What's new

NBA Playoffs

I don’t care about upper limit on height… the main argument was rim protecting centers… Bam and Williams are both traditional rim protecting centers… Bam can dribble and pass so he’s more dynamic.

Yep. I want more dynamic on my team.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It's less about defensive talent and more about not having defensive weak links imo.

You dont need otherworldly defenders across the board. That's the issue with Donovan. We are starting to groom him into the James Harden role where he gets what he wants and gets to dog it on defense. That's not a winning strategy. And personally I find it repulsive to watch.

It’s both…I think you can get pretty far just by having good structure and reasonable talent. DAL didn’t have great defensive talent and dig a great job even if they lose tonight. The Jazz have a terrible setup any way you slice it.

Gobert - All time great
Bogey - Tries when on the ball, is ok. Awful when off the ball.
O’Neale - Good at transition D, sometimes hustles. Awful on the ball
Mitchell - Has the ability, zero desire to play defense
Conley - Tries to play defense, is a 35 year old tiny PG

There’s a lot a talk about how certain schemes tear us apart….and while that’s true we just have 3-4 guys at a time who completely suck on defense whereas other teams have 3-4 guys that could make an all defense team and also no guys who completely suck.

It’s both…I think you can get pretty far just by having good structure and reasonable talent. DAL didn’t have great defensive talent and dig a great job even if they lose tonight. The Jazz have a terrible setup any way you slice it.

Gobert - All time great
Bogey - Tries when on the ball, is ok. Awful when off the ball.
O’Neale - Good at transition D, sometimes hustles. Awful on the ball
Mitchell - Has the ability, zero desire to play defense
Conley - Tries to play defense, is a 35 year old tiny PG

There’s a lot a talk about how certain schemes tear us apart….and while that’s true we just have 3-4 guys at a time who completely suck on defense whereas other teams have 3-4 guys that could make an all defense team and also no guys who completely suck.
CMon, Royce is not awful on ball good lord. The Royce hate has gotten way too far.

Is Royce clearly outmatched vs top options, especially guards, yes. But he isnt "awful on the ball". At worst he's an average defender.

CMon, Royce is not awful on ball good lord. The Royce hate has gotten way too far.

Is Royce clearly outmatched vs top options, especially guards, yes. But he isnt "awful on the ball". At worst he's an average defender.

Maybe at his peak….but not whenever a screen is set or he’s guarding decent ball handlers. And by decent I mean Brunson, Reggie Jackson types. Those guys turn into prime DWade when Royce is guarding them.

There was a time when Royce was good and staying in front of Harden. But too many years in Quin’s system of “funnel Gobert” created bad habits.

Yeah I guess. I usually give my actual height when asked and people typically comment that I "seem" taller than that.

This is probably related to the whole "girl inches" thing.
Like I guess you are 6' tall.

Imagine if you saw someone who was 6'6. What if they told you they were 6'8? You'd probably have no idea and wouldnt really question it. That's how most women are to 5'11-6'1 men.

Like I guess you are 6' tall.

Imagine if you saw someone who was 6'6. What if they told you they were 6'8? You'd probably have no idea and wouldnt really question it. That's how most women are to 5'11-6'1 men.
None of this explains why most men lie about their height. I guess I asked the question "who do they think they're fooling?" but I think what I meant was "What is the point of lying?"

None of this explains why most men lie about their height. I guess I asked the question "who do they think they're fooling?" but I think what I meant was "What is the point of lying?"

Cuz height is greatly associated with respect/power/status for w/e reason.
Because I play basketball I can always spot a liar and am usually pretty accurate when guessing height.

Maybe at his peak….but not whenever a screen is set or he’s guarding decent ball handlers. And by decent I mean Brunson, Reggie Jackson types. Those guys turn into prime DWade when Royce is guarding them.

There was a time when Royce was good and staying in front of Harden. But too many years in Quin’s system of “funnel Gobert” created bad habits.
This

These playoffs have been so disappointing. So many blowouts and so few close competitive games that go right down to the wire.

Because I play basketball I can always spot a liar and am usually pretty accurate when guessing height.
But just like with "girl inches" down there apparently women who post in their dating bio "Only 6ft or above" can be fooled into dating a dude who is actually 5'9" but claims he's 6'1".

But just like with "girl inches" down there apparently women who post in their dating bio "Only 6ft or above" can be fooled into dating a dude who is actually 5'9" but claims he's 6'1".
Or claiming to be 8" when he's only 4".

Or claiming to be 8" when he's only 4".
Well that's the funny thing about "girl inches" if you're below average they subtract more than 1" for every inch you're below average so a 4"er is being reported as a 3"er, but if you're above average, let's say 6.5" they are telling their girlfriends you're packing 8".

Well that's the funny thing about "girl inches" if you're below average they subtract more than 1" for every inch you're below average so a 4"er is being reported as a 3"er, but if you're above average, let's say 6.5" they are telling their girlfriends you're packing 8".
So, I'm a 2? :(