What's new

* NEW * 2019 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

Not going to dispute that, but I personally think a guy with a good shooting form and a high percentage from midrange would’ve been as effective as some of the current players with the same training, emphasis and strategies that are currently in place.

You can’t tell me that guys like Pistol Pete, Iceman, Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone and Dr. J. wouldn’t have been able to adjust their games and extended their range if that was the style of play back when they were superstars.

Shooting from 3pt distance was already a part of Pistol’s game. In one of the YouTube vids some guy who used to coach him went back and charted all of the long distance 2pointers he made in college and determined he would’ve scored over 4-500 points extra, I forget exactly, but Pistol wasn’t the only player pre 3 point line that would routinely shoot from distance even though it only counted as 2 points. Jerry West would do it routinely do it as well as Bob Petite. English and the Jazz’s own Jeff Malone were elite midrange shooters but were terrible three point shooters, and they played during the three point era, then there’s also guys like Simmons or Giannis who play in the height of three point shooting era and are great players one doesn’t even attempt 3’s and the other one can’t shoot straight. Just because a guy plays in this era doesn’t mean he can hit a three. Frasier wasn’t known for stepping out and hitting anything out more than 15-17 feet from what I’ve seen. Besides it’s impossible to determine who would or wouldn’t be able to hit threes if you transported a 60’s or early 70’s player to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize we were talking about Frazier specifically. I missed that post. Was just commenting in general that good shooters from past eras would likely be able to do it well if it had been emphasized like it is now.

Sonofa....

The simulator at whatifsports.com will only let me do 3 teams. Meaning I'd have to keep removing and readding them for each matchup. And that, my friends, I don't have time to do tonight.

I'm really sorry, folks. Between having to pull the overnight tonight, and the stress of that, and the disappointment of not being able to do the simulators right now, well, I just gave up on it for the night. I'll try after I get home and get a few winks.

I got stuck working a surprise over-night shift tonight. I'll be working on this while they rest of you (except the antipodeans) are sleeping, they should be there bright and early in the morning.

If you posted your summary in the thread, please PM it to me, so that I don't have to search through to find it.

Called me old fashioned but aren't you supposed to work while you're at work? (Im at work now..)

I'm really sorry, folks. Between having to pull the overnight tonight, and the stress of that, and the disappointment of not being able to do the simulators right now, well, I just gave up on it for the night. I'll try after I get home and get a few winks.

What sort of self respecting night shift employee doesn't sleep on the company dime?

:eek:YOUR TEAM HAS NO ATTITUDE:mad:

My team don't take no ****. We too big for you. We extra. You corny, ordinary, cheese-faced bishes.

STARTERS PPG RPG APG SPG
Jason Kidd PG 6'4''/205 16.9 6.8 10.8 2.3 -- 36% 3PG
Dwyane Wade SG 6'4''/220 30.2 5 7.5 2.2
Dominique Wilkins SF 6'8''/215 30.3 7.9 2.6 1.8 -- 38% 3PG
Rasheed Wallace PF 6'10''/225 19.3 8.2 1.9 1.3 -- 36% 3PG
Joel Embiid C 7'/250 27.5 13.6 3.7 1.9 -- 10.1 FTA; 80%FT
Starting lineup: 124.2ppg 41.5rpg 26.5 apg 9.5spg

BENCH PPG RPG APG SPG
Baron Davis PG 6'3''/209 22.9 4.3 7.5 2.4
Ben Gordon SG 6'3''/200 20.7 3.5 3.4 0.9 -- 41.0% 3PG
Manu Ginobili SF 6'6'/205 19.5 4.8 4.5 1.5
Paul Millsap PF 6'8/246 18.1 7.7 3.7 1.3
Pau Gasol C 7'/250 18.3 11.3 3.4 0.6 -- 53.8% 3PG (0.9/1.6 att/gm)
Bench: 99.5ppg 31.6rpg 22.5apg 6.7spg

Total (non-restricted minutes): 223.7ppg 73.1rpg 49apg 16.2spg

Jason "Hit Me" Kidd
The Floor General
(NBA champion 2011 with Dallas) led a doormat NJ Nets team to back-to-back Finals with the paltry help of Kerry Kittles, Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins, and Keith Van Horn. He was 2nd in voting for MVP behind Tim Duncan. Defensive PG; 4-time All-Defensive First Team. His career averaged a double double (pts/ast) and was well known for his rebounding ability (6.8/game). He could hit 36% from 3, so he wasn't often being left unguarded behind the line. Was the leader of the Run and Gun Suns, boring as hell NJ Nets (but still East Champs x2), and Championship Mavs.

