What's new

NBC's The Voice, Local Utah girl Dia Frampton to be a contestant

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieMCR

The Voice is a new vocal competition show debuting on NBC Tuesday 4/26/11. Utah's own Dia Frampton, from the band Meg & Dia, is going to be a contestant. She is shown at the 0:38 mark of the following promo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHdeRN5viZo

I'll be watching and cheering Dia on. I've been a fan for nearly 6 years now. Can't wait to see her on this show.

Here are a couple of videos of Dia. The first is an older song from Meg & Dia. The second is a cover of "Jar of Hearts" Dia recently uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS48BOvkA3I&feature=channel_video_title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tJZVdW-uA&feature=channel_video_title

Jar of Hearts = Awesome so she has my support, except I'm not planning on watching this show at all, but I'd definitely be glad if she won. Does it have one winner like American Idol, or do you know how it works?

Would rather have Peter Frampton.

Mitch Hedberg once did a moive scene with Peter Frampton and smoked fake pot. Afterward, Mitch felt uncomfortable and did know what to talk about and asked Peter, "Yo, do you like toast? As do I. It is a perfect place for jelly to lie."

I saw Meg and Dia in concert in San Francisco a few years ago and they were really poor. People actually started booing them and calling for Angels and Airwaves.

I saw Meg and Dia in concert in San Francisco a few years ago and they were really poor. People actually started booing them and calling for Angels and Airwaves.

I've seen them live 20+ times. I also saw them on the Angels and Airwaves tour here in Salt Lake. The crowd here didn't boo Meg & Dia at all. Quite the opposite. Before you mention the home town crowd advantage, I'll debunk that. Meg & Dia haven't really had a strong following like you might expect for this being their home town. They have told me that they have had stronger followings in Las Vegas and So Cal. Anyway I have watched this band grow over the past 6 years. They sound very good live. Maybe they were having an off night when you saw them, or maybe the crowd just wasn't very friendly.

WTF happened to Aguilera? Homegirl looks like a ****ing drag queen now. No offense katie.

Im really liking the actual show, the blind auditions is a cool idea. Well see if I keep watching after next week when the blind auditions are over.

Im really liking the actual show, the blind auditions is a cool idea. Well see if I keep watching after next week when the blind auditions are over.

I don't think it makes a difference... the concept is interesting... and maybe the results would be different if Joe Schmo was a judge. But those guys are professionals, they understand that talent matters and looks are only skin deep. I mean look at Cee Lo, dude is bigger around then vertically... he's still an international success.

I predict zero deviation from actual results, if judges are facing the contestants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tJZVdW-uA&feature=channel_video_title

That is some really piss poor guitar playing, and mediocre singing. You could find 10 girls in any high school choir who can sing that well.

That is some really piss poor guitar playing, and mediocre singing. You could find 10 girls in any high school choir who can sing that well.

For busting it out in one shot on a webcam, I didn't think the performance was so bad. I think I was more distracted by the lyrics. If this is a song she wrote, she should think about a rewrite. Those are not very good.

"You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul."

Ugh.

For busting it out in one shot on a webcam, I didn't think the performance was so bad. I think I was more distracted by the lyrics. If this is a song she wrote, she should think about a rewrite. Those are not very good.

Ugh.

Haha no that was a cover of a song by some other chick and made it to the top 20 on iTunes so some people happened to like it (me included).

Ugh.

Haha no that was a cover of a song by some other chick and made it to the top 20 on iTunes so some people happened to like it (me included).

What Agoxlea said. The song is originally done by Christina Perri.

Oh and Blake likes Dia. I know from reading a blog report that at least Blake pushes his button for Dia, and she ends up on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.