What's new

New black and white color scheme

Because it's ****ing stupid.

And Golden State does count. It's the same thing as saying California, not st in a nicknamed version.

And you also forgot the Knicks. They are the New York Knicks, not the New York City Knicks
Anybody with a brain knows what I was getting at.

We are the only ****ing show in the state. No NFL. No NHL. No MLB.

We could scrap the Jazz if we wanted. Honestly, maybe Ryan is already thinking that.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Anybody with a brain knows what I was getting at.

We are the only ****ing show in the state. No NFL. No NHL. No MLB.

We could scrap the Jazz if we wanted. Honestly, maybe Ryan is already thinking that.

Any team could do that. Houston Rockets could just be Houston. It would all be equally stupid and not going to happen.

And no, Utah Jazz aren't the only pro team in the state. Aren't you Mr I Like Soccer?

Any team could do that. Houston Rockets could just be Houston. It would all be equally stupid and not going to happen.

And no, Utah Jazz aren't the only pro team in the state. Aren't you Mr I Like Soccer?
Major sports Cy.

Of course any team could scrap their nickname. But all of them, we make the most sense:

Jazz makes no sense
We are only major sports team in state
We already have a state name
We don't have any Jazz titles

We are unique. But it doesn't matter. I don't think we can change our rep because of a jersey or a name change. We gotta win something

I would be fine trading the Jazz name. I dont really care about it that much, but only our team got major compensation. Like lots of future picks or a player that would make a huge difference.

If these are actually our Jerseys they are pretty bad. If they are for a few games, then its fine. If its our man jerseys, that is stupid.

Major sports Cy.

Of course any team could scrap their nickname. But all of them, we make the most sense:

Jazz makes no sense
We are only major sports team in state
We already have a state name
We don't have any Jazz titles

We are unique. But it doesn't matter. I don't think we can change our rep because of a jersey or a name change. We gotta win something

MLS is a major sport.

I’m really puzzled by Ryan Smith’s rational on this. Back when news broke that the Jazz would be moving to a black and yellow color scheme, Ryan came out and said something to the effect of the Jazz color pallet being all over the place over the years and a need to forge an identity.

So his answer to that is to come up with YET ANOTHER all new color scheme and font???

The J-Note is one of the most original, and best logos in all of sports for my money. Why not use that, along with the original color scheme in an updated way to solidify their identity? Granted, Ryan Smith is a billionaire and I’m not, but this seems like a massive over think that’s primed to backfire big time.

I would be fine trading the Jazz name. I dont really care about it that much, but only our team got major compensation. Like lots of future picks or a player that would make a huge difference.

If these are actually our Jerseys they are pretty bad. If they are for a few games, then its fine. If its our man jerseys, that is stupid.
Zion straight up for "Jazz"? The Pelicans just might take it now.

I can’t even count how many fan-made jerseys are so much better than things that those paid to do this for a living have come up with. But this shouldn’t be. I hear those ascending into prominence amongst sports world elites wipe their asses with magical toilet paper that isn’t available to us peons.

I can’t even count how many fan-made jerseys are so much better than things that those paid to do this for a living have come up with. But this shouldn’t be. I hear those ascending into prominence amongst sports world elites wipe their asses with magical toilet paper that isn’t available to us peons.

Counterpoint - The black and yellow jerseys will allow us to use the song “Black and Yellow” and it will be a dope 20 second commercial.

This is why you aren’t as good as the pros… lolz.

This.

I still think it harkens back to when Ryan was in Jr. High and doodling on his spiral notebook cover, dreaming about the day he would own the Jazz and drawing all kinds of "updated" jerseys and logos, which were all drawn in black pen on his yellow and white spiral notebook cover. His Jr. High school friends loved it and praised him for it, so futuristic, so avantgarde, you know, for a jr high kid with no real artistic ability, and when he finally bought the team, he opened the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out an old notebook, dusted it off, and looked lovingly at the logos and jerseys his 12-year-old self envisioned, Black with white, black with yellow, even black with yellow and white where the white and yellow swirls overlapped, and said to no one in particular "finally".
Feels like he's trying to align the colors with the Bees. Any of yall feel like he may try to change the name in the next few years?

I like the icon and the association. The others, not so much.

Seriously for my money the best jerseys we have ever had are the dark mode "city edition" jerseys from last year. Those should be permanent staples. I just wish I had gotten my hands on one for Ingles and Mitchell in the dark mode, in addition to my Gobert jersey.

1645803478946.png

I am also a fan of some of the throwback jerseys, especially the purple ones.

1645803326959.png

And frankly I like the current white jerseys, classy understated, professional. Just enough of our classic color pallet to pop. Nice.

1645803406845.png

I am not a fan of the stark industrial look of the black and white jerseys. Adding yellow doesn't do much to improve on it. Here is a mockup I found. Not sure where the yellow is coming from but I guess it is just one of Ryan's favorite colors. Thank god his favorite colors aren't neon orange and baby puke green.

Funny how polarizing the uniform can be.

Last edited:
I guess to be fair this could be a throwback to the New Orleans Jazz. Here is one of the original jerseys from that era. Little bit of purple in there too, I think a thin band around the neck and arms.

1645803959093.png

Seriously for my money the best jerseys we have ever had are the dark mode "city edition" jerseys from last year. Those should be permanent staples. I just wish I had gotten my hands on one for Ingles and Mitchell in the dark mode, in addition to my Gobert jersey.

View attachment 11769

View attachment 11767

And frankly I like the current white jerseys, classy understated, professional. Just enough of our classic color pallet to pop. Nice.

View attachment 11768

I am not a fan of the stark industrial look of the black and white jerseys. Adding yellow doesn't do much to improve on it. Here is a mockup I found. Not sure where the yellow is coming from but I guess it is just one of Ryan's favorite colors. Thank god his favorite colors aren't neon orange and baby puke green.

If it were up to me, I’d do four jerseys. I’d do the first two you posted, but then on the white jerseys I’d do the traditional home jersey.

1645804306368.jpeg

And then I’d do this fan-created alternate:

D36A3581-FDFA-4885-9E62-E1254DBEB408.jpeg

View attachment 11769

View attachment 11767

View attachment 11768

Those aren't the worst jerseys. I'm not big on the numbers, but I don't really mind them.

This is kind of a cool idea to have the music lines as part of the jersey. I like the Jazz one better than the Utah one.