Murder Among the Mormons

babe

Back to the specific LDS sort of problem.......

I know some people who would make fair case studies. We get similar emotional relations in groups of closely-held beliefs that are socialized as much as the LDS wards or Church can be, at least for some. Then there's even more intense faith groups, more like cults.

Lots of people have struggles arising from some form of abuse in their youth, producing some form of dissociative self-identity syndrome. If you're not ready to be honest with yourself, you can hardly be honest with others. If you're not already able to normally love yourself, you can hardly give that kind of love to your partner.

These are the people who need to be loved more.

Mormons today persist in their beliefs for some strong reasons, mostly family connections and community relationships, mostly fairly balanced and dispersed among a number of friends and relatives and people within the community that are familiar and compatible. Few will budge over a historical discrepancy or doctrinal issue.

If someone growing up in an LDS family does not form those connections, no doctrine or history can sustain the relationship with the Church/family.

babe

What I wrote is true and just a slice of what happened. I lived it and I have a hard time believing some one could act the way she act towards me. I am not perfect but I tried everything to make her happy. I lost myself and gave up too much of me to make it work. I do not regret staying because I provided stability for my kids. I have great relationships with all three of my kids. I am proud of this since I grew up with an abusive father and an absentee one. Time has a way of giving us a more objective view on life. Nothing I could have done would have changed the outcome because my ex is a sociopath who is not capable of being honest or have true empathy. I am lucky that it wasn't worse and I could have lost my life. Yes I think she was capable of harming me. She had her BF and his Companion stake out my house. My neighbor warned me about it. Her brother had gone through a divorce and had similar situation.

Anyway my point isn't to discuss everything that happened or speculate what could have happened. What I learned is that even in marriage that one needs to keep something for themselves and that 100 percent trust is a risky thing to have. I learned that some people do not survive a tragic childhood. I learned that she had lied about her upbringing because it was too embarrassing for her and painful. Her lying was the way she coped. Not good for a successful relationship but it helped me to find some forgiveness towards her. I have taken the things I cannot forgive and put them in my suitcase and in the closet. I mostly feel sorry or pity for her and sadness for my children because they missed out on having a healthy mother. The sadness pops up every so often when I see my kids struggle. For the most part I have moved on and live my life and look forward to better days ahead.

I completely understand this. Well, not all as completely as you do, I'm sure, Some of this I do understand, but because of my own experiences.

This kind of thing goes way beyond what any little comment can address.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I finished watching this last night. I was a bit disappointed. They didn't really dive deep enough into how he developed his forging techniques and how he pulled it off on such high profile documents for me. I know they did cover it but it was a bit superficial. The show also really let the LDS church off the hook, imho. They could have done more to look into their actions. I'm guessing that it would have limited the cooperation of the people they talked to, though, if it was viewed as a hit job on the LDS church.

Engorged On Unborn Gore

I finished watching this last night. I was a bit disappointed. They didn't really dive deep enough into how he developed his forging techniques and how he pulled it off on such high profile documents for me. I know they did cover it but it was a bit superficial. The show also really let the LDS church off the hook, imho. They could have done more to look into their actions. I'm guessing that it would have limited the cooperation of the people they talked to, though, if it was viewed as a hit job on the LDS church.
Any critical question or comment regarding the church can only be understood as anti-LDS because their true “scripture” is the Church Handbook of Instructions, which was written for no other purpose than protecting the LDS brand.

When brand loyalty is your goal, it is not the same thing as adhering to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus actually answered difficult questions (and with profound responses). He didn’t rely on policies or PR firms.

The handbook is the very thing that allows sexual predators and ponzi schemers to run rampant with few consequences in LDS circles. They almost universally would rather resolve things internally that call outside authorities.
The handling of Mark Hoffman would absolutely have been handled internally had their not been bombs involved.

Beer

That was really the only thing I was interested in and they barely touched on it.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I don’t want to know the story. I just want to know if it is well done. Anyone?
It's medium well done. I'd say you'd have to have some reason to be interested to really like it. It's mostly news footage from the time it was happening and interviews with people who were connected to it where they're usually sitting alone in a chair in the middle of a large open room and giving their part of the story.