What's new

Nets Hornets Trade

homeytennis

The Dwight Howard-Mozgov trade to me is head scratching. I'm assuming Mozgow gets waived. I don't understand the cap well enough to wrap my head around this.

Charlotte saved around 8M in the trade and got two second-round picks out of it as well. Brooklyn is under the cap that’s why it was able to happen.

The trade looks pretty bad for Charlotte, but overall, its not too bad. The salary cap is expect to spike from $101 to about $109 in 2019/20. If the cap spikes, then so will the luxury tax. In other words, Mozgov doesn't sting as much and they probably avoid the luxury two years in a row.

Also, Dwight helps them win and Mozgov doesn't. If Charlotte trades Kemba, they can dump a bad contract in the process and probably full on tank next season. They could plan on being relevant in 2020, 2021, 2022 when some of these super teams might start aging...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The trade looks pretty bad for Charlotte, but overall, its not too bad. The salary cap is expect to spike from $101 to about $109 in 2019/20. If the cap spikes, then so will the luxury tax. In other words, Mozgov doesn't sting as much and they probably avoid the luxury two years in a row.

Also, Dwight helps them win and Mozgov doesn't. If Charlotte trades Kemba, they can dump a bad contract in the process and probably full on tank next season. They could plan on being relevant in 2020, 2021, 2022 when some of these super teams might start aging...

If the Nets suck for a while, those 2nds could be nice as well. Charlotte didn't do too bad and I get why they did it, but Brooklyn creating two max slots next offseason shows much more foresight to me. Just my opinion though.

I don't think super teams age anymore. The best players will continue to sign two year deals, with the second year a player option. They will simply move to where they can be the next superteam.

Charlotte saved around 8M in the trade and got two second-round picks out of it as well. Brooklyn is under the cap that’s why it was able to happen.
They didn't really save anything. They got on a longer term contract of a worse player in order to avoid luxury tax this year but will pay 17M more next year. This is such a Charlotte trade...

Terrible deal for Charlotte. Bet they could’ve found something better than taking on Mozgov to get under the tax line.

Wonder if the Nets will consider swapping Burks for Carroll? Saves them an extra $4 million this year.

The Warriors will age. In my opinion, they are the only true super team since the 90s Bulls. If LeBron forms a super team this year, it can't last too long.

The great thing about this trade is that Brooklyn is one less team with cap space this summer. If Favors walks and Exum is extended early, we could be players with our cap space.

After many years of some of the worst moves an organization could make, The Nets have been quietly building a case as one of the more impressive organizations in the league. They keep digging out these little victories out of nothing.

After many years of some of the worst moves an organization could make, The Nets have been quietly building a case as one of the more impressive organizations in the league. They keep digging out these little victories out of nothing.

Necessity is the mother of invention. They have been very creative with what little they had to work with.

Necessity is the mother of invention. They have been very creative with what little they had to work with.
Sure. But I have been enjoying their progress from afar. They've been killing it on almost every move.