What's new

NBA play in tournament thread

Hard to agree with you when JV had his fair share of monster games vs Rudy and Jazz.... In 19 games vs Jazz he played he outplayed Rudy in 8 games, 5 games they were basically even and in 6 games Rudy outplayed JV. So no, Rudy does not own JV. ...Those games JV had vs Jazz with 28pts, 14reb, 4 blks, 27pts, 7reb, 2blk, 22pts, 17reb,3 blk, 21pts, 14reb, 3blk, 14pts, 18reb, 2blk are perfects example of him more than capable of scoring vs Rudy.
Now the fact that Jazz owns Memphis is nobody arguing.

You're not wrong, but the tide has turned with that match-up. When JV was in Toronto he gave Rudy problems. But recently Rudy has owned him.

This year in particular Rudy clearly was taking JV out of his game to point where I don't think it's a concern.

Also, Memphis can't afford to sit JV for long stretches and go small like GSW can.

I'm so happy this isn't how the Jazz FO does things.
He he. I like this team but don't want first round exit. NBA is a business , jazz haven't accomplished anything. Buddy buddy is cute but the goal is championship or deep playoff run. We have to be brutal or else every year it's going to be like this, First round exit.

He he. I like this team but don't want first round exit. NBA is a business , jazz haven't accomplished anything. Buddy buddy is cute but the goal is championship or deep playoff run. We have to be brutal or else every year it's going to be like this, First round exit.
We haven't even played a single playoff game yet. What do you mean "every year it's gonna be like this, first round exit?" That doesn't even make sense.

And "blowing up" the team is not being brutal, it's being weak and stupid. It's what teams like the Kings and the Knicks do over and over and over.

Steph Curry is too good to allow a jazz quick series win. Caruso may look like Elmer Fudd but he made a lot of big plays including knocking the ball off Curry's leg down the stretch. Jazz need to have plays like that defensively if they face GSW.
Good thing Mike is healthy and rested. He has been a very good defender this year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You're not wrong, but the tide has turned with that match-up. When JV was in Toronto he gave Rudy problems. But recently Rudy has owned him.

This year in particular Rudy clearly was taking JV out of his game to point where I don't think it's a concern.

Also, Memphis can't afford to sit JV for long stretches and go small like GSW can.
Yes, this years two matchups were clearly in Rudy's favor and one was basically even. But from those 4 lines I posted JV had two of them while playing for Memphis, so it was not only while playing for Toronto.
Anyway, I have very little faith in Memphis beating GSW.... they are just too young and hot headed... Brooks, Morant, Jackson are prone to make bone headed mistakes and depend on hero ball too much. They lost tons of close games this season by choking at the free line or unable to defend 3pt line while holding the lead on last possession.
I was surprised they did not play Clarke yesterday at all. He was perfect small ball center for them, maybe he is injured?

Last edited:
Lebron is such a drama queen. Dude acted like he got shot on the disputed call last night and is shooting free throws three minutes later.

Strategically, totally get it as selling a flagrant gives them more opportunities in a close game. But man, he's a crisis actor for the modern day NBA of being soft AF.
Reminds me of when LeBron played the warriors in the finals. I can’t remember which game it was but it was in the final minutes of a close game and LeBron got hit and he made it seem like he broke his wrist and was done for the season. 3min later he was hamming balls down the hoop again and was good as new. His recovery time is apparently next level.

Reactions: MVP
We haven't even played a single playoff game yet. What do you mean "every year it's gonna be like this, first round exit?" That doesn't even make sense.

And "blowing up" the team is not being brutal, it's being weak and stupid. It's what teams like the Kings and the Knicks do over and over and over.
Weak and stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Our mostly played lineup up to 9- 10 is the same as last year. We lost to Denver first round after leading 3-1. Game 1 was OT, gm2 we won by 19, gm3 by 34. We won 3 straight games we had them until we broke down. I dont know if its players or coaching but You think it's not possible this year? We have the same coach too.

OK maybe blowing up is too harsh, Major change yes! ( if we lose first round again) Look at Lakers they upgraded after winning it all last year. Because other teams are catching up. They knew that change is needed to win.

Weak and stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Our mostly played lineup up to 9- 10 is the same as last year. We lost to Denver first round after leading 3-1. Game 1 was OT, gm2 we won by 19, gm3 by 34. We won 3 straight games we had them until we broke down. I dont know if its players or coaching but You think it's not possible this year? We have the same coach too.

OK maybe blowing up is too harsh, Major change yes! ( if we lose first round again) Look at Lakers they upgraded after winning it all last year. Because other teams are catching up. They knew that change is needed to win.
I love this current team and I think Quin is a significantly above average coach.

I'll wait until they play some playoff games this year before I judge their playoff performance for this year. That may seem like an odd way to do things to you, but it works for me.

I'm thinking we come out a bit rusty based on the time off, and it takes a few quarters for us to get the engine revved up to playoff mode, which could be just enough to et another team steal game 1. That's my fear. And I use it to protect myself from high expectations that get dashed and crush my soul. Haha.

GSW doesn’t have a chance against us but don’t count out the Clippers they are very good defensively and they have kawhi
I think them dodging the Lakers shows a sign of weakness. I know that they're a good team, I just think that were better.

I'm thinking we come out a bit rusty based on the time off, and it takes a few quarters for us to get the engine revved up to playoff mode, which could be just enough to et another team steal game 1. That's my fear. And I use it to protect myself from high expectations that get dashed and crush my soul. Haha.
I agree about us being a bit rusty but the fact that the team we face will be coming from two emotional games after travel and little time to rest should make it easier.

I think we win by 20+ in game 1

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Z4Zf8jm.jpg
Honestly watching that play it looked like he tweaked his ankle. Definitely came down awkward on it. No doubt accentuated by his penchant for crying for the refs.

We have been a second-half team all year. It's not going to change much in the playoffs imo.

I think them dodging the Lakers shows a sign of weakness. I know that they're a good team, I just think that were better.
I think we are too actually but not by much...that sliver of margin is small though because of kawhi. They also defend us as well as anyone in the league. I think bogie is the X factor in that series.