What's new

New Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico

RandyForRubio

The three countries agreed to a new trade deal. Still has to go through approvals.

Haven’t found a lot of information on it. Did find this.

“The agreement will require that 75 percent of vehicles granted duty-free treatment be made in North America vs. the current 62.5 percent mandate. It will also require greater use of domestic steel and other materials and establish a new requirement for work to be performed by those earning at least $16 an hour, which will benefit the United States and Canada at the expense of Mexico.”

The three countries agreed to a new trade deal. Still has to go through approvals.

Haven’t found a lot of information on it. Did find this.

“The agreement will require that 75 percent of vehicles granted duty-free treatment be made in North America vs. the current 62.5 percent mandate. It will also require greater use of domestic steel and other materials and establish a new requirement for work to be performed by those earning at least $16 an hour, which will benefit the United States and Canada at the expense of Mexico.”

But will benefit the Mexican workers.

But will benefit the Mexican workers.

Maybe

But it also may make North American made cars less competitive globally. It may limit the market for cars made in North America to North America.

It seems to me that these 3 countries need to spend less time squabbling about intracontinental trade and more time figuring out how to increase their collective market share in intercontinental trade.

66,100 euros equals about $76,333, not $26,000 you bumbling fool.

Unless you mean in the U.S., it costs just $26,000. I can’t tell. I don’t speak Borat.
I showed you a dutch website!!!!!!!! the .nl instead of .com means dutch website. I show you the dutch price.
then i told you what it cost in usa!

look here https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-sports-car exactly 25000. that is the usa price

this is outrageous taxing/tariff is mostly for cars above 19.999 so basically usa cant sell cars above 19.999 us in europe. because of unfair trade practices..

so trump asked nicely please take away the unfair tariffs but they wont. so yeah than trump retaliates with tariffs them back.

same with harleys, levis and every other American made product. the price is jacked up the wazoo so USA products dont really sell in europe

https://www.zalando.nl/levis-501-jeans-blauw-le222b007-951.html a levi(for the people who are unintelligent: this is the dutch price about 90 euros)
and in USA you can buy em for below 30 USD!

so when people scream about tariff and trump. this is what he is talking about. governments abroad, using government power to put US products at a disadvantage.
same in chinafor comparison look the camaro in china
http://www.chevrolet.com.cn/camaro6/
399.999 whatever rubels those guys have which is about 58.233 usd. how can you honestly sell a camaro there when comparable local products are sold for a 1/3rd the price.

meanwhile compare prices of European cars and products like jeans in the usa. they are virtually the same

and then they have the gall to get mad at him during the g7 meeting? they call trump a protectionist? while they are the protectionist! all he said :you put tariffs on us, we put tarrifs on you. until you remove tariffs
remember this pic

it got plastered all over, americans on the other side of the ilse got mad. this was trump fighting for every single manufafturing job in the USA!
so their can be mor eamericna products sold abroad. people fail to understand the nuance. you can hate trump for his tweeting and such. but on this he is 110% right.

please inform yourself on ceertain subjects. every single day trump gets atticked for his this policy

Last edited:

I understood your post very clearly and you're 100% right. You have to understand, American Liberals are so hell bent on hating Trump, that they cant see the forest from the trees. I imagine those who don't understand you on this board have their heads shoved so far up their collective butts, that they wear names on their belts so when they pull it out they can remember who they are.

I understood your post very clearly and you're 100% right. You have to understand, American Liberals are so hell bent on hating Trump, that they cant see the forest from the trees. I imagine those who don't understand you on this board have their heads shoved so far up their collective butts, that they wear names on their belts so when they pull it out they can remember who they are.
thank you these liberals ar elike that tyrant form hawaai who think people who disagree with her have no right to due process.

my father wanted his whole live to buy a harley. ofcourse he put his family and kids first. this year he retired, and now that all his kids are on their own. he decided to finally buy the harley. he lives in south america. now the harley he chose was a street bob 2018. cost about 14000 us. no financing paid for in cash bought in usa.

