What's new

NBA Top Shot

I want to buy the all star pack today so bad! Can't though cause I have to pay out of pocket for an eye surgery for my son.

Separate note, did you see you can look at the valuation of your account through evalute.moments? Pretty cool!
It's no risk buying a pack you'll get your money back from the main card at least doubled right away. Chances of getting a pack are real slim though.

That website says my roi is 1,486%. I probably should have bought way more cards earlier haha. Maybe still should.

I bought three Jazz moments last night for today’s drop and I’m already at 13% ROI.

I bought three Jazz moments last night for today’s drop and I’m already at 13% ROI.
All those will drop in value after the drop there will be a selloff. I am storing this in my memory though... will buy a bunch of cheap junk stuff when prices drop again and just hold for when they have another drop.

They have gone from 1 moment requirement to 3... I think they will push higher... so keeping a few junk cards seems smart.

It's no risk buying a pack you'll get your money back from the main card at least doubled right away. Chances of getting a pack are real slim though.

That website says my roi is 1,486%. I probably should have bought way more cards earlier haha. Maybe still should.
They make it so tedious to buy multiple moments though. Only one every 10 minutes.

All those will drop in value after the drop there will be a selloff. I am storing this in my memory though... will buy a bunch of cheap junk stuff when prices drop again and just hold for when they have another drop.

They have gone from 1 moment requirement to 3... I think they will push higher... so keeping a few junk cards seems smart.
Seems like they cant push too much higher or it will scare off new customers.

But you can't withdraw immediately, isn't that what I've read in this thread?

So if what I have in the bank is say $2000 and my kid needs a surgery next week that I have to pay $1800 for? I can't take $500 to put into TOP SHOT even if I'll eventually get $5000 back.

So if what I have in the bank is say $2000 and my kid needs a surgery next week that I have to pay $1800 for? I can't take $500 to put into TOP SHOT even if I'll eventually get $5000 back.
tell your kid to stop being soft as charmin

Seems like they cant push too much higher or it will scare off new customers.
yeah I would just hold onto them... the idea is that most commons will be able to sell for 25 or under... when cards drop down to 4-5 i think there is a buying opportunity to flip them when there is a drop.

instead of just buying the lowest price I suggest going up 3-4 and picking up a Fox or Tatum or just a Jazz moment like you did. Get ones that you like or that have a better chance of holding value.

The Patrick Beverly I sold for 19 will be worth 5-6 sometime in the next week but the Tatum I had my son get for 23 will likely hang tough around 15-18ish.

This... but he could get a pack and sell it to me and I’d Venmo money...

I kid... don’t **** around with money for necessities.

Alright, so I guess I'm going to start releasing limited edition MS Paint memes. I'll give them unique numbers and sell this stuff.

A picture of a physical card is not the same as holding the physical card in your hand. Plus having one signed makes it infinitely more valuable to collectors.

Having a digital video clip exactly the same, down to the pixel and byte of data, as the digital video clip I can download from youtube is hardly exclusive. And they can't sign a video clip. That is why this makes me think of a scam.

I am not saying people don't see value there, obviously they do, but I think there just isn't anything tangible or really exclusive except for the serial number, so it seems to be just a lot of people trying to capitalize on a new thing and make a buck. I can't see one of these guys going into Pawn Stars and offering a collection of moments on a thumb drive and getting anything for it years down the road.

But I am probably just out of touch with the collector market for such stuff. It is obviously working for some to make money, I don't have to "get it" for it to mean something to someone else.

But I really just don't get it.

A signed card doesn’t make it infinitely more valuable to a collector. It actually seems to lower the price.