What's new

McNuggets at the Jazz - Wednesday, October 18th - 7 PM

He's shooting the three the way I shot it when I was 12 because I didn't quite have the strength to get it to the basket with my regular, proper shot.

The first thing I'd change about Rubio's set shot is in his legs. He needs better foot placement, balance, and lift. After repping that out, I'd make adjustment to his release without tearing it down too much.

You and I can rightfully claim to be the earliest and most consistent fans of Ricky Rubio.

Shoot man, I've wanted Ricky here for at least the last 2-3 years. I'm so glad it's finally happened.

Hayward really is stupid. Hayward is pretty dang good in transition, he would've had so many easy baskets with Rubio. Oh well, we'll still beat Boston.

Agreed. I'm just mystified as to why his form on his shot looks so horrible. It looks very correctable, so why hasn't he corrected it?

LOL - I don't know if it's because he's on The Jazz now but his form is even worse than I remember.

Rubio's jump shooting mechanics remind me of when they pull people from the crowd and give them a gift certificate to Arby's or something if they can manage to hit a 3.

Also, speaking to the defense, the Nuggets are one of the best cutting teams in the NBA. Jokic can find anyone who beats the defense backdoor. I dont recall the Jazz ever getting beat off-ball on cuts.

Agreed. I'm just mystified as to why his form on his shot looks so horrible. It looks very correctable, so why hasn't he corrected it?

Rubio's form isnt horrible, it's actually pretty good. It's just not conducive to 3pt range. His midrange % and FT% are a testament to his accuracy, precision, and consistency.

Maybe the Jazz can work on tweaking his form to shrink the hitch and get it to more of a 1 motion release, but then you might risk affecting his mid-range accuracy.

Random notes while watching game!

First of all, if NBA teams were stocks, I'd be buying Jazz shares. Top quality organization, vibe, coaching, this is a great work put together and under appreciated in the sports world.

D mitch thrown in at last seconds for tip - he doesn't even know why! I can't imagine what he must have been thinking. First time on D he cheats off his man backing into the lane. Not faulting him I play the same way, dare the offender to shoot, make conservative Team D choice and take away the blow by. Got a 3 put in his face. Welcome to the NBA.

First time wide open on O with the ball he passes up the 3 and drives to the rim for the first two sweet free throws of his career, great confidence. He plays conservative, but aggressive. That's his style and this is a rookie? Wow.

Rubio took that charge, no call by the Refs. Jokic is an top notch player, recognized the mismatch and brought it to the attention of the whole team, and got the easy assist.

Hood joins the team on the bench now coming from the toilet, trying his best to look G. Gobert defends Jokic, excellent D, tips out the rebound

D Mitch makes awesome drive to the goal, fakes reverses for his first offensive highlight. What shoes his this guy wearing? Very bland style but looks like the right choice. Ingles missed his very first 3 attempt but has been running the offense and hit his next later.

Burks makes nice first offensive play after coming in.

Jazz go small with JJ at the 4, Denver goes big brings in Plumlee with Jokic, Quin takes a time out. Good time to take one anyway with 2 minutes left in the quarter.

DMg3bEOU8AAPCe6.jpg:large

Air Max Sefolosha

Also, speaking to the defense, the Nuggets are one of the best cutting teams in the NBA. Jokic can find anyone who beats the defense backdoor. I dont recall the Jazz ever getting beat off-ball on cuts.

I was specifically watching Mitchell guard Harris in regards to this. He did a great job for a rookie.

Same with Rubio.

Random notes while watching game!

First of all, if NBA teams were stocks, I'd be buying Jazz shares. Top quality organization, vibe, coaching, this is a great work put together and under appreciated in the sports world.

D mitch thrown in at last seconds for tip - he doesn't even know why! I can't imagine what he must have been thinking. First time on D he cheats off his man backing into the lane. Not faulting him I play the same way, dare the offender to shoot, make conservative Team D choice and take away the blow by. Got a 3 put in his face. Welcome to the NBA.

First time wide open on O with the ball he passes up the 3 and drives to the rim for the first two sweet free throws of his career, great confidence. He plays conservative, but aggressive. That's his style and this is a rookie? Wow.

Rubio took that charge, no call by the Refs. Jokic is an top notch player, recognized the mismatch and brought it to the attention of the whole team, and got the easy assist.

Hood joins the team on the bench now coming from the toilet, trying his best to look G. Gobert defends Jokic, excellent D, tips out the rebound

D Mitch makes awesome drive to the goal, fakes reverses for his first offensive highlight. What shoes his this guy wearing? Very bland style but looks like the right choice. Ingles missed his very first 3 attempt but has been running the offense and hit his next later.

Burks makes nice first offensive play after coming in.

Jazz go small with JJ at the 4, Denver goes big brings in Plumlee with Jokic, Quin takes a time out. Good time to take one anyway with 2 minutes left in the quarter.

These are good. Are you going to post the rest of the game?

Next play, Denver passes the ball into the interior of the Jazz Defense for what look likes an easy score, but what! UDOH GO THERE! I thought who was that? its Ekpedeme Friday "Ekpe" Udoh GO THERE!!! That's who. Swatted that ball 20 feet.

DMITCH with the ball on the perimeter now, makes sweet 25 foot pass to JINGLES in the Corner for another 3 from the australian.

George Hill suddenly plays amazing defense, he doesn't look to be the same person. roids &coke have taken their toll? NO! It's some dude named THABO Sefolosha

Ingles with the ball, he dancing with Favors for a time, setting up none other than his NBA2K DUNK along the baseline.

Denver has subconsciously been scarred tho they have the lead the very first two offensive plays Utah Ran were both designed for Favors, but then were violently hammered on by GOBERA from the otherside, now FAVORS appeared to have dunked from damn near the 3pt line.

Handling the ball now for the jazz appears to be a sexy lion tatted son of Pistol Pete Maravich He crosses a dude up with a behind the back dribble and flair to find GOBERA for yet another hammer. I notice HOOD has no tatts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad stat of the night - 2K+ empty seats.

For the home opener?

In a re-modeled arena?

Come on Utah!

For the home opener?

In a re-modeled arena?

Come on Utah!

Only 2000 empty? That's surprising.

Why would we go see a team that biffed a rebuild, is going to be on the playoff bubble, and is on the brink of another tankbuild?

For the home opener?

In a re-modeled arena?

Come on Utah!

Only 2000 empty? That's surprising.

Why would we go see a team that biffed a rebuild, is going to be on the playoff bubble, and is on the brink of another tankbuild?

yall should know that Utah fans have become softer than kitten ****. This aint the 90s anymore.

For the home opener?

In a re-modeled arena?

Come on Utah!

The game was sold-out. There is now other **** to do in the arena besides sitting in your designated seat the entire time.