What's new

NBC's The Voice, Local Utah girl Dia Frampton to be a contestant

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Agoxlea said. The song is originally done by Christina Perri.

I qualified my statement, but okay... I get it. So, Christina Perri needs to think about rewriting those lyrics. They're still horrible.

Oh and Blake likes Dia. I know from reading a blog report that at least Blake pushes his button for Dia, and she ends up on his team.

Thanks for the spoiler. My day is ruined.

I saw Meg and Dia in concert in San Francisco a few years ago and they were really poor. People actually started booing them calling for Angels and Airwaves.

I don't think you know that there's a joke in here. (Hint: the joke is that Angels and Airwaves ****ing blow)

From the close to absolutely nothing I know about this... uh... group, it seems like they went from ripping off Tegan and Sara to ripping off Paramore.

P.S. the industry is crumbling for a reason.

I loathe music shows, but I was forced to watch it last night. It was actually pretty damn good. Man, would I love to bone Christina.

I loathe music shows, but I was forced to watch it last night. It was actually pretty damn good. Man, would I love to bone Christina.

I don't know if she's lost weight, but she's getting to the stage where "porking" holds double meaning.

I don't think you know that there's a joke in here. (Hint: the joke is that Angels and Airwaves ****ing blow)

In your opinion, guy. They actually played a pretty solid and inspirational show. I'm not their biggest fan, but it was well worth going. Do you think your band is better?

In your opinion, guy. They actually played a pretty solid and inspirational show. I'm not their biggest fan, but it was well worth going. Do you think your band is better?

I've never heard Angles and Airwaves, but I can promise you, his band is better.

I liked the first episode of The Voice a lot, and am excited to see Dia on the show. It will be interesting to see how good her voice really is--from the clips posted above she doesn't seem to have anywhere near the vocal talent of the singers on the first episode... but perhaps her voice is bigger than the clips illustrate.

Better? You have to expand the parameters on that, and what people like is a matter of pure subjectivity. But I'll bite, I like what we do a whole hell of a lot more than I like Angels and Airwaves, but I don't think that's saying much. Most people are going to like Angels and Airwaves more (because they already do, for starters). All I know is Tom Delong (however you spell his name) is a hack of epic proportions, and they're riding his 12-year old/40-year old rockstar ******** all the way into eventual obscurity. It's also a snore-fest.

Signed,
-A huge fan of two Blink 182 albums

Nice. This is the reason so many women have body image issues.

On a side note, there is a pic at People Magazine online of her and her son at Disneyworld. Her son is wearing a t-shirt I designed and drew.

https://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20481011_9,00.html
That's fair, but at the same time, that's what you sign up for when you start selling yourself as a sex symbol. Poor her? She's one of a handful of people in the last 10 years to probably earn 7-figures playing music, and she's done it as much with T & A as with anything else in that time. She's gone from a hardworking prodigy to whatever it is that I saw at the Super Bowl (a true professional that is on top of their **** would never fail that hard) and a hack artist (going from hurling insults at Lady Gaga to biting her style harder than anyone).

But you're right, that's a mean thing of me to say. Oh well, it's fun, and refer back to my earlier point.

That's fair, but at the same time, that's what you sign up for when you start selling yourself as a sex symbol. Poor her? She's one of a handful of people in the last 10 years to probably earn 7-figures playing music, and she's done it as much with T & A as with anything else in that time.

Y'know, that's actually a really good point - and something I obviously hadn't considered when I made my statement. And it isn't fair of me to lay it at your feet - I think a lot of body image pressure comes from other women, and men's general expectations have followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.