81uy7O8rwzL._SX466_.jpg

Dwyane "FLASH" Wade
(3x NBA champion 2006 [Finals MVP], 2012, 2013) and Scoring Champion (2009).
Won first NBA championship in his 3rd year; His 33.8 PER in the NBA finals was ranked by ESPN as the greatest Finals performance since the NBA-ABA Merger. Terrific passer; 7.5 apg/career. Could create offense on his own. Teamed up with Shaq (or in my case, Embiid) and proved to be a money maker.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dominique "The HUMAN HIGHLIGHT FILM" Wilkins
Scoring champion 1986; 2x slam dunk champion. Best known as an acrobatic, outstanding finisher, he also had range: he hit 38.8% from 3 when he played for Boston (1.7/4.5 attempts per game). My best off-the-ball player given his ability to get so much air. His acrobatics make him perfect for today's lob/oop plays: throw him the ball and he'll slam it down over defenders. He hated the rim so much.

hawks-21-dominique-wilkins-jerseys.jpg

Front Court: Wallace and Embiid gives you lots of length and decent outside shooting with trailer jumpers, on setscreens, or simply shooting over the top of defenses. They’re both able to throw down and get physical to win (No one is pushing these two, ahem MALICE AT THE PALACE ‘SHEED).

Rasheed Wallace
giphy.gif

joFDMOk.gif

MixedGloriousKillifish-size_restricted.gif

40 technicals in a year once, bitched out Tim Donaghy on a loading dock. Proved he was a team-first/win-first player when he was a key part of the 2004 Detroit Pistons championship team. Hit 36% from 3. Stretched defenses, but could play with his back to the basket at 6'11'/230lbs.

Joel Embiid
giphy.gif

En9hrxE5HMHrMSVbz9o9aSj27DoCHtLcQukGEHZLBcCDaGuTZl_MI2LkoWB860TGL9NMGbUg3h9NR1tz91oz5vv7w89N0EtF9Z2jR9L7Ef9RZFckkYY38Z56Um_F5slqI01_f9cy

giphy.gif

7 footer who can stretch defenses, shoot the 3, scores in bunches (27ppg, 13rpg). Defensive beast. He became one of seven players with 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 200 blocks in his first 100 games, joining Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson.

Pau Gasol
Hit 49.4% from 3 the year he was asked to do this for SAS. Gasol was a perfect fit with the Lakers' triangle offense, working great with Kobe and Andrew Bynum to win championships.

If you need a crafty SG/SF, I've got Manu Ginobili. Mr 6th Man/AKA Floppy Dawggh, he flourished in this role for San Antonio. We all know what he can do. The glue guy for the multiple Spurs championship teams. Exquisite passer. Career 37% from 3.

Paul Millsap stretched his game out since leaving Utah. Multiple All-Star appearances, he's now a crucial figure on the Nuggets. Dude hits 3s, great passer, hard worker, team player. Can play SF/PF naturally.

Baron Davis can jump out of the gym and brings all the requisite attributes of a modern NBA PG. Terrific coming off the bench.

Ben Gordon is my WILDCARD. When the offense is stagnant, or you need a fearless gunner, Gordon will be the spark. He was able to go toe-to-toe with Ray Allen in the 2009 ECF, hit 42 pts in a game in some COLD-BLOODED shooting. He's not the guy you build your team around, but he can explode (ala Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams/Michael Redd).

Other Notes: Wallace and Gasol can switch in the starting lineup depending on the length and speed of the opposing team's PF.

PS: Sorry for calling you guy bishes. I was a little too much in 'Sheed's head.

xoxo,
UB