What's new

More Mitchell Love

Does anyone know where you can get a yellow Mitchell jersey? Or a white one? I realize the city edition is probably impossible to get for a while.

Just wait until Mitchell breaks the rookie record for total 3 pointers in a season (Damian Lillard - 185) as well as made 3 pointers per game (Damian Lillard - 2.3 per game). That will make him the most prolific 3 point shooting rookie since Lillard/Curry - ON TOP of winning the dunk contest and leading his team in scoring as a rookie.

Right now, Donovan has made 142/405 attempts (2.4 per game at a .351 average). He attempts and makes more 3s per game than any other rookie - by a pretty wide margin. If his averages hold up (and they should) he’ll easily get both records - over the last 15 games, he’s averaging 2.7 makes on 7.3 attempts - .373 average.

He needs 18 more to move into 3rd all time, 25 more to overtake Curry for 2nd and 44 more to top Lillard for 1st. He’ll need to average 2.3 makes per game to get there. I think he should be able to do that, and possibly more if he keeps shooting as well as he has since the win streak began.

Update on Most 3 point makes by a Rookie:

1.) Damian Lillard (12/13) - 185
2.) Steph Curry (09/10) - 166
3.) Rudy Fernandez (08/09) - 159

Donovan Mitchell (17/28) - 147
Needs 13 to take 3rd, 20 to take 2nd and 39 to take over 1st.

17 games left to go. He needs to average 2.3 per game to do that. He’s been averaging 2.6 per game (on 7.3 attempts) since the win streak began.

Update on Most 3 point makes by a Rookie:

1.) Damian Lillard (12/13) - 185
2.) Steph Curry (09/10) - 166
3.) Rudy Fernandez (08/09) - 159

Donovan Mitchell (17/28) - 147
Needs 13 to take 3rd, 20 to take 2nd and 39 to take over 1st.

17 games left to go. He needs to average 2.3 per game to do that. He’s been averaging 2.6 per game (on 7.3 attempts) since the win streak began.

Never heard of Rudy Fernandez.

He played 3 years for Portland and one year for Denver. Started 10 games in the NBA. Averaged 9.1 points per game and then went back to Spain to play for Real Madrid.
Dude could ball. Was it him who had a verbal altercation with Sloan before a game or during halftime or something like that? Dropped some F bombs on him?

I wonder if Fernandez might ever want to give the NBA another try for a couple of years, dude could (can?) play (and 33 is old but not ancient). Was athletic, too.

I wonder if Fernandez might ever want to give the NBA another try for a couple of years, dude could (can?) play (and 33 is old but not ancient). Was athletic, too.
I know nobody cares but me, but dude still puts up points at a respectable clip in the ACB (15 per 36) but it looks like he can't score inside the arc although he is money beyond it. 4:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

Cool story bro.

I can remember him having an awful land on an Ariza's foul and since then he's having back issues.
Search Rudy Fernández over Dwight Howard at Olympics gold medal match, insane. Healthy by then.
Excuse my English mistakes.

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

I know nobody cares but me, but dude still puts up points at a respectable clip in the ACB (15 per 36) but it looks like he can't score inside the arc although he is money beyond it. 4:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

Cool story bro.

He gets pretty fat money to play in Spain so i'd say its unlikely. He was a pain in the arse at the last Olympics.

Nice write up on Mitchell by the way

Last edited:
I always remember Rudy Fernandez destroying us when playing Portland.

Just wait until Mitchell breaks the rookie record for total 3 pointers in a season (Damian Lillard - 185) as well as made 3 pointers per game (Damian Lillard - 2.3 per game). That will make him the most prolific 3 point shooting rookie since Lillard/Curry - ON TOP of winning the dunk contest and leading his team in scoring as a rookie.

Right now, Donovan has made 142/405 attempts (2.4 per game at a .351 average). He attempts and makes more 3s per game than any other rookie - by a pretty wide margin. If his averages hold up (and they should) he’ll easily get both records - over the last 15 games, he’s averaging 2.7 makes on 7.3 attempts - .373 average.

