What's new

New black and white color scheme

With all the uniforms, alternate uniforms, Utah red color scheme, other colors etc, should we consider changing our team name?

Instead of the Utah Jazz, just call us Utah?

We are the only statewide professional sports brand because every other NBA franchise is a city entity. We have made "Jazz" fit but it's still kind of weird. We could still do throwbacks to it with jerseys and references.

It would have a worldwide soccer brand ring to it. Like Barcelona, Liverpool, etc.

I don't know. Just brainstorming...

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Utah Basketball Team.

It’s on change.org now. This is not me.
This grass roots effort completely misses the mark as the purple mountain uni’s are what started the entire Utah Jazz identity crisis to begin with.

The J-Note is the only sovereign logo of the Utah Jazz. Period. It was a huge mistake to move away from it the first time, and it’s an even bigger mistake now.

With all the uniforms, alternate uniforms, Utah red color scheme, other colors etc, should we consider changing our team name?

We are the only statewide professional sports brand outside of the Pacers; every other NBA franchise is a city entity. We have made "Jazz" fit but it's still kind of weird. We could still do throwbacks to it with jerseys and references.

It would have a worldwide soccer brand ring to it. Like Barcelona, Liverpool, etc.

I guess we should just stop calling this guy “Jesus Christ, Savior of Humanity,” all because it feels weird, huh??
18D38D96-19F8-439D-B304-51D9FAF618FA.jpeg

We are the only statewide professional sports brand outside of the Pacers; every other NBA franchise is a city entity. We have made "Jazz" fit but it's still kind of weird. We could still do throwbacks to it with jerseys and references.

We have had like whole threads devoted to new team names. I think we should change our name to the Utah Bonneville Lakers. There are no lakes in LA, it is just stupid.

If any of those leaked jerseys are real.....ugh.
This.

I still think it harkens back to when Ryan was in Jr. High and doodling on his spiral notebook cover, dreaming about the day he would own the Jazz and drawing all kinds of "updated" jerseys and logos, which were all drawn in black pen on his yellow and white spiral notebook cover. His Jr. High school friends loved it and praised him for it, so futuristic, so avantgarde, you know, for a jr high kid with no real artistic ability, and when he finally bought the team, he opened the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out an old notebook, dusted it off, and looked lovingly at the logos and jerseys his 12-year-old self envisioned, Black with white, black with yellow, even black with yellow and white where the white and yellow swirls overlapped, and said to no one in particular "finally".

We have had like whole threads devoted to new team names. I think we should change our name to the Utah Bonneville Lakers. There are no lakes in LA, it is just stupid.
Yeah, I've seen the many threads of name changes. Just seems like with new ownership and a bunch of new jerseys the last few years that it might be good to revisit it.

I just don't see it changing. It is what it is. Would have loved to be the Lakers had Los Angeles had taken "Stars" or something else upon their move from Minneapolis years ago, but of course that ship has sailed.

Maybe we could just be ironic and use an ocean specific name to poke fun at LA. Maybe with something that didn't make sense we could win that many titles.

Yeah, I've seen the many threads of name changes. Just seems like with new ownership and a bunch of new jerseys the last few years that it might be good to revisit it.

I just don't see it changing. It is what it is. Would have loved to be the Lakers had Los Angeles had taken "Stars" or something else upon their move from Minneapolis years ago, but of course that ship has sailed.

Maybe we could just be ironic and use an ocean specific name to poke fun at LA. Maybe with something that didn't make sense we could win that many titles.
Or maybe just shut the **** up and keep the Jazz name, just maybe.

It seems so ridiculous to start over with some new color scheme and think you can keep the same name. Although I think the petition is dumb, I never liked the mountain jerseys, and most of it is wrong they did get the part right about how the brand is totally screwed and confusing and changing the color scheme yet again does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is false on so many levels:

If we’re looking at “statewide professional sport brands”:

Minnesota Timberwolves
Minnesota Vikings
Florida Marlins (Now Miami)
California Angels (Now Anaheim)
Arizona Cardinals
Colorado Rockies
New Jersey Devils

Minnesota Timberwolves
Golden State Warriors

Not that long ago there was the New Jersey Nets.

This is false on so many levels:

If we’re looking at “statewide professional sport brands”:

Minnesota Timberwolves
Minnesota Vikings
Florida Marlins (Now Miami)
California Angels (Now Anaheim)
Arizona Cardinals
Colorado Rockies
New Jersey Devils
You're right. I missed on the Timberwolves. Golden State doesn't count because California has a number of teams.

The Utah Jazz could go by Utah because we literally are the only major sports franchise in the state.

But that won't happen.

You're right. I missed on the Timberwolves. Golden State doesn't count because California has a number of teams.

The Utah Jazz could go by Utah because we literally are the only major sports franchise in the state.

But that won't happen.

Because it's ****ing stupid.

And Golden State does count. It's the same thing as saying California, not st in a nicknamed version.

And you also forgot the Knicks. They are the New York Knicks, not the New York City Knicks