What's new

NFL Anthem Policy

Kaepernick is now getting paid to represent his protests because Nike took advantage of his movement to sell sneakers that are manufactured in Cambodia sweatshops to Americans who think they're "woke."

To me, his worthy cause is even more tainted.

Capitalism, eh?

I'm actually surprised by how many people are boycotting Nike and burning it or trashing it. I read yesterday Nike lost 3.8 billion dollars.

Nike will also play a Kaep commercial before the NFL tipoff. Since Trump took over, the alternate reality circus we live in continues.

Kaepernick is now getting paid to represent his protests because Nike took advantage of his movement "

And Coca-Cola took advantage of charities to replenish water sources, improve access to safe drinking water, and provide hygiene education in Africa. Just to sell more sugar water

Evil capitalists.

And Coca-Cola took advantage of charities to replenish water sources, improve access to safe drinking water, and provide hygiene education in Africa. Just to sell more sugar water

Evil capitalists.

And they both had every right to, guy.

The Armed Forces have deals with the NFL for certain things. They can't just eliminate the Anthem. Moreover, these guys are employees. We can sit and cry foul but the bottom line is, their employers are protecting their bottom line, a bottom line that ironically pays these players so damn much, and if the players don't like it, they can bite their tongue and protest and/or stand up for equality in other ways, on their own time. Or they can play in the CFL.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

You have to have a pretty ****ing warped idea of what freedom is when you start figuring out ways to force everyone not to exercise that freedom.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

You have to have a pretty ****ing warped idea of what freedom is when you start figuring out ways to force everyone not to exercise that freedom.

Did you even read his post, dude?

Do you protest at your job?

Freedom doesn't mean you can do what ever you want, whenever you want while on your job. Even if it's for a good cause.

Did you even read his post, dude?

Do you protest at your job?

Freedom doesn't mean you can do what ever you want, whenever you want while on your job. Even if it's for a good cause.
He has the freedom to protest at his job and possibly get fired for it. Lmao.

By the way, there was no rule in place that said Kaepernick had to stand for the anthem, so technically he did nothing wrong to get blackballed the way he did. So your analogy of you or me protesting at our jobs is different situation to what Kaepernick did.

He has the freedom to protest at his job and possibly get fired for it. Lmao.

By the way, there was no rule in place that said Kaepernick had to stand for the anthem, so technically he did nothing wrong to get blackballed the way he did. So your analogy of you or me protesting at our jobs is different situation to what Kaepernick did.

I personally don't think there needs to be a standing rule for every action that has consequences or is a fireable offense in the workplace.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think though.

I personally don't think there needs to be a standing rule for every action that has consequences or is a fireable offense in the workplace.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think though.

Was there a rule that said Kaepernick had to stand? If no, then you’d be wrong, oh... yep, you’re wrong. And no one one in the nfl told him he couldn’t kneel during the Anthem till after he was blackballed. There was no reason to say he couldn’t do what he did. He did nothing to get fired. He didn’t get fired, just that no one wanted to give him a new contract.

If anything, the nfl is furthering his protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a rule that said Kaepernick had to stand? If no, then you’d be wrong, oh... yep, you’re wrong. And no one one in the nfl told him he couldn’t kneel during the Anthem till after he was blackballed. There was no reason to say he couldn’t do what he did. He did nothing to get fired. He didn’t get fired, just that no one wanted to give him a new contract.

If anything, the nfl is furthering his protest.

If I'm wrong, why is Kaepernick not playing?

Again, just because there's not a set rule, doesn't mean you can do it without facing consequences - especially if you're causing bad PR, boycotts and viewership to go down.

It's not just about Kaep taking a knee either. It's about a lot of his actions e.g. wearing pig socks to training camp right after Dallas was shot up, supporting Castro, using social media to slam the NFL.

I used to get super bugged by Kaepernick because I thought he was a phony. I will say, he has put a lot of time, money and effort into a cause he believes in and I respect the hell out of him for that. I just don't see him as a victim of anyone else's doings but his own.

It will be interesting to see how the case plays out in court. If Kaepernick wins, I think it's a dangerous precedent to make for the freedom of ownership - whether I agree with it or not.

No **** Sherlock!! There are consequences for every action, but the nfl is still wrong. Make a rule about it before you blackball them. The nfl didn’t even give him a chance to be in violation of anything in his employment.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

I hope you've thought your response through a little more after posting this response.

Yes, I do. So does every article I've read about it.

What would be weird is if you considered this anything but a loss.

"Nike lost xXxX in market cap" is the headline that makes sense.

When you just say "loss" it is with regard to negative profits.

So if you can find me three links that do not mention market cap, I bet they are rags and not a reputable financial publication.

Please share

"Nike lost xXxX in market cap" is the headline that makes sense.

When you just say "loss" it is with regard to negative profits.

So if you can find me three links that do not mention market cap, I bet they are rags and not a reputable financial publication.

Please share

What the **** are you even arguing from what I said, guy?

Market cap = dollar market value.

You can write, Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars and you can write Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars in market cap. Thanks for pointing it out, Mr. Nuance. One way or another, they lost a **** load of money/dollars. We clear? Mmmkkay.

If my employer played the anthem at the beginning of the work day and expected all employees to stand at attention I really don't think I would be punished if I didn't want to participate.

I think it's stupid as **** that the anthem is played at sporting events. Not the right time, not the right place. Inviting issues like this.

What the **** are you even arguing from what I said, guy?

Market cap = dollar market value.

You can write, Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars and you can write Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars in market cap. Thanks for pointing it out, Mr. Nuance. One way or another, they lost a **** load of money/dollars. We clear? Mmmkkay.

Oy.