He needs 18 more to move into 3rd all time, 25 more to overtake Curry for 2nd and 44 more to top Lillard for 1st. He’ll need to average 2.3 makes per game to get there. I think he should be able to do that, and possibly more if he keeps shooting as well as he has since the win streak began.

In Lillard's rookie year, the TBs won 33 games. In Curry's rookie year, the Dubs won 27 games. Utah is already at 35 wins and in the hunt of a playoff birth. Not saying that Curry and Lillard were chucks in their rookie year, but DMs 3 point game is more beneficial to his team. Which makes what he is doing even more special.

In Lillard's rookie year, the TBs won 33 games. In Curry's rookie year, the Dubs won 27 games. Utah is already at 35 wins and in the hunt of a playoff birth. Not saying that Curry and Lillard were chucks in their rookie year, but DMs 3 point game is more beneficial to his team. Which makes what he is doing even more special.
Agree completely. Potentially leading his team to a winning record and (hopefully) a playoff berth makes it all the more impressive.

In 2009/10, Curry was 3rd on his team with 17.5 ppg. Monta Ellis had 25.5 ppg. Corey Maggette had 19.8 ppg.

In 2012/13, Lillard was 2nd on his team with 19.0 ppg. LaMarcus Aldridge had 21.1 ppg.

Right now, Mitchell is 1st on the team with 19.8 ppg. Rodney Hood was 2nd, with 16.8 ppg. After that, you have Gobert (13.6 ppg), Favors (12.2 ppg), Rubio (12.1 ppg) and Jingles (10.9 ppg.) Donovan is CLEARLY carrying this team offensively - and has been for most of the year. Looking at these numbers, it’s amazing that the Jazz are winning games and competing for the playoffs. The Jazz defense is simply amazing.

Agree completely. Potentially leading his team to a winning record and (hopefully) a playoff berth makes it all the more impressive.

In 2009/10, Curry was 3rd on his team with 17.5 ppg. Monta Ellis had 25.5 ppg. Corey Maggette had 19.8 ppg.

In 2012/13, Lillard was 2nd on his team with 19.0 ppg. LaMarcus Aldridge had 21.1 ppg.

Right now, Mitchell is 1st on the team with 19.8 ppg. Rodney Hood was 2nd, with 16.8 ppg. After that, you have Gobert (13.6 ppg), Favors (12.2 ppg), Rubio (12.1 ppg) and Jingles (10.9 ppg.) Donovan is CLEARLY carrying this team offensively - and has been for most of the year. Looking at these numbers, it’s amazing that the Jazz are winning games and competing for the playoffs. The Jazz defense is simply amazing.

And just to counter the "since we lost Hayward someone has to shoot" crowd, Gordon's highest volume three point shooting season was last year when he shot 5.1 attempts per game and made good on 2.0 of those per game. Well under DM's 6.8 attempts and 2.4 makes. Extraordinary what he is doing as a rookie.

And just to counter the "since we lost Hayward someone has to shoot" crowd, Gordon's highest volume three point shooting season was last year when he shot 5.1 attempts per game and made good on 2.0 of those per game. Well under DM's 6.8 attempts and 2.4 makes. Extraordinary what he is doing as a rookie.
Donovan’s best trait that Hayward didn’t have is that Donovan isn’t afraid to try and fail. He’s not afraid to shoot and miss, and miss again, and miss again, and then take the next shot with full confidence and not a worry about it. Teammates literally throw Donovan the ball with like 2 seconds left on the shot clock 3 feet outside the 3 point line all the time and he has to jack up a shot. He doesn’t worry about percentages, or the fact it isn’t a real high percentage shot he is forced into at times, he takes it and rolls with whatever happens without blinking.

Donovan is “that guy” who has no problem with it being on him, and with how often he switches off to point in 4th quarters and has the ball in his hands to make decisions it shows the confidence both he and the coaches have in him. He isn’t the guy who’s going to give Joe Johnson the ball to close out a game, he will step up and do it..... as a rookie. Hayward wanted the fame and no blame. Donovan wants it all.