What's new

* NEW * 2019 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

And here's my summary...

View attachment 7888
Timmy and Dr. J have a mid-game discussion about how Mark Price reminds everyone of Stuart Smalley.

Roster/Rotation
PG: Jerry West (36), Mark Price (12)
SG: Sidney Moncrief (36), Allan Houston (12)
SF: Dr. J (38), Detlef Schrempf (10)
PF: Tim Duncan (30), Antawn Jamison (12), Mehmet Okur (6)
C: Artis Gilmore (36), Tim Duncan (6), Mehmet Okur (6)

Playing Style:
There is going to be a lot of PNR's being run by West and Dr. J with my bigs of Timmy and Gilmore. Duncan will play some Center minutes too, allowing me to bring in some stretch power forwards. The coaching will be very Gregg Poppovich inspired, with a lot of double screens. My starters are all tough, physical defenders who can score and my bench would be brought in to spread the floor with their outside shooting. Detlef provides the post-game sauerbraten as well. Boom bitches.
Mmmmmm. Sauerbraten. Lecker.

Back from where? Do they not have internet where you were? Hmmm

I was at a lake in rural Tennessee. Oddly enough, wifi is not available. You can get lucky to find a pocket of service here and there, but nothing great enough to put something together.

I was at a lake in rural Tennessee. Oddly enough, wifi is not available. You can get lucky to find a pocket of service here and there, but nothing great enough to put something together.
Send him one. He can always edit his post and add it to it - that’s what I’d do.

I just sent him my rotations for that simulation thing. What exactly does the write up entail?
Information, stats or analysis on your team and why they work together. Maybe some info on your bench guys, but mostly the starters and your 6th man tend to suffice. GIFs, videos and photos help too. You’re trying to sell your team to voters.

Isiah Thomas-Mike Conley
Reggie Miller-C.J. McCollum
Kawhi Leonard-Joe Ingles
Chris Bosh-Khris Middleton
David Robinson-Al Horford

Write-Up: There are 16 teams in this and I have a top 8 guy of all-time at 4 of my 5 positions. I have both great defense and offense. I have no real weakness. I have great positional versatility for the majority of my guys. My bigs can stretch the floor. I can go big or small. I have two Finals mvps and three of the most clutch players ever in Thomas, Kawhi and Reggie.

Okay. I'll give it a try.

PG Walt Frazier
SG Donovan Mitchell
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Robert Horry
C Bill Russell
John Havlicek
Tiny Archibald
Bob Pettit
Willis Reed
Jerry Sloan

Rotation Notes: Havlicek will play more minutes than Mitchell and Pettit near the same as Horry. The rotation was designed to make logical sense in terms of defensive and offensive rotations. Sloan will not play much because the other 9 guys are known for playing multiple positions and heavy minutes.

My team is built on championship pedigree + defense + shooting. This team is made up of winners. Everybody on my roster, outside of Mitchell and Sloan, was a key part of championship teams. These guys would do whatever it takes to win. They all play defense. They all were passers with above average assist rates. They were all known as guys who would fight for everything. They all sacrificed on behalf of the team. With this group of guys, chemistry would never be an issue.

This is the best defense in this competition because every player on my team (outside young Donovan) was either an All Defense regular or was a major defensive difference maker for title winners. The team is super athletic, long and able to switch on multiple positions. Pippen is considered the best perimeter defender of all time. Russell is considered the best defensive center in the history of the league not named Wilt. Havlicek was Pippen before Pippen and also known as the greatest 6th man in the history of the NBA. Frazier was a 6'4" 7 time All Defense. Horry won 7 titles as a beast switchable defender.

Every PG, SG, SF and PF on my roster is a 3 point threat. It's a team full of shooters who defend at the highest level and all pass better at a higher than average rate.