What's new

My Apologies

I was there when you took down Peeks. You tell me how high you want me to jump.
Nah
Tbh stoked, you, nate, rev, moe, colt45, OL, spazz all pretty good dudes/bitches.

I can't really hate

Yep, by locking it but still maintaining access to it. You just ignored the thread till it became too big for you to handle.

There are numerous post that are very similar to recent ones posted but no actions were taken back then. They are still there if you want to see. It's just inconsistent moderating.

I'm sorry. Would you like a refund of everything you've paid JazzFanz?

Oh, so you are familiar with all of the moderator discussions and how that thread was moderated over the course of its existence?

You're confusing not regularly visiting the thread with not moderating the thread. It was never off our radar. Any report that was received was handled. At a certain point, it was decided that the thread needed to be retired.

Moderators aren't the police. We don't patrol the board looking for wrongdoing.

I think that basically what you described as not a moderators job is basically what most people think a moderators job is.

Perhaps the moderator job should be described to the community in a little more clarity.

I think that basically what you described as not a moderators job is basically what most people think a moderators job is.

Perhaps the moderator job should be described to the community in a little more clarity.

That's fair.

I would explain more here, but I barely know my *** from a hole in the ground. I'll let someone who can string a comprehensible sentence together take care of it.

Complaining is part of the fun. If the site were perfect (whatever that means) it would also be boring as hell.

Jason and the rest of the crew are good dudes and dudettes.

Something Jason said that is very true is the number of lurkers. I started a thread maybe a year ago asking lurkers to post and introduce themselves. I was surprised to see at least 20 - 25 people immediately post and all had 'aged' join dates. Some stuck around a while and made great contributions, some were funny and joined right in.

I would think it would be near unanimous that posters here are pro growth.

We should make a concerted effort to lure out the lurkers and keep them engaged. The alts are usually pretty damn obvious. I don't believe new posters get run off because they are called an alt.. I really don't. I can see, though, how the inside jokes makes the experience less engaging. No idea how to fix that.

My first six months in here, it seems, everyone thought I was a reincarnation of the greatest genius this site ever had. . . Ain't. . . . and I took it as a supreme compliment.

If I ever get banned, I promise I'll come back as "Ain'tbabe".

Y all are crazy. I leave for a couple days to have a baby and this is what happens. Glad Gameface is still here. I could take or leave NAOS.

Lol. Jk NAOS. If you were not here then all the rage would probably fall to one love, and he would end up getting his face eaten off by some dude on bath salts.

I'm gonna look up the term boycott, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean leave and never come back. Plus, the whole point of a boycott is to get enough people to come along to get what you want. Since it was just me and Dave I'd say the boycott didn't work. And I was really just waiting to see what Jason had to say and as far as I'm concerned he knocked it out of the park and I'm more than happy to throw my support behind him, this site and each and every one of the mods, save Moe who really hurt my feelings. I thought we were cool Moe?

...And I was really just waiting to see what Jason had to say and as far as I'm concerned he knocked it out of the park and I'm more than happy to throw my support behind him, this site and each and every one of the mods, save Moe who really hurt my feelings. I thought we were cool Moe?

umm, wha'd I do? The only thing I can think of was that perhaps my "toodle loo" comment seemed too flippant or something. If it wasn't that, than I have no clue.

Sorry?

would it be "inappropriate" to ask you about a beer I had last night?
(no pun intended)

Hammerheart Herbstklagen Rauchbier
Smoked/Rauchbier · 8.0% ABV
Test batch - named after a one-man black metal band album.

Never had a smoked beer before. It was a little weird but good, especially with spicier food.

Guess this is the wrong thread, eh?

Oh, so you are familiar with all of the moderator discussions and how that thread was moderated over the course of its existence?

You're confusing not regularly visiting the thread with not moderating the thread. It was never off our radar. Any report that was received was handled. At a certain point, it was decided that the thread needed to be retired.

Moderators aren't the police. We don't patrol the board looking for wrongdoing.

If it was on your radar all the time, why didn't it get closed earlier? I am not asking you to read every thread but I thought mods would read threads that "generate constant reports". There was a ****ing diarrhea on the wall in one of the earlier posts yet we were talking about if it was okay to put a picture of a kid's underwear with a skid mark on it.

umm, wha'd I do? The only thing I can think of was that perhaps my "toodle loo" comment seemed too flippant or something. If it wasn't that, than I have no clue.

Sorry?

would it be "inappropriate" to ask you about a beer I had last night?
(no pun intended)

Hammerheart Herbstklagen Rauchbier
Smoked/Rauchbier · 8.0% ABV
Test batch - named after a one-man black metal band album.

Never had a smoked beer before. It was a little weird but good, especially with spicier food.

Guess this is the wrong thread, eh?

Too soon.