What's new

NBA play in tournament thread

Bro the Spurs starters lost to the Suns reserves.
Yes they rested Booker, Crowder and Paul but the Suns are a great team with a ton of talent under Williams. Patty Mills didn’t play either. Still wouldn’t be surprised to see them shock Memphis. They got some bricklayers on that team and Morant couldn’t run a fast break to save his life. And they miss Allen’s 3 pt shooting.

Yes they rested Booker, Crowder and Paul but the Suns are a great team with a ton of talent under Williams. Patty Mills didn’t play either. Still wouldn’t be surprised to see them shock Memphis. They got some bricklayers on that team and Morant couldn’t run a fast break to save his life. And they miss Allen’s 3 pt shooting.
They also played Bridges for like 5 minutes. And they limited minutes for their rotation players.

The Spurs suck dude.

They also played Bridges for like 5 minutes. And they limited minutes for their rotation players.

The Spurs suck dude.
I don't know who sucks worse, you got Rudy Gay, Patty Mills and Demar Derozan on one hand vs. Ja Morant, Valanciunous and the baby corps on the other. All I know is that the Grizzlies did not impress on Sunday. And you're correct in that I did not see the other game but shocked that the Spurs almost pulled it out after completely tanking the day before.

I don't know who sucks worse, you got Rudy Gay, Patty Mills and Demar Derozan on one hand vs. Ja Morant, Valanciunous and the baby corps on the other. All I know is that the Grizzlies did not impress on Sunday. And you're correct in that I did not see the other game but shocked that the Spurs almost pulled it out after completely tanking the day before.
The Grizzlies played a tight game with Golden State on the road despite Curry going off for 46.

I am failing to understand why you find that less impressive than the Spurs getting beat by the Suns garbage unit.

I feel like we have the Steph kryptonite in O'Neale. And aside from Curry, we have more better 3 pt shooters than they do. They are not deep, they are not fully healthy without Thompson and they shouldn't pose a threat to a juggernaut like the Jazz. The Lakers however, have two players for which no known kryptonite exists and are deep as well.
I like Royce but there is no way he can guard Steph especially the way he has been playing. I do not think anyone can stop Steph. Dude is a special shooter.

At this point you just play who you match up with. There are arguments for or against playing the Lakers in the first round. My belief is if the Jazz are firing on all cylinders they can play and beat anyone including the Lakers. Jazz cannot have only two or three guys play well. They need Bogie the last two weeks they need Clarkson at the beginning of the season and Joe being Joe and DM and Michael playing like All-stars. Rudy needs to lock down the paint and score some. Yea I know this is a lot of things but you cannot just have two guys doing everything. Like the Lakers with their two stars but if the rest of the team sucks wind then they will be going home early.

I think the Jazz will beat the Warriors in 5 games. Putting Mitchell and Conley back on the floor gives the Jazz too much offense and depth for the Warriors. The Jazz have creators who can attack from all angles. Warriors will have to rely on hitting from long range with Rudy cutting off the rim.

Plus, the Warriors are a much better home team than road team. They really punch above their weight class when they're at home.

The Grizzlies played a tight game with Golden State on the road despite Curry going off for 46.

I am failing to understand why you find that less impressive than the Spurs getting beat by the Suns garbage unit.
Grizz came back strong and were up late until Horseface flopped and got Dillon Brooks his 6th foul. Grizz could easily have won that game without the refs riding to the rescue.

I like the optimism but think we need to give Kerr and the Warriors more credit for the improvement they've shown since early in the year. They really play defense, and when you combine that with the hottest player on the planet, you're going to have a chance.
This. If we end up with these guys in the first round that is a trap series to top all trap series. Could easily lose that one if we are not on our A-game.

I guess I will be the one to say it (yes I am still bitter about the Denver series). The fact is this team especially Donovan, Quinn, and Rudy need to prove they aren’t chokers. I hate to say it but I have Zero confidence they will do anything substantial in the playoffs. I hope I am wrong, but this is shaping up as a bad match up for us. I don’t want to see either of the Lakers or Warriors.

Grizz came back strong and were up late until Horseface flopped and got Dillon Brooks his 6th foul. Grizz could easily have won that game without the refs riding to the rescue.
That is true. Brooks was getting them buckets and shutting down Curry. I thought they would ride the momentum after Brooks fouled out but they were pretty stupid defensively, especially Morant and JJJ.

There is this one simple play with Looney in the post and Draymond up top trying to free Curry that wrecked Grizzlies because they never knew what to do.

Gonna go ahead and pencil IND to win this one. Up 30 right now.

Hornets tanked hard to end the season.

I think Washington beats the Celtics for the 7 seed and pacers beat the Celtics for 8th.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app