What's new

Netflix recs?

is there anyone else who just doesn't understand the appeal of any of the marvel franchise ??

I understand the appeal, it's **** they can try and hustle to a large demographic of people young and old...... I still think most all of it's lame tho tbh.

I watch tons of movies; I shudder at the thought of an attempt to binge watch that sort of stuff, you'd have to pay me a large sum of $$$...

Watched a horror movie called Hereditary.
Very very unsettling and creepy. I recommend it

You Aussies like your series from a few years back, Secrets and Lies?

IIRC, that's what it was called and it was six episodes. I liked it a lot. Loved the last half hour.

You Aussies like your series from a few years back, Secrets and Lies?

IIRC, that's what it was called and it was six episodes. I liked it a lot. Loved the last half hour.

Never seen it, its got the lovely Adrienne Pickering in it tho, she's a cast member of rake.

That is next on my must watch list. Filmed entirely in Utah

Funny, I had no idea it was filmed here but there was a funeral scene and I thought I recognized the mountains in the background.

If people aren't aware of all the different Netflix categories/secret codes, they need to get woke. There's much more than what appears under the basic genre lists. Though still a lot to be desired imo.

I will say this, browsing netflix sucks donkey balls. First, I HATE HATE HATE the autoplay of trailers or music or whatever **** they think you need to hear while looking for a new show to watch. Second, their prediction algorithms are fantastic, if all you really want to watch is shows EXACTLY like one show you once watched. Yes netflix, all I ever want to see now is true crime thrillers, please just allow me to ONLY access those shows for the rest of eternity! What, you mean there are sitcoms on here, or maybe documentaries, or movies? Nah, please just show me show after show that is a pure carbon copy of that one show I watched once and actually never finished, since obviously that is all I ever will want to see ever again.

I really wish I could reset my account and find a way to turn off their predictions and preview ****. That would make it a bit better. But as it is we only ever turn on netflix when we already have a show picked out that we want to watch. I rarely if ever anymore browse netflix since they withhold 80% of their content to instead show me all 5,000,000 shows that are exactly the same as the one I watched that one day. Good hell.

If people aren't aware of all the different Netflix categories/secret codes, they need to get woke. There's much more than what appears under the basic genre lists. Though still a lot to be desired imo.
Please woke me. How do I get out of the rut of the terrible prediction algorithm? Is there a way to actually browse movies that might be a tiny bit different than some other movie I watched once?

I have Netflix through Comcast, and I can no longer find any way to Search. It makes me crazy having to scroll through tons of things just to determine that what I'm looking for isn't there. There has to be a better way.

I have Netflix through Comcast, and I can no longer find any way to Search. It makes me crazy having to scroll through tons of things just to determine that what I'm looking for isn't there. There has to be a better way.
On the netflix app on my TV they changed the layout. If we scroll all the way to the left, then scroll one more time it opens a side menu, that has the search function. I agree though I do not like their app at all.

Funny, I had no idea it was filmed here but there was a funeral scene and I thought I recognized the mountains in the background.
I had the same thought watching it. Fantastic movie by the way, one of my favorites to come out this year.