What's new

Game Thread May 07, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 05-07-21

In Bogeys last 6 games he is averaging 29.5 points per game. Hell, if you just take out his 7 point (1-11) stinker against the timberwolves then in a 13 game sample size he is averaging 26 points per game
his points in the last 14 games:
Thats pretty dang consistent scoring production.

We had a good lead, he was ice cold, and we could have ran more clock (the shot was early in the clock) and he wasn't wide open. It was an of the dribble three with a defender right by him. He made a move to get some space but it wasn't like it was a wide open catch and shoot three.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Are we talking about the same play? It was a fast break I believe off a turnover near the end. Those are the shots Quin wants him to take. I knew it was in the moment he shot it. That’s his game. Stop hating on him. He’s only doing what coach told him to do, be aggressive on offense. Plus, he isn’t Used to playing at the end.

Are we talking about the same play? It was a fast break I believe off a turnover near the end. Those are the shots Quin wants him to take. I knew it was in the moment he shot it. That’s his game. Stop hating on him. He’s only doing what coach told him to do, be aggressive on offense. Plus, he isn’t Used to playing at the end.
FWIW discussing how a player played during a specific game doesn't equal hating on that player.

Ya you are talking about the wrong play. The clarkson 3 im referring to came with 51.7 seconds left. It was after a loose ball foul on Jokic so it wasn't a fast break. And it was unassisted. There was about 17 seconds left on the shot clock. We had a 3 point lead. We could have ran the shot clock down and left only 34 seconds on the game clock. It was an off the dribble shot with a defender close by. If he misses that then denver gets the ball back down by 3 with 51 seconds left rather than 34 seconds left.
Now im very happy he made the shot and it was the dagger that put them away but it wasn't a very smart shot. Especially since clarkson was ice cold (2-10 from the field and 2-6 from the line in the 2nd half) and bogey was on fire.

Maybe shots like that one is the reason he doesn't normally play at the end.

Clarkson put up 20/5/8/2. He wasn’t very efficient but played great none the less.
Yep he had a great first half and despite having a poor second half he still helped with hustle plays and his huge 3 to put the game away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya you are talking about the wrong play. The clarkson 3 im referring to came with 51.7 seconds left. It was after a loose ball foul on Jokic so it wasn't a fast break. And it was unassisted. There was about 17 seconds left on the shot clock. We had a 3 point lead. We could have ran the shot clock down and left only 34 seconds on the game clock. It was an off the dribble shot with a defender close by. If he misses that then denver gets the ball back down by 3 with 51 seconds left rather than 34 seconds left.
Now im very happy he made the shot and it was the dagger that put them away but it wasn't a very smart shot. Especially since clarkson was ice cold (2-10 from the field and 2-6 from the line in the 2nd half) and bogey was on fire.

Eh, seems like my entire fanhood was the Jazz making the "safe" play instead of stepping on people's necks. Sometimes we need to step on necks.

Clarkson put up 20/5/8/2. He wasn’t very efficient but played great none the less.
As a matter of necessity Clarkson had been playing out of his role. He is the best 6th man in the league, but not the best first option in the league. For what he has been asked to do I think he's done pretty well for the most part.

My sister dropped by about halftime. I love her, but really? I sort of kept my eye on the game but am bummed I didn't get to fully concentrate. Non-sports fans, amiright?

I love this team with my whole heart and soul.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
There is no rule you have you answer the door. Just saying.