What's new

"monkey it up" racist or not?

I've never heard monkey it up. And it doesn't seem like others here have. Archie had to google it.

Did you grow up with white men who replaced cuss words proper with more palpable cussing? I've always heard it used as don't mess with it or dont mess it up or stop messing around. Have you ever heard the story 5 little monkeys jumping on a bed?

Did you grow up with white men who replaced cuss words proper with more palpable cussing? I've always heard it used as don't mess with it or dont mess it up or dont mess around. Have you ever heard the story 5 little monkeys jumping on a bed?

No, I didn't grow up in that environment. And I haven't heard that story. But I do believe you.

I’ve heard the phrase before.

It was never used in a racist way, but it definitely has racist connotations.

Probably a phrase that’s better off not being used.

Calling someone a monkey(so and so gonna monkey up blah blah) is certainly implying that they're taking a less involved action. It does not necessarily mean it had anything to do with the subject being African American, and or African Americans inherently being less evolved, as compared to the white man who is "genetically superior".

But you look at his facebook history and what groups he's moderated in the past and judge for yourself. It's in the news. Just google "Ron Desantis Moderator"

Srs? Monkey with, monkey it up, etc. used to be pretty common. I've never heard it used with the slightest bit of racial undertone.

I have heard of monkey with but not monkey it up. FWIW. Which ain’t much

Calling someone a monkey(so and so gonna monkey up blah blah) is certainly implying that they're taking a less involved action. It does not necessarily mean it had anything to do with the subject being African American, and or African Americans inherently being less evolved, as compared to the white man who is "genetically superior".

But you look at his facebook history and what groups he's moderated in the past and judge for yourself. It's in the news. Just google "Ron Desantis Moderator"

When you also consider that Desantis called Gillum "articulate," a term essentially never thrown a white person's way, I think it's safe to say the guy leans R...for racist.

I'm just going to assume Zombie and others of his ilk grew up with a silver spoon in their mouths. No actual real world experience, pampered their whole life and don't understand why everyone that looks like them don't live on a guilt ridden pedestal like themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going to assume Zombie and others of his ilk grew up with a silver spoon in their mouths. No actual real world experience, pampered their whole life and don't understand not everyone that looks like him lives on a guilt ridden white pedestal like himself.

I work with people who grew up in more diverse areas and they say the same thing. About their own Utah raised kids.

4fw_cUyTTkwmxfPYSn3-WBsWJNRaya4RGlfcg6z8ifQ.jpg

dammit those racist! or is it ok because a black man says it. and 2 "jews"(fake jews, who know nothing about Jewish religion)

The higher a monkey climbs a tree, the more his *** gets exposed. Applies to politicians of all races.

When I first heard it my first thought was the phrase "monkey-wrench in the works". Race didn't even occur to me until it was plastered all over the news.

I'm just going to assume Zombie and others of his ilk grew up with a silver spoon in their mouths. No actual real world experience, pampered their whole life and don't understand why everyone that looks like them don't live on a guilt ridden pedestal like themselves.
Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

I'm as flaming ****ing liberal as it gets and don't think the comment was racist in any way nor was it intended to be as such.