What's new

Max Hall named starting QB against New Orleans Sunday

David Stern

Rookie Max Hall will start at quarterback for the Cardinals against the Saints on Sunday, according to a source.

Hall replaces Derek Anderson, a six-year veteran, who has struggled through four games.

Hall will be the team's third starting quarterback since the Cardinals opened training camp in Flagstaff. Coach Ken Whisenhunt benched Matt Leinart midway through the pre-season, and the Cardinals (2-2) subsequently released Leinart, who signed with Houston.

Anderson took over and has completed almost 52 percent of his passes for three touchdowns. He has had five passes intercepted. He is ranked last in the NFL with a passer rating of 59.5, and the Cardinals are ranked 31st in offense.

Anderson led the team to game-winning touchdowns in the second half against the Rams and Raiders. But he has struggled with accuracy, missing open receivers for big gains in every game this season.

The offensive problems have not all been his fault. The Cardinals have yielded 15 sacks, tied for second most in the NFL, and the defense is ranked 29th overall.

Hall, who played at Brigham Young and Mesa Mountain View High, was not drafted and signed with the Cardinals last spring. He impressed coaches throughout the off-season with his toughness and intelligence.

He has appeared in two games this year, completing 56.3 percent of his passes with no touchdowns and one interception.

Read more: https://www.azcentral.com/sports/ca...-hall-starting-quarterback.html#ixzz11bUIwo4E

https://www.azcentral.com/sports/ca...-cardinals-max-hall-starting-quarterback.html

And, he hates the Utes :p

I'll eat crow here. I said numerous times Max Hall would never take a snap in a NFL game let alone start. Even if he doesn't do well, props to him.

I hope the Saints put a hel of a hit on him and separate his mouth from his body.

**** Max Hal.

And Max Hall.

lol @ the haters.

Can't wait until he throws a few touchdowns passes in one game and surpasses what Alexis the beloved has done in his entire career.

Us cards fans, had a good couple of years. But now back to mediocrity for a few decades.

What the **** was Whisenhunt thinking when he canned Lienart?

I seem to recall a thread about Johnson being the better QB. Not just better but clearly better. Did Johnson even participate in an NFL camp??

I seem to recall a thread about Johnson being the better QB. Not just better but clearly better. Did Johnson even participate in an NFL camp??

Brian Johnson injured his back hoisting this...

kyle-whittinghamjpg-fd7f88a55a1ddbaf_large.jpg

He was never quite the same football player after the injury.