What's new

Nets Hornets Trade

Sure, but it goes beyond that. They're not just picking up late 1sts for bad contracts, they're resurrecting those guys, and getting top-5 picks less than 2 years after they were selected. They're doing better than they should.

To each their own. That is the part I disagree with. Just think any competent FO could pull off a semblance what they have, and maybe avoided some questionable deals like Crabbe.

To each their own. That is the part I disagree with. Just think any competent FO could pull off a semblance what they have, and maybe avoided some questionable deals like Crabbe.
You're simply wrong. They're working with nothing, I have no idea how you can expect more from them.

There's also the salary floor, so over-paying for NBA players in certain contexts are essentially inconsequential.

You're simply wrong. They're working with nothing, I have no idea how you can expect more from them.

There's also the salary floor, so over-paying for NBA players in certain contexts are essentially inconsequential.

Now I know you're definitely misunderstanding me. I'm not saying the moves they have made have been bad, or that I expect more? But I think any competent FO could have done them. It's easy to take on bad contracts and get back young talent or picks. It's hard to build a contender. If anything it is unremarkable and SHOULD be par for the course for their cleanup position.

Also that logic is very flawed. Maybe they could have taken on another bad deal to hit the salary floor and actually got something for it instead of a below-average player in Crabbe?

Now I know you're definitely misunderstanding me. I'm not saying the moves they have made have been bad, or that I expect more? But I think any competent FO could have done them. It's easy to take on bad contracts and get back young talent or picks. It's hard to build a contender. If anything it is unremarkable and SHOULD be par for the course for their cleanup position.

Also that logic is very flawed. Maybe they could have taken on another bad deal to hit the salary floor and actually got something for it instead of a below-average player in Crabbe?
I understand what you're saying, I am saying you're wrong. They are doing exceptionally good work, not mediocre.

That being said, I hadn't looked at that Crabbe contract until now, and Jesus Christ that thing is silly.

Dwight Howard is a problem for every organization that gets him. Good players that average a double double don't see themselves in 4 different team jerseys in only 4 years. The arguments from the Hornets front office and locker room is the exact same as that of Atlanta, Houston and the Lakers. They can't stand him. He's immature and his balls should've dropped by now.

Or Dallas maybe.
Didn't Parsons have a good relationship with Dwight and claim that their relationship was part of what recruited him to Houston? They could both reunite in Dallas.

Didn't Parsons have a good relationship with Dwight and claim that their relationship was part of what recruited him to Houston? They could both reunite in Dallas.

Dallas thinks they can land Boogie. If so, doubt they'd need/want/have anything to do with Dwight.

The big question - who actually wants Dwight if he's bought out?

China!!! He is signed with Peak shoes so it makes sense.

If he stayed in Orlando he would be a hall of famer without question. Now he is likely out of league. Players who demand a trade be warned. It doesn’t get better with the new team. Ahem... Kawhi