What's new

Mike Tyson vs. the guys who almost botched the Crowder deal -- Kings @ Jazz 3/17/18 7:00 PM MST

Bench struggled a lot. With Thabo out, this is going to be the playoff rotation.

Gobert - Favors - Jerebko - Crowder - Jingles - O’Neale - Mitchell - Rubio - Exum

Hopefully Exum, O’Neale and Jerebko are up to the challenge. Quin has been simply masterful with his rotations since Gobert came back. Between that and his development process for Rubio, Jingles, Mitchell, O’Neale, Crowder and even Favors has been nothing short of spectacular. I’m excited to see what Dante brings to the table a month from now.

I’m not worried about jerebko. X and O’Neal on the other hand......

Was very glad to see the Jazz grit this one out and win it in the closing minutes. That's what championship caliber teams do and this team is finally ascending to that level instead of having letdowns. Still a little too close to call for me but when everything was on the line, they clamped down and got it done. That's a character win for the Jazz regardless of the opponent.

I’m not worried about jerebko. X and O’Neal on the other hand......
I wouldnt worry too much. Quin was experimenting with a few different line ups today and yes some werent great. I doubt we see much of Exum and Oneal sharing the court without DM again.

I wouldnt worry too much. Quin was experimenting with a few different line ups today and yes some werent great. I doubt we see much of Exum and Oneal sharing the court without DM again.

I’m worried that X and O’Neal are not good enough is what I meant.

Ive seen enough of O'Neal to think he can be a solid peice, I just think he's hit a shooting slump and down on confidence (maybe rookie wall?).

Im not evaluating Exum for a few weeks yet. He only needs to be better than Neto this year.
I agree with both these assessments. So far, pretty pleased with Dante. He’ll shake off the rust and get some decent minutes come playoffs.

He is shooting and finishing right now way worse than Alec ever has in his entire career. Yes he is really good at defense though.
Yeah, I was talking about his offense style. Out of control, low % layups that end with him in the front row leading to a break the other way. Still like what he brings to the jazz a lot. Just needs to let the game come to him on offense.

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app

Ive seen enough of O'Neal to think he can be a solid peice, I just think he's hit a shooting slump and down on confidence (maybe rookie wall?).

Im not evaluating Exum for a few weeks yet. He only needs to be better than Neto this year.

Good post. I tend to agree. O’Neal’s shooting since the all star break is very concerning though, rookie wall or not. I would bet that he is the worst rotational wing shooter in the entire league in this stretch which at this point is a pretty decent sample size. 24% from the field. 19% from 3.
107 defensive rating before all star break. 95 defensive rating after.
107 offensive rating before the break. 78 after it.

Could just be the rookie wall. Could be a slump. Could bounce back like Ricky rubio. Or there could be a reason he wasn’t drafted and is an “old” rookie.

Still love his defense and he still provides some value but his shooting and finishing needs to get much much better than it has been recently.

Good post. I tend to agree. O’Neal’s shooting since the all star break is very concerning though, rookie wall or not. I would bet that he is the worst rotational wing shooter in the entire league in this stretch which at this point is a pretty decent sample size. 24% from the field. 19% from 3.

Hey, he's doing better than last time you mentioned it. He was at 16%. :D

Cool line. Is that from something/someone?
Something silly from my childhood.

Early in the morning in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,
Two deaf policemen heard this noise,
And came and shot those two dead boys,
If you don't believe this lie is true,
Ask the blind man,
he saw it too.

Hey, he's doing better than last time you mentioned it. He was at 16%. :D

Yes, his 3 point %went up a bit. Field goal % went down though

Something silly from my childhood.

Early in the morning in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight,
Drew their swords and shot each other,
Two deaf policemen heard this noise,
And came and shot those two dead boys,
If you don't believe this lie is true,
Ask the blind man,
he saw it too.

Full version:

Ladies and Gentlemen, skinny and stout,
I'll tell you a tale I know nothing about;
The Admission is free, so pay at the door,
Now pull up a chair and sit on the floor.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys rose to fight;
Drew their swords and shot each other.

A blind man came to watch fair play,
A mute man came to shout "Horray!"
A deaf policeman heard the noise and
Came to stop those two dead boys.

He lived on the corner in the middle of the block,
In a two-story house on a vacant lot;
A man with no legs came walking by,
and kicked the lawman in his thigh.

He crashed through a wall without making a sound,
into a dry creek bed and suddenly drowned;
The long black hearse came to cart him away,
But he ran for his life and is still gone today.

I watched from the corner of the big round table,
The only eyewitness to facts of my fable;
But if you doubt my lies are true,
Just ask the blind man, she saw it too.