What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

It makes them easier for us to beat in the playoffs.
I’m going to have to disagree. One thing that the Rockets have always understood is that Stars shine in the postseason. Butler would be a BIG help for them in the playoffs. He was easily the best player for the 76ers this postseason. I want him to leave Philly, but I don’t want him in the West. He’s exactly the kind of X factor that could turn a playoff series against you.

No surprise, but still.

I hope he goes to the Knicks. I think it's bad news if he goes back to GS. It's possible that they rebuild the dynasty if he were to stay. It might only be for the next few years with their ages, but that's right during Conley's remaining great years.

I’m going to have to disagree. One thing that the Rockets have always understood is that Stars shine in the postseason. Butler would be a BIG help for them in the playoffs. He was easily the best player for the 76ers this postseason. I want him to leave Philly, but I don’t want him in the West. He’s exactly the kind of X factor that could turn a playoff series against you.

If they get Butler, Capela is gone. If Capela is gone the advantage they have forcing Rudy into guarding two people in the pick and roll is gone. If that's gone we have a serious advantage inside on both ends. We've done relatively well slowing Harden and CP3 down. It's the insertion of Capela that causes us issues.

If they get Butler, Capela is gone. If Capela is gone the advantage they have forcing Rudy into guarding two people in the pick and roll is gone. If that's gone we have a serious advantage inside on both ends. We've done relatively well slowing Harden and CP3 down. It's the insertion of Capela that causes us issues.
Yup, the addition of Conley's offensive impact would probably be magnified.... including the space he'd open up for Mitchell to put more pressure on the rim.

I’m not sure what the hell the rockets are up to... thought maybe they’d try flipping Paul for Butler but that CP contract is trash. If they trade Tuck, EG, Capela for Butler (essentially but obvi other teams involved) then what the hell they do with the rest of the roster... clearly they are up to stuff.