What's new

NBC's The Voice, Local Utah girl Dia Frampton to be a contestant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, that's actually a really good point - and something I obviously hadn't considered when I made my statement. And it isn't fair of me to lay it at your feet - I think a lot of body image pressure comes from other women, and men's general expectations have followed.

We agree on all fronts. My girlfriend takes a lot more time and gets a lot more stressed dressing for girlfriends/events than she does for me and I don't think that's an unusual thing.

reiki-handshake.gif

I read an article that "the Voice" beat out "Glee" and "Dancing with the Stars". Basically the article was saying that it was one of the biggest upsets in TV ratings in a very long time.

NoodleDick said:
Should we make a poll, guy?

P.S. This is also coming from a guy who would have mad, passionate bohemiam love-man-sex with Ramstein.
Go ahead, make a poll, I care not. Also, Rammstein has TWO M's, pooh finger.

We agree on all fronts. My girlfriend takes a lot more time and gets a lot more stressed dressing for girlfriends/events than she does for me and I don't think that's an unusual thing.

reiki-handshake.gif

Which one of you is black?

She's okay. From what I heard the first week, she doesn't have a chance to win it.

She's okay. From what I heard the first week, she doesn't have a chance to win it.

I agree. She did a nice job, but from what I've seen she's going to be out of her league.

On the other hand, you never know what people's taste is going to be like. I couldn't believe Casey got eliminated on Idol with Scotty still in it. (I can't stand Scotty's vocal style, I have to fast forward and/or mute his songs.)

I agree. She did a nice job, but from what I've seen she's going to be out of her league.

On the other hand, you never know what people's taste is going to be like. I couldn't believe Casey got eliminated on Idol with Scotty still in it. (I can't stand Scotty's vocal style, I have to fast forward and/or mute his songs.)

Agreed, the only 3 artists with any future in the business this side of Grand Ole Opry were Casey Paul and Pia... way to go america.

Agreed, the only 3 artists with any future in the business this side of Grand Ole Opry were Casey Paul and Pia... way to go america.

Paul, not so much for me. But I also actually think Haley (sp?) could be incredibly successful. If she gets a good song-writer, she could definitely put out an album along the lines of Colbie Caillat or Natasha Beddingfield.

Paul, not so much for me. But I also actually think Haley (sp?) could be incredibly successful. If she gets a good song-writer, she could definitely put out an album along the lines of Colbie Caillat or Natasha Beddingfield.

Paul had the only real distinguishable voice of any of them... that rod stewart thing. I don't think he brought it as hard as he could have, but he's got all the tools. He's essentially Casey - Troll

Dia has that cute, innocent girl routine down pat. Oh the things I would do....

With that said, just an average singer. Seen better.

She did have a very unique vocal quality, which is clearly something that the judges were looking for. I liked her song much more than I expected.

I'm happy to report that Dia won her battle round tonight, and is now moving on to the live shows. It's going to be interesting to see what America thinks of her, now that they get to vote.

She has a nice voice. But Adam Levine's team is stacked... and I figure that only the winner is going to get the publicity to push anyone into the spotlight.

She has a nice voice. But Adam Levine's team is stacked... and I figure that only the winner is going to get the publicity to push anyone into the spotlight.

This. Like I said earlier, she's good, but doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning.

didn't know he was from utah..she has the jessica alba look, but her voice is not as good as others i heard. but im' glad she won her battle against the plastic surgery chick.

best singers IMO - nakia, javier colon, casey weston, frenchie davis

Well the fact that she is on the live shows means she is now in the top 16. I think she can at least make it to the top 12, thought I'm not entirely sure how they eliminate people once it's on to the live shows. Whatever happens, she's already had some good publicity from being on this show.

Oh and Serabee was terrible. She totally ruined that duet. She was out of control. It got even worse towards the end as she started singing over Dia.

Oh and Serabee was terrible. She totally ruined that duet. She was out of control. It got even worse towards the end as she started singing over Dia. Plus that may be the dumbest name ever.

Fixed that for ya.

Technically speaking, she is a better singer than Dia, but it was the inability to rein it in that cost her the decision. Also, Dia was able to keep her composure and not try to out sing Serabee. I was satisfied with that result.

Status
Not open for further replies.