What's new

Max Hall named starting QB against New Orleans Sunday

Now see what a real champion looks like.

BYU-sm-300x236.jpg

Don't be retarded.

Wow, that means jack squat. Even if you go w/ that logic, you still took second. Wow, nice job -- you won the silver medal!

But seriously, you weren't in the championship game, so therefore, you didn't take first or second. By anointing you guys the 3rd place team, I feel like I'm being quite generous.

BYU wasn't in the championship game either, so I guess they took 25th or so in 1984 by your logic.

Gold talks, and bronze trophies suck horse balls. Deal with it.
BYU hasn't been anywhere near a bronze trophy in their entire existence except for that one time when Reagan was in his first term as president.

Utah, on the other hand, finished 2nd year before last, and is currently undefeated and ranked 10th right now (and will move up). Deal with that.

At least my team didn't just get smashed by Utah State, and currently a 5 point underdog, at home even, to San Diego State. lol, no wonder why you are trying to live in the very distant past.

No, no... I don't live in the past, nor should you -- but facts are facts, regardless of when they happened. I simply pointed out a falsity of a previous poster, that's all.

Quit trying to ruin this thread. Don't you have a Ute or 49'er forum to disrupt?

No, no... I don't live in the past, nor should you -- but facts are facts, regardless of when they happened. I simply pointed out a falsity of a previous poster, that's all.

Quit trying to ruin this thread. Don't you have a Ute or 49'er forum to disrupt?

Facts are facts, yes. What I posted was a fact, what you posted was not. There was no 3rd place finish for Utah.

Facts are facts, yes. What I posted was a fact, what you posted was not. There was no 3rd place finish for Utah.

Salty, would you please answer the following questions, and please, be intellectually honest.

1) Did Utah play the championship?
1a) If so, did they win?
2) Did BYU play for the championship?
2b) If so, did they win?
3) If a team doesn't play in the championship game, can they take first or second place?

Thanks.

Salty, would you please answer the following questions, and please, be intellectually honest.

1) Did Utah play the championship?
1a) If so, did they win?
2) Did BYU play for the championship?
2b) If so, did they win?
3) If a team doesn't play in the championship game, can they take first or second place?

Thanks.
1: No, but they played the team that was ranked #1 all year, and finished #6 after Utah beat them.
1a: Yes, they blew them out.
2: No, BYU did not play in a championship game, lol.
2b: No, BYU has never played in a championship game. They were voted #1 in the same poll that voted Utah #2 though.
3: Great question. You keep clinging to an ancient BYU championship though, even though they never played in a championship game, so I am assuming you think a team can win a championship without playing in a championship game.

Again- I posted a fact, Utah finished 2nd. You posted nonsense- claiming Utah finished 3rd.

To Clutch: I hope someday you realize that nobody on this board except for you cares about "The Real" U. Seriously, trying to interject the Miami Hurricanes into a BYU-Utah debate is really.......lame.

And to Trout: Technically, BYU has never "played for a championship". They beat a 6 win Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl and was voted National Champion. Don't worry, you guys have your 1984 trophy and nobody is going to take it away from you, but for a guy who constantly demands "intellectual honesty" I'm suprised that you tried to pin down Salty on Utah never "playing for a championship" considering that by the very definition, neither has BYU.