he then had it shipped by boat to south america. forgot how much shipping was ans insurance for shipping. but when it arived he had to pay tarrifs up the nose. in total the harley came to 30.000 us dollars. yeas you heard it right a 14000 harley bought in USA i florida to be shipped to south america and tarrifs. will cost him 30.000 dollars total? how the f is that fair.

he worked his whole live, and he is a stickler for rules.paid taxes his whole live he said he never fudge a single tax retyurn. now he has to pay double for something that was his dream. but due to various reasons it being dangerous, needing money for the kids, etc etc he never got a around to buying it. yes this is anectdotal evidence.

here is some evidence. go outside(assuming you live in the usa) and start counting cars. get a large sample size write down make and model. you will see lots and lots and lots of diversity in cars you will see lots of european and asian cars.

then go to europe or asia and see if you see many americans cars.

ofcourse not, they are protectionist.

the moment a camaro cost about 25000 euros my uncle will buy 2. 1 for him 1 for his daughter. but for 60.000 he will never buy 1. because for 60.000 he can get nice bmws fully loaded. while for 60.000 he gets a basemodel camaro. i guarantee you this. if tarrifs are gone. america will start selling more stuff overseas. usa is getitng boned. it started out good. after world war 2. when europe was in ruins. america wa sok with the tarrifs. so europe can rebuild its own industry. they no longer need it.

you paid for this! the american auto industry never ever got to have a fair chance on the global market. they had to be bailed out. not syaing only reason why they needed bailout. but it is a major reason. these liberals dont understand simple basic economics. pay 60.000 for a base model chevy camaro or 60.000 for a fully loaded bmwx5 ofcourse they wont get the camaro. unless it is some millionair where he can have 5 10 15 cars en likes the camaro!

same thing with all american products.

screw the most extreme liberals on this forum! thriller gets to call republians everything. menawhile i got banend for 6 months for saying democrats are racist. and they will try and do what they did to lincoln(yes rela live actors called for the assasination of trump)

i mean be fair. if you ban me for that. thriller is my mirror opposite if i take some of his post and replace left with right libs with conservative etc i will surely get banned!

be glad trump is saving your economy and is for fair trade. i wish the country my father lived in was on trumps radar. on vehicles tarrifs are 50 to 100% depending on various things.

if people want proof. i can point you to different online shops, then you can compare it to for example local prizes. in any and allproduct categories. cars clothes food. anything! but they will act like they dont understand.

@Hax0rs thanks for the reply bro

also,

you can think trump is the most evil person in the world, and he cans till do something that is good for you.
but seems like if trump will go on tv and tell you oxygenn is good you nee dit. far left extreme libs will stop breathing.

after all hitler was first men who gave free education, free healthcare and wellfare, things liberals love.

also harley does get to sell abroad, because it is a symbol, a status thing. a symbol of the american dream. a symbol of liberty. me myself i think halrey sucks, i am more of an indian motorcycle guy(mods dont ban me for triggering liberals, there is really indian motorcycle).

i am just stating facts. acting like you fail to understand me doesn't change these facts

also,

you can think trump is the most evil person in the world, and he cans till do something that is good for you.
but seems like if trump will go on tv and tell you oxygenn is good you nee dit. far left extreme libs will stop breathing.
OMG, this is hysterical! And true! I'm laughing so hard that now I can't breathe!

Aside from the cake (which many would argue is context, but whatever), do you honestly know anyone who’s complained about any of these? The Starbucks cup especially. I kept seeing all these people laughing at these people on my Facebook feed, yet I don’t know a soul who GAF and only knew about it because the people saying everyone GAF.

Aside from the cake (which many would argue is context, but whatever), do you honestly know anyone who’s complained about any of these? The Starbucks cup especially. I kept seeing all these people laughing at these people on my Facebook feed, yet I don’t know a soul who GAF and only knew about it because the people saying everyone GAF.

Yes, I do know people who’ve made comments like these.

66,100 euros equals about $76,333, not $26,000 you bumbling fool.

Unless you mean in the U.S., it costs just $26,000. I can’t tell. I don’t speak Borat.
Lol. The hate that dutch gets is out of control. He actually does have quite a few interesting and valid comments (like the one that you're responding to).