What's new

McNuggets at the Jazz - Wednesday, October 18th - 7 PM

Yep, and then when the Jazz traded for Rubio, guess what the first thing the geniuses had to say? They did it to save money. LOLOLOLOL

Utah always had a legit reason for maintaining that cap space, in order to look for a bargain from someone else cutting someone at the end of the season, to make trades easier, or to help facilitate a trade for someone else. It's something I kept saying over and over again, and now that you're proven wrong, you're bitter. Cry me a ****ing river, then build a bridge and get over it. Utah spent their money right before the end of the season when they didn't have to.

Must suck being wrong all the time.

LOL

Is there anyone in the league that would trade Rubio for Kanter? Because that is what the deal ended up being.

-2.5 Box Plus/Minus for his career. -1.3 Value over Replacement Player for his career. Goodness, Kanter is even worse than the eye-test would tell you.

We can all breathe a sign of relief - Ingles played well.

Burks finally looks healthy.

The Nuggets are solid. They're a deep team - nice win.

Few take aways from the game.

- We look GOOD! Our ball movement was awesome and we always managed to generate a good look. We attacked the rim and everyone was involved.

- We are AWESOME when we crank our defensive intensity up.

- Our depth was impressive. AB, DM, JJ and Udoh all had great games.

- DM is a STUD. Had a great game, loved his intensity on D and his willingness to attack. Has some veteran moves also.

-AB is BACK YO! Love this dude and I hope Quin gives him time at backup PG, I think he can do a better job than DM at this stage. I think AB is also more suited to be our #1/1b option instead of Hood, he just has the mentality for it.

- Hood may just be a 3rd guy on a good team in the Kris Middleton mold. My expectations are easing on him for this year. I think he could become a #1 option but it will be a 3-4yr journey similar to GH.

- Favs!!! That dude got his BOUNCE back. He flew to the rim along the baseline early and I jumped out of my chair. I loved that we got him going early and it needs to happen more.

- We have assets! All this off-season talk around Hood, Favs and AB. If they continue to play like they are, they all have great trade value if the FO decides to go that way.

- Rubio looked FANTASTIC. His defense was amazing and hit 'some' shots

- Coach Q did a great job with his rotations

- This is JAZZ basketball!! I loved how even when things werent going our way and even with a new group, we never looked rattled, never lost our composure.

- Joe Jingles lived up to that contract today. If ge can be that consistently for us he will be worth every cent.

- On to the next. Lets get that W for Rubio and shut down the ISO Wolves!!

Rubio appears to have a "CP3" like ability to use screens to get himself open for 14-17 foot jumpers. I have no problem with that. His three-point stroke is horrid. Even on one of his makes his mechanics were all over the place.
I truly believe that the Jazz coaches will help him with that. Imagine if he improves significantly from 3 by the end of this year? Hayward, AB, Jingles and even Exum all improved their shooting mechanics under Snyder and the Jazz developmental coaching staff. Rubio is a smart, hardworking guy. He’s going to improve his shot here.

'rhea Rod strikes again!

One of the most fun games I've ever been to. That 4th quarter was unreal. The crowd went insane. If this game was any indication, this year is going to be fuuuuuun.

If Rubio goes for 10-10-5 and gets one point per shot, I'm going to be cool AF with that. He's making everybody else better.

If Rubio goes for 10-10-5 and gets one point per shot, I'm going to be cool AF with that. He's making everybody else better.
Agreed. I'm just mystified as to why his form on his shot looks so horrible. It looks very correctable, so why hasn't he corrected it?

Plus his defense?? Awesome.

How many times did he come behind people and poke the ball away? Even if the other team gets it back, that's 2-3 seconds of shot clock wasted.

Agreed. I'm just mystified as to why his form on his shot looks so horrible. It looks very correctable, so why hasn't he corrected it?

I'm in the crowd who thinks his shot will improve here. I have no answers for why he's struggled in this facet..... except for to say that he's been a savant as a dribbler and a passer, and gifts like that are usually unequally distributed across the full spectrum of the field of play. Or some ish like that.

Gary Harris is a good player. I prefer him to Hood tbh.

As the former president of the Gary Harris Fan Club 2014, I'm forced to partially agree with this. If Hood *gets his **** together*, doe, he will be better able to generate his own offense.

Plus his defense?? Awesome.

How many times did he come behind people and poke the ball away? Even if the other team gets it back, that's 2-3 seconds of shot clock wasted.

You and I can rightfully claim to be the earliest and most consistent fans of Ricky Rubio.

He's shooting the three the way I shot it when I was 12 because I didn't quite have the strength to get it to the basket with my regular, proper shot.

It is kinda confounding that a player with his ball handling gifts could never figure out the mechanics for a somewhat reliable shot.

That's because he's lefty and he was forced to shoot with the right hand when was a kid. Or at least this is what the news said several years ago in Spain. You can see that he signs with the left hand and that he is more natural attacking left lay-ups.