What's new

More Mitchell Love

Sixers fans who say it is no contest and Simmons should win in a runaway and bash Donovan are idiots (most have probably only seen highlight reels)
Jazz fans who say it is no contest and Donovan should win a runaway and bash Simmons are idiots (most have probably only seen highlight reels)

I watch 90% of Jazz and Sixers games. Both players are freaking amazing. Period.

Freakin Tatum and Kuzma would win ROY in most years and Donovan and Simmons are light years better.

Just enjoy two historically great rookies and let the votes fall where they may. No one judges careers based on ROY. Bill Russel, Malone, Pippin, Olajuwon, Magic, Kobe did not win. Brogden, Mike Miller, Phil Ford, MCW, Okafor won.

This is the perfect year for Co-Rookie MVP. They have done it before and they should do it again. There is no statistical measure that says one of these guys is better than the other. Let them share it. Nobody should be upset by that.
It's based on a vote of 100 writers and the results are published. The ties were back under an old system where a few dudes in a smoke-filled room chose the winner. The only way for it to be co-ROY is if the vote is split exactly 50-50. And the odds of that are nil. I think it goes 65/35 Simmons.

I hope you are wrong, but I understand your point.

They have both been amazing, they are in different conferences and Simmons was drafted in a different year.

But at the end of the day, ROY only matters if DM cares about it. Not sure he cares that much...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope you are wrong, but I understand your point.

They have both been amazing, they are in different conferences and Simmons was drafted in a different year.

But at the end of the day, ROY only matters if DM cares about it. Not sure he cares that much...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can agree with that, but as a fan of this team, I want DM's work to be recognized nationally. I totally get if Simmons wins and understand it. He's a damn good player. But DM feels like a Heaven-sent gift for a team that lost it's way and to Rudy as if to say, "Don't worry, we don't love hos either." I know he's young and things change, but as of now, you are figuring out how to best keep DM happy and here. I doubt he actually leaves, but his potential makes me giddy.

9yojBGH.png

Richard Jefferson posted this.

Sixers fans who say it is no contest and Simmons should win in a runaway and bash Donovan are idiots (most have probably only seen highlight reels)
Jazz fans who say it is no contest and Donovan should win a runaway and bash Simmons are idiots (most have probably only seen highlight reels)

I watch 90% of Jazz and Sixers games. Both players are freaking amazing. Period.

Freakin Tatum and Kuzma would win ROY in most years and Donovan and Simmons are light years better.

Just enjoy two historically great rookies and let the votes fall where they may. No one judges careers based on ROY. Bill Russel, Malone, Pippin, Olajuwon, Magic, Kobe did not win. Brogden, Mike Miller, Phil Ford, MCW, Okafor won.

You left Mark Jackson off that list too

As much as I want it for Mitchell, I can at least understand why Simmons would win (given the current rules - which I haven’t liked since Griffin did it).

With that said, I think what Mitchell has done in the West, with little offensive help around him for most of the year; is significantly better than what Simmons has done in the East, with one All Star and knock down shooters all around him.

To me, he has two big asterisks tagged to him for this season.

Plus, if Mitchell wins. . . Sixers fans will BITCH and moan about the injustice of that forever. That alone would make it great.

Intentionally. I would not put the guy who is 4rth in all-time assists in the same category as MCW

What is being 4th worth? Nobody gives out medals for 4th place, who was the fourth man on the moon? Nobody knows, nobody cares.

Countdown on Most 3 point makes by a Rookie: Post Warriors - 1/10/18

1.) Donovan Mitchell, Utah (17/18) - 186
2.) Damian Lillard, Portland (12/13) - 185
3.) Steph Curry, GSW (09/10) - 166

Donovan Mitchell (17/18) - went 4/5 on three pointers tonight, doing most of his damage in the first half of the game. Takes sole possession of the record, and can add to it with one more game in Portland.

While it would’ve been nice to pass Lillard in Portland, I’m really glad he managed to get the record in front of the home crowd in a blowout win against the Warriors.

Actually passed Curry and Lillard in two separate blowouts. Gotta love that!

One more check mark on an awesome season for Donovan.

Wonder if the east coast talking heads bothered to stay up to watch the Jazz bend the Warriors over in their last game. Don’t care if they didn’t have “anything” to play for. Hope they get their asses kicked in the first round. There’s blood in the water.

Donovan did a great job of branding and grabbing headlines last night. Was great with his interviews, and did exactly what he should of in response. He’s always impressive. Super Star is the only appropriate description of the kid.

I can agree with that, but as a fan of this team, I want DM's work to be recognized nationally. I totally get if Simmons wins and understand it. He's a damn good player. But DM feels like a Heaven-sent gift for a team that lost it's way and to Rudy as if to say, "Don't worry, we don't love hos either." I know he's young and things change, but as of now, you are figuring out how to best keep DM happy and here. I doubt he actually leaves, but his potential makes me giddy.
He already is being recognized. Like I said in another thread, people are calling him the next MJ, and they are not even Jazz fans.

He already is being recognized. Like I said in another thread, people are calling him the next MJ, and they are not even Jazz fans.
Good lord. Could you imagine?

Nuggets fans on suicide watch. Hope Minnesota beats them tonight just so Denver fans have the whole offseason to bitch about trading away Utah’s two franchise players.

Good lord. Could you imagine?

Nuggets fans on suicide watch. Hope Minnesota beats them tonight just so Denver fans have the whole offseason to bitch about trading away Utah’s two franchise players.
I rather see Denver win. I think without Butler, the Nugs have the better team.