What's new

NFL Anthem Policy

If my employer played the anthem at the beginning of the work day and expected all employees to stand at attention I really don't think I would be punished if I didn't want to participate.

I think it's stupid as **** that the anthem is played at sporting events. Not the right time, not the right place. Inviting issues like this.

Well, the military is paying the nfl to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my employer played the anthem at the beginning of the work day and expected all employees to stand at attention I really don't think I would be punished if I didn't want to participate.

I think it's stupid as **** that the anthem is played at sporting events. Not the right time, not the right place. Inviting issues like this.
That's actually a point I've never thought about. Hmm.

Imo it’s really stupid that anyone ever gave a **** in the first place if he stands or sits or whatever during the anthem. And it’s still stupid that anyone gives a **** what people do during the anthem at a football game. In Thursday nights opening game I noticed many players standing but not having their hand over their heart! Gasp! Why didn’t everyone bitch about that? (Thank god they didn’t)

I also think it’s really stupid to have this stupid issue effect what brand of stuff you buy or don’t buy.

What the **** are you even arguing from what I said, guy?

Market cap = dollar market value.

You can write, Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars and you can write Nike loses 3.75 billion dollars in market cap. Thanks for pointing it out, Mr. Nuance. One way or another, they lost a **** load of money/dollars. We clear? Mmmkkay.

stock market fluctuations are not termed "losses." But okay.

Imo it’s really stupid that anyone ever gave a **** in the first place if he stands or sits or whatever during the anthem. And it’s still stupid that anyone gives a **** what people do during the anthem at a football game. In Thursday nights opening game I noticed many players standing but not having their hand over their heart! Gasp! Why didn’t everyone bitch about that? (Thank god they didn’t)

I also think it’s really stupid to have this stupid issue effect what brand of stuff you buy or don’t buy.

I remember when I first saw in game highlights of the 49ers preseason game, and first highlight was of Kaepernick sitting, my first thought was ”what is he complaining about now” then heard why he did it and was relieved to see it was a noble cause.

From his original statement, I can’t understand how so many can flame he’s disrespectful of the military.

The irony of this whole thing is that those that are butt hurt about him sitting or kneeling are the ones disrespecting the flag and those that sacrificed their lives so we can be free. And others will say if they did stuff like that at their jobs they’d be fired. The one problem is that he broke no rules to get him fired. The NFL doesn’t currently have a rule for this. No one from the 49ers or Roger Goodelle’s office said he couldn’t kneel. So, I ask where is the problem?

I take it from this that there were no articles that used your misleading and inaccurate terminology. Have a nice day.

Yes, there are because it's essentially the same thing. It's cool and all to point out that it was market cap, but at the end of the day, what I wrote wasn't misleading or inaccurate.

Good day, sir.

What is so funny to me is that the audience certainly does not all stand and salute the flag. They are in the restrooms, in the concession lines, talking to their neighbors, etc. And I'll bet a vast majority of the TV audience is not standing with their hand over their heart (or if they are, they weren't doing it prior to this controversy).

And when did kneeling become a sign of disrespect? People kneel to pray, to propose, to their leaders, to their coaches ("take a knee").

What is so funny to me is that the audience certainly does not all stand and salute the flag. They are in the restrooms, in the concession lines, talking to their neighbors, etc. And I'll bet a vast majority of the TV audience is not standing with their hand over their heart (or if they are, they weren't doing it prior to this controversy).

And when did kneeling become a sign of disrespect? People kneel to pray, to propose, to their leaders, to their coaches ("take a knee").

Nate Boyer(a former Army Special Forces) met with Kaepernick shortly after the first picture of him sitting made press. He suggested that he kneel because it was a sign of respect while still honoring his protest.

Boyer:

“We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammate. Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother’s grave, you know, to show respect. When we’re on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security.”

I remember when I first saw in game highlights of the 49ers preseason game, and first highlight was of Kaepernick sitting, my first thought was ”what is he complaining about now” then heard why he did it and was relieved to see it was a noble cause.

From his original statement, I can’t understand how so many can flame he’s disrespectful of the military.

The irony of this whole thing is that those that are butt hurt about him sitting or kneeling are the ones disrespecting the flag and those that sacrificed their lives so we can be free. And others will say if they did stuff like that at their jobs they’d be fired. The one problem is that he broke no rules to get him fired. The NFL doesn’t currently have a rule for this. No one from the 49ers or Roger Goodelle’s office said he couldn’t kneel. So, I ask where is the problem?
Pssst. It's racism stoked by right wing media and politicians.

I can guarandamntee you if a white player took a knee during the anthem to protest abortion or lack of god in schools or whatever you wouldn't hear a peep from those folks.

Pssst. It's racism stoked by right wing media and politicians.

I can guarandamntee you if a white player took a knee during the anthem to protest abortion or lack of god in schools or whatever you wouldn't hear a peep from those folks.

Agreed

You might hear peeps from the opposite folks though (pro choice, non religious types, etc)

Agreed

You might hear peeps from the opposite folks though (pro choice, non religious types, etc)
Oh for sure, those types don't tend to have the same faux patriotic flag fetish, so it would probably be more of a dismissive mockery type response than a pearl clutching 'you hate america' response.

Nike online sales are up 31 percent since the Kaepernick campaign. Undue focus on the dip in stock price on the day after the announcement of the campaign is misguided. The market hates uncertainty. If sales continue to be strong, uncertainty fades and Nike stock will soon enough be at all time highs.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/n...d-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07?link=sfmw_tw

Got into a discussion with a coworker over this. He was crowing about how Nike stock and sales were going to plummet. I told him they will see increased sales. He went in this rant about people every where abandoning Nike lol. I just smiled and said ok.

When this story broke that their sales increased by 30% I showed him. He didn’t say **** lol.