What's new

New Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico

The political pressure to remove nativity scenes and the like from public settings derives from a little thing called the first amendment. I've never seen or heard of any sort of campaign to pressure private groups or companies from saying merry christmas. I have seen companies decide to be more inclusive during the holiday season, and use happy holidays or other such greetings instead.

I know it can be difficult for christians whenever they feel like they are not being catered to every second of the day, but there are millions of people in this country who practice (or don't) other beliefs, acknowledging their existence during the holiday season is not 'waging war' on anybody.

There isn't even pressure to remove the nativity scenes. This all derives from governments creating a limited forum where they only allow the views of one religion (primarily Christianity). If a government (local or otherwise) wants to create such a forum, they need to keep it open to others. So if you want a nativity scene, it may be next to a pasta monster scene, or an homage to the dark lord Xenu. If a government won't keep an open forum, then they shouldn't have any displays. This goes back to a bedrock of our Constitution, the separation of church and state. Keeping one church from dominating government is one of the reasons for the American Revolution. Utah hasn't quite figured that one out yet.

The supposed "War on Christmas" is just another attempt at the majority claiming victimhood.

As for “merry Christmas” not being used. I’ve long supported people or companies saying what they feel.

Imagine that.

Aren't you supposed to be on a ten day fast from social media?

Not me - I am no longer Mormon so I can waste all the time I want on social media. My FB news feed has gotten less religious lately, though, so I'm appreciating the fasting of others.

Last edited:
Not me - I am no longer Mormon so I can waste all the time I want on social media. My FB news feed has gotten less religious lately, though, so I'm appreciating the fasting of others.

That's ok... Mormon's aren't Mormon either. Just ask them.

(We're glad you're here)

That's ok... Mormon's aren't Mormon either. Just ask them.

(We're glad you're here)
Yeah, my mother is letting me know that I am now even more evil than I was a week ago by using the word Mormon. We have such odd conversations these days.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app