What's new

NBA play in tournament thread

Not that playing Memphis or San Antonio will likely be a problem for the loser of LA/GSW, I would prefer to see the 7/8 game played first. As it stands. The 7/8 team will know who their opponent will be if they lose and may influence the outcome.

If the Lakers for example, think they match up better with the Jazz, but wouldn't want to play Memphis but matchup well with San Antonio, it could influence how they treat this game tonight depending on who wins the earlier game.

Not that playing Memphis or San Antonio will likely be a problem for the loser of LA/GSW, I would prefer to see the 7/8 game played first. As it stands. The 7/8 team will know who their opponent will be if they lose and may influence the outcome.

If the Lakers for example, think they match up better with the Jazz, but wouldn't want to play Memphis but matchup well with San Antonio, it could influence how they treat this game tonight depending on who wins the earlier game.
No team is going to put themselves into an elimination game if they do not have to, way to much bad could happen for very little benefit.

I'm rooting for the Lakers to win tonight and memphis to win tonight.
Then Memphis over the warriors

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Though it disgusts me, I want the Lakers to win tonight as well as the Spurs beating the Griz. In a couple days, Spurs shock the Warriors.

Unlikely as I still think LAL and GSW are heavy favorites, but would be swell.

Though it disgusts me, I want the Lakers to win tonight as well as the Spurs beating the Griz. In a couple days, Spurs shock the Warriors.

Unlikely as I still think LAL and GSW are heavy favorites, but would be swell.

So if I understand the play in correctly, we want LA to win tonight to flip to the other bracket or just lose out tonight and Friday. Correct?

So if I understand the play in correctly, we want LA to win tonight to flip to the other bracket or just lose out tonight and Friday. Correct?
Yes.
Losing out would be ideal but very unlikely so just have Lakers win tonight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

There’s a lot of viewership money on the line with the Lakers making the playoffs and there’s no way the league wants to put them in an elimination game. They’d cook that second game significantly if it happens, and if it were needed.

There’s a lot of viewership money on the line with the Lakers making the playoffs and there’s no way the league wants to put them in an elimination game. They’d cook that second game significantly if it happens, and if it were needed.
This is not shocking at all... I’m surprised they didn’t bring back Bavetta and ask lebrons mom to ref.

I’m hoping Memphis wins since they’re more able to beat GSW/LAL than the Spurs

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz