Game Thread May 07, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 05-07-21

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Are we talking about the same play? It was a fast break I believe off a turnover near the end. Those are the shots Quin wants him to take. I knew it was in the moment he shot it. That’s his game. Stop hating on him. He’s only doing what coach told him to do, be aggressive on offense. Plus, he isn’t Used to playing at the end.
Ya you are talking about the wrong play. The clarkson 3 im referring to came with 51.7 seconds left. It was after a loose ball foul on Jokic so it wasn't a fast break. And it was unassisted. There was about 17 seconds left on the shot clock. We had a 3 point lead. We could have ran the shot clock down and left only 34 seconds on the game clock. It was an off the dribble shot with a defender close by. If he misses that then denver gets the ball back down by 3 with 51 seconds left rather than 34 seconds left.
Now im very happy he made the shot and it was the dagger that put them away but it wasn't a very smart shot. Especially since clarkson was ice cold (2-10 from the field and 2-6 from the line in the 2nd half) and bogey was on fire.

Maybe shots like that one is the reason he doesn't normally play at the end.

framer

Ya you are talking about the wrong play. The clarkson 3 im referring to came with 51.7 seconds left. It was after a loose ball foul on Jokic so it wasn't a fast break. And it was unassisted. There was about 17 seconds left on the shot clock. We had a 3 point lead. We could have ran the shot clock down and left only 34 seconds on the game clock. It was an off the dribble shot with a defender close by. If he misses that then denver gets the ball back down by 3 with 51 seconds left rather than 34 seconds left.
Now im very happy he made the shot and it was the dagger that put them away but it wasn't a very smart shot. Especially since clarkson was ice cold (2-10 from the field and 2-6 from the line in the 2nd half) and bogey was on fire.

Maybe shots like that one is the reason he doesn't normally play at the end.

Eh, seems like my entire fanhood was the Jazz making the "safe" play instead of stepping on people's necks. Sometimes we need to step on necks.