What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

We have been spoiled. It's been almost 24 hours since the Jazz made a major move. If that summer league game didn't have 3 draftees I would start to be impatient.

What the effs is Zanik doing? Just sitting on his hands... there has been two minimum guys signed and we didn’t sign either... it’s maddening!!!!!

Loading up on wings instead of centers will help the Jazz compete better in the playoffs. When teams go smaller and more athletic, the Jazz have to be able to adjust. Bogdanovic was a solid acquisition because he helps with that.

Loading up on wings instead of centers will help the Jazz compete better in the playoffs. When teams go smaller and more athletic, the Jazz have to be able to adjust. Bogdanovic was a solid acquisition because he helps with that.

Per Real plus minus we have 3 of the top 25 small forwards in the league... nice group to mix and match. It might be a little clunky during the season before we figure out who's starting and which combos work best... but it's a great place to be. We can play Joe, Bojan, Royce 30 minutes a night each no problem.

I still don't understand the freaking out about Kawhi to the Lakers. They'll be capped out after that. 3 guys that need load management and will be expected to play heavy minutes once the playoffs roll around? They'll have no depth. Consistently injured guys like Cousins and Iggy are going to be round out the roster?
AD has a long injury history. LeBron has the most minutes played of anyone active over 16 seasons and will probably be around Kobe's total by the end of the season. All three will likely only see about 66-70 games played each (if they're smart).

I think it's a disaster waiting to happen, collection of top 10 players be damned.

I still don't understand the freaking out about Kawhi to the Lakers. They'll be capped out after that. 3 guys that need load management and will be expected to play heavy minutes once the playoffs roll around? They'll have no depth. Consistently injured guys like Cousins and Iggy are going to be round out the roster?
AD has a long injury history. LeBron has the most minutes played of anyone active over 16 seasons and will probably be around Kobe's total by the end of the season. All three will likely only see about 66-70 games played each (if they're smart).

I think it's a disaster waiting to happen, collection of top 10 players be damned.
The Heatles were built on much less. Don’t overthink this, it would be a serious issue.

The Heatles were built on much less. Don’t overthink this, it would be a serious issue.
To further elaborate: both Davis and Kawhi are better than both Wade and Bosh. The pieces also fit much better. Kuzma is also better than their 4th best players (AT LEAST until they got Battier and/or Allen).

To further elaborate: both Davis and Kawhi are better than both Wade and Bosh. The pieces also fit much better. Kuzma is also better than their 4th best players (AT LEAST until they got Battier and/or Allen).

Yep.

LeBron is better than KD, Kawhi is better than Klay, and AD is better than Steph. Draymond is better than Kuz and Iggy will be better than any 5th player the Lakers would add.

I don't know if the LA team would work together as well as the Warriors did, but the top end talent would be the most on one team since the Russell Celtics. Top end talent wins in the NBA. It is better for our chances if the Lakers don't get Kawhi ESPECIALLY since so many good and solid free agents have already agreed to go elsewhere.

Iggy to the lakers prolly for a very small price. Damn i rly wanted iggy...he could have helped us for sure. Hes still good even at 35.

Jazz would have the better regular season record.

But assuming LA got into the playoffs healthy, it’d be over.

How often does the team with the three best players lose? Even if we have 4-10.

Jazz would have the better regular season record.

But assuming LA got into the playoffs healthy, it’d be over.

How often does the team with the three best players lose? Even if we have 4-10.

Most recently I would have to say the 2019 NBA Finals.