to show just how much Lebron is hated. haha! Personally, Dirk is a great guy. My dad is a retired sports editor and he pulled some strings for my brother and I to meet him after a Jazz game a few years back. My brother is a huge Dirk fan. The guy is a class act. Talked to my brother for a good 45 minutes after the game about the game of basketball. Asked him how he was doing in high school basketball. Just an all around great guy. I'll see if I can find the pic of my brother and Dirk I took.

It's been a great series so far.
I wouldn't get pumped yet about the Mav's winning as they blew a 2-0 lead last time.
I'm expecting the Heat to win game 6, and I'm hoping for the Mavs to win game 7.
If it goes to a tight game 7, this should be up there on the short list for best series ever.

It's been a great series so far.
I wouldn't get pumped yet about the Mav's winning as they blew a 2-0 lead last time.
I'm expecting the Heat to win game 6, and I'm hoping for the Mavs to win game 7.
If it goes to a tight game 7, this should be up there on the short list for best series ever.

Agreed. This series has been one of the best. The NBA has needed a series like this for a while now. I'm just hoping the next two games are called fairly and it's not a repeat of 2006.

The Mavs were never known for defense, now they are tremendous. They said last night that one of the assistants is responsible for that, his defensive coordinator. Did you catch that Tyrone Corbin???
Yeah, they hav Dwane Casey in charge of their team-defense. Think Casey deserves consideration for a head coaching spot - has been a top-notch assistant on several teams and never got a fair shot in Minnesota.

It's interesting how some head coaches like to orchestrate their staffs similar to a football philosophy of having a defensive-coordinator (Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle/Larry Bird) while others used more of a totem-pole chain of command (Jerry Sloan, Pat Riley, Van Gundy, ect).

-Also, I think alot of Jazz fans had hatred for Dirk when he called SLC a "bad city" during their 2001 playoff series. That hard foul on AK in '08 didn't help, but don't think Dirk ever reached "villian status" for Jazz fans.

-And as great as this series has been - the only thing that could ruin it is LeBron and Wade shooting 15 FT's each in Game 6. I'm worried it's time for a "David Stern dreamteam" of Bob Delaney, Danny Crawford and Dick Bavetta.

Yeah, they hav Dwane Casey in charge of their team-defense. Think Casey deserves consideration for a head coaching spot - has been a top-notch assistant on several teams and never got a fair shot in Minnesota.

It's interesting how some head coaches like to orchestrate their staffs similar to a football philosophy of having a defensive-coordinator (Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle/Larry Bird) while others used more of a totem-pole chain of command (Jerry Sloan, Pat Riley, Van Gundy, ect).

-Also, I think alot of Jazz fans had hatred for Dirk when he called SLC a "bad city" during their 2001 playoff series. That hard foul on AK in '08 didn't help, but don't think Dirk ever reached "villian status" for Jazz fans.

-And as great as this series has been - the only thing that could ruin it is LeBron and Wade shooting 15 FT's each in Game 6. I'm worried it's time for a "David Stern dreamteam" of Bob Delaney, Danny Crawford and Dick Bavetta.

Did AK ever go on the DL for that foul? Usually it's just injuries he has off the camera that put him on the DL.

It's great to see all these Jazz fans who hate Dirk wanting him to get a ring. It goes to show just how much Lebron is hated. haha! Personally, Dirk is a great guy. My dad is a retired sports editor and he pulled some strings for my brother and I to meet him after a Jazz game a few years back. My brother is a huge Dirk fan. The guy is a class act. Talked to my brother for a good 45 minutes after the game about the game of basketball. Asked him how he was doing in high school basketball. Just an all around great guy. I'll see if I can find the pic of my brother and Dirk I took.

I think most jazzfans hate Dirk because he took out/injured AK and always owned Boozer.

Then again, AK typically injures himself and Boozer was always owned.

Soo...

GO DIRK!

I must say this has been one of the more well-balanced and entertaining finals series I have seen. I am enjoying it. It will be that much better when the Mavs win the next game.

I used to rule the world
Fans would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I shoot alone
Sweep the gyms I used to own

I used to throw the flour
Feel the fear from my enemy's cower
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Jordan is dead! Long live the King!"

One minute I held the three
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my friends and fans stand
Upon pillars of coins and pillars of cash

I hear Miami bells a ringing
Floridian Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my jersey, my ball and headband
My missionaries in a media van

For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild Stern
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered small market teams and fans
People couldn't believe what I'd become

But my real fans still want
My head on the Jumbo Tron
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I know Saint Jordan won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

I know Sir Barkley won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

After watching last nights game and watching Labron make that layup and the ref called a foul and took the bucket away. It just made me smile. Knowing that David Stern called the refs and said make it happen Dallas in 6!!

I think most jazzfans hate Dirk because he took out/injured AK and always owned Boozer.

Then again, AK typically injures himself and Boozer was always owned.

Soo...

GO DIRK!

Yeah I hate Dirk but Dirk > James, Wade, Bosh

I really want Miami to lose so the Cavs can have this offseason, to try and get themselves better to complete against Miami.

They have a decent team, if they got a solid vet with there exception and a pick like Cori M. and the Bucks pick plus the 1st and 4th pick man they would atleast be in the playoffs with picks being Burk, Irvings, Kanter

Davis, Irvings
Burk, Sessions
Cori, Jamison
Hickson, Kanter
Verajos (however spelt)