What's new

More Mitchell Love

I rather see Denver win. I think without Butler, the Nugs have the better team.
I agree. But with Butler healthy, I think the TWolves could be a tough out. I’d like to see them rough up the Rockets a bit.

That said. . . it’s a no-lose situation for the Jazz. Neither team threatens their seeding position, and Jazz fans can enjoy salty tears from either side for getting knocked out of the playoffs - Denver for trading Mitchell & Gobert for Lyles and cash or Minnesota for frustrating Jimmy Butler and making him question if he can win there heading into the final year of his contract. Plus, KAT and Wiggins are babies and Teague is a douche.

What is being 4th worth? Nobody gives out medals for 4th place, who was the fourth man on the moon? Nobody knows, nobody cares.

Excellent point. Fourth all-time leading scorer list is some scrub named Michael Jordan.

Fourth all-time in blocks? Mark Eaton. His defense sucked.

Fourth in HRs, some loser they called A Rod.

Anyone who doesn’t think Donovan is getting credit and attention is crazy. I’ve seen more on the Jazz and Donovan this year than any year I can ever remember. Things like he did last night are exactly why he can be a star in any market. He’s flashy, charismatic, and an amazing basketball player. He is the biggest true star this franchise has ever had and has a real opportunity to change this franchise forever like we’ve never before seen. He’s a rookie, but his name will be as household as a Westbrook in the next 5 years.

Anyone who doesn’t think Donovan is getting credit and attention is crazy. I’ve seen more on the Jazz and Donovan this year than any year I can ever remember. Things like he did last night are exactly why he can be a star in any market. He’s flashy, charismatic, and an amazing basketball player. He is the biggest true star this franchise has ever had and has a real opportunity to change this franchise forever like we’ve never before seen. He’s a rookie, but his name will be as household as a Westbrook in the next 5 years.

He has received a lot of coverage and this is all true. Has the skills and mindset to be a super duper star. Spida/Rudy era has begun...

The difference is that Donovan is a team player and Westbrook isn't, which is why I don't expect PG to return to OKC. And Carmelo, he's over-the-hill so it doesn't matter.

Anyone who doesn’t think Donovan is getting credit and attention is crazy. .

Agreed. Although a reasonable point would be that he would have gotten more credit sooner if he were in a big market. Remember Linsanity?

I think you've arrived when has-been actors seek you out after games. (e.g., Eddy Murphy)

We have an interesting contrast between the introverted and insecure Gordon Hayward (feeling that he didn't fit in at AS game, for example), and Donovan, where the role fits like a glove. Imagine Spida & teammates reaction to a wet willy. Delonte West's shooting hand would still be healing.

Those weren’t the only tricky issues Snyder had to navigate. Offensively, he knew the Jazz “needed to be really balanced and we needed to attack collectively.” Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson initially had other ideas, according to some people familiar with how it played out. With Hayward gone, Hood figured he would be the main scoring option, and after Johnson helped them mightily in the postseason last year, he thought the same. It created tension between Hood, Johnson, and the rest of the team.

Interesting. I wonder how accurate this is. I believe it about Hood (and I think they tried, he just wasn't up to the task) but not so sure about Joe Johnson.

Interesting. I wonder how accurate this is. I believe it about Hood (and I think they tried, he just wasn't up to the task) but not so sure about Joe Johnson.
It's possible with Joe. But I think he was professional about it and it's one of the reasons I still and will respect him. Honestly though, it makes sense as to why the Crowder deal went down the way it did and why DL would have absolutely flipped his **** when Sacto tried to change it up. No room for unnecessary drama on this club. Particularly with this team being as it is.

Agreed. Although a reasonable point would be that he would have gotten more credit sooner if he were in a big market. Remember Linsanity?

I think you've arrived when has-been actors seek you out after games. (e.g., Eddy Murphy)

We have an interesting contrast between the introverted and insecure Gordon Hayward (feeling that he didn't fit in at AS game, for example), and Donovan, where the role fits like a glove. Imagine Spida & teammates reaction to a wet willy. Delonte West's shooting hand would still be healing.
Yes it probably would have happened quicker...but it happened pretty damn quick. There’s not many people who don’t know Donovan as a basketball fan, and he’s about to have a lot National TV coverage as we go into the playoffs.....so I’m hoping for a lot of games.

Of course Donovan is going to want reckognition, but I truly do believe he cares most about his team, teammates, and coaches the most. If it wasn’t sincere that he cares more about those things than himself, he wouldn’t have been so well accepted. He wouldn’t be getting 40 minutes and 20-30 shots a night without teammates getting upset with it. He would have had his car popcorned by now. Every teammate and coach respects Donovan. The media who get to see him every night have all said he’s legitimatly who he looks to be. It’s nice to see him take a subtle jab and have a sense of humor about something like this.

Little things like that hoodie give you a glimpse more into who he genuinely is or how he can’t keep the smile off his face during postgame interviews because he knows the questions coming about it. The more I see of him the more I can’t believe he’s real or that he’s here. The city’s his, the franchise is his, the fan base is in the palm of his hands,he’s basically just on a waiting period to be given max money, and he knows it....but he’s remained the exact same kid from the day he was drafted until now.

Yes it probably would have happened quicker...but it happened pretty damn quick. There’s not many people who don’t know Donovan as a basketball fan, and he’s about to have a lot National TV coverage as we go into the playoffs.....so I’m hoping for a lot of games.

Of course Donovan is going to want reckognition, but I truly do believe he cares most about his team, teammates, and coaches the most. If it wasn’t sincere that he cares more about those things than himself, he wouldn’t have been so well accepted. He wouldn’t be getting 40 minutes and 20-30 shots a night without teammates getting upset with it. He would have had his car popcorned by now. Every teammate and coach respects Donovan. The media who get to see him every night have all said he’s legitimatly who he looks to be. It’s nice to see him take a subtle jab and have a sense of humor about something like this.

Little things like that hoodie give you a glimpse more into who he genuinely is or how he can’t keep the smile off his face during postgame interviews because he knows the questions coming about it. The more I see of him the more I can’t believe he’s real or that he’s here. The city’s his, the franchise is his, the fan base is in the palm of his hands,he’s basically just on a waiting period to be given max money, and he knows it....but he’s remained the exact same kid from the day he was drafted until now.

I think Mitchell is well on his way to having a better shoe deal with Adidas.

Imagine Spida & teammates reaction to a wet willy. Delonte West's shooting hand would still be healing.

Can these two sentences be nominated for the best sentence of the year on jazzfanz award?

Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up but it feels like momentum is starting to swing in Donovan's favor in the ROTY race. I'm seeing a lot of players, former players and media members in support of Donovan.

Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up but it feels like momentum is starting to swing in Donovan's favor in the ROTY race. I'm seeing a lot of players, former players and media members in support of Donovan.
I get the exact opposite feeling. If it was players/coaches voting on it I think he’d win. From the people who actually have votes that have revealed their votes I’d say it’s been like 90% Simmons. Rudy looks to be in good shape for DPOY. Some votes for Quin as COY. I actually think ROY is the least likely to happen.

How many of these voters are swayed by companies they work for? Like ESPN obviously wants to push Simmons as the next LeBron etc Also, how many sponsorship companies give voters money under the table? Wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

How many of these voters are swayed by companies they work for? Like ESPN obviously wants to push Simmons as the next LeBron etc Also, how many sponsorship companies give voters money under the table? Wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean this race is pretty close, I don’t think you can criticize someone voting Simmons. There’s legitimate reasons to vote for both.