What's new

Name the 5 people you want at the "Pitch" on Monday.

8430611319_2128d4211f_z.jpg

OK, *******. You claimed the jazz were unhappy with Hill. I've been around this board long enough to know who is full of **** with their claims, and who knows something.

You know something. It's not hard to guess, but DL is unhappy with HILL.

So, DL is either mad that Hill gave an indication he would sign an extension, and then backed out.

OR, DL is mad that Hill could have played in the playoffs, and chose not to, to protect his value as a FA.

Spill the beans. Somebody noticed when you claimed to know something, and now it's time to fess up with what you know.

Thanks.:D

The playoff one. He was given the given the green light to play against the warriors and decided not to for personal reasons. Hill all but burned down the bridge back. Hayward was the only one who could of rebuilt the bridge and I don't think he even wanted to.

surprised only one person has said ricky so far. get to know the new point guard. besides him, i'd consider joe, lindsey, quinn, and gail.

I think the Jazz have already shown why they're the best case for winning in terms of basketball reasons. Here's what I'd do if I were the Jazz:

-You start the pitch out with Rudy, Ingles, Favors, Quin, and Lindsey. They talk about their friendship, how hard they've fought to get where they are, how Hayward is their leader - how they don't want to lose him as a player or a friend.
-You then bring in Stockton and Deron Williams. Stockton talks about the advantages of staying with the franchise; Deron talks about the risks of leaving.
-You then bring in Reggie Miller to talk about legacy, and about the responsibility of a star building something and how that's lost in the current NBA.
-Lindsey and Snyder then give their pitch. They talk about Rubio, they talk about Exum and Mitchell and Hood's development, they talk about the cap space, the willingness to go into luxury tax, and all of the various ways the Jazz could upgrade the roster further in years 2, 3, 4 of the contract.
-You then bring in all of Robyn's friends who tell her how much they want her around.
-You then bring in the top three or five players of Hayward's favorite League of Legends or Overwatch or whatever he's playing right now team, who talk about the importance of the team leader holding the team together. That's when Lindsey reveals that the Miller family is going to invest in their own eSports team, and they want Gordon to GM it as an extracurricular.
-You then bring in the ENTIRE TEAM and go around in a circle: "You're our leader. We need you to stay."

No way he leaves then.

Whoever it takes to get it done. If it were me, I'd bring Rudy Gobert, Jingles, Joe Johnson and then quietly invite John Stockton and Karl Malone to the meeting. Those guys are Jazz legends and Im sure their legacy carries weight.

Sounds like DL Snyder and Starks at Haywards San Diego home, not SLC.

Doesn't sound like much of a pitch. Optimist says it's a formality and they are just going over final details before he signs.

Sounds like DL Snyder and Starks at Haywards San Diego home, not SLC.

Doesn't sound like much of a pitch. Optimist says it's a formality and they are just going over final details before he signs.

I agree, I think this is a good sign. If Hayward was really torn the Jazz would want to have other players attend and show him the renovations to the arena.

This sounds less like a "pitch".

Nevermind. I guess the Millers and other players will attend too....

That's not a good sign...

Gordon just wanted to know that despite being in a small market and playing within an offense instead of dominating the ball and taking 25 shots a game, that teams around the league knew how good he was.

He's proven his point. Now he'll see all his friends and teammates and the FO that has built the team around him. Just had his first taste of playoff success and the team is primed for a special next several years.

And Hayward hits us all with the
image removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen Starks, Lindsey and Snyder mentioned as being at Haywards San Diego home tomorrow for the pitch to re-sign. But that's it.

The good news here is that Hayward can tell the Jazz all about the Heat and Celtics' pitches and the Jazz can respond accordingly. The Celtics are purportedly willing to make a trade for an 'All Star' caliber player if Hayward signs with them. I've heard the Jazz have another deal they can make as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Millsap is in play, but that's just my opinion. The fact that he hasn't committed anywhere yet seems a bit odd. Denver is pitching for him though.

So this meeting is happening in San Diego.
Jody Genessy‏ @DJJazzyJody 54m54 minutes ago
More
Gordon Hayward will meet with Quin Snyder, Dennis Lindsey and Steve Starks in San Diego on Monday, not Utah, according to sources.

Another good sign? We re-signed Ingles in California and that went well.

So this meeting is happening in San Diego.

Another good sign? We re-signed Ingles in California and that went well.

I dont think it means much of anything other than Hayward didnt want to have to stop in SLC for a day just to fly to San Diego the next day.