What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Yeah, I don't see the Bulls taking on TT's terrible contract just for a late first rounder from Cleveland.

Utah and Cleveland would do it though.

I think they would take that contract back to get a first round pick. What else are they going to spend money on the next couple years while tanking. Plus TT would be okay next to their rookie.

Would you do:

Favors plus a 2nd rounder for Fry (and possibly Crowder) and the Cavs #30 pick

Then do Cavs #30 pick to Chicago for Mirotic

Why the Cavs do it? They shed almost $3 million which saves them $12 million in luxury. Crowder hasn't been a great fit so they get the relief.

Why don't the cavs just do Favors for the pick? Because the Cavs would end up paying WAY too much taking back more salary (something like $40 million) unless they shed salary. Dumping Fry makes more sense than Crowder, but Crowder has played poorly and if they give up on him...

I think they would take that contract back to get a first round pick. What else are they going to spend money on the next couple years while tanking. Plus TT would be okay next to their rookie.
I think they'd take that contract to get a late lottery or early mid first rounder. I don't think they are doing that to get one of the last picks in the first round.

Would you do:

Favors plus a 2nd rounder for Fry (and possibly Crowder) and the Cavs #30 pick

Then do Cavs #30 pick to Chicago for Mirotic

Why the Cavs do it? They shed almost $3 million which saves them $12 million in luxury. Crowder hasn't been a great fit so they get the relief.

Why don't the cavs just do Favors for the pick? Because the Cavs would end up paying WAY too much taking back more salary (something like $40 million) unless they shed salary. Dumping Fry makes more sense than Crowder, but Crowder has played poorly and if they give up on him...
Cav wouln't do it. They need wings to guard the Warriors. They arent throwing in Crowder in that deal.

I think they'd take that contract to get a late lottery or early mid first rounder. I don't think they are doing that to get one of the last picks in the first round.

They are not getting a first for Mirotic without taking back some sort of bad contract and they are not getting a lottery pick regardless of what they take back for him. If they want to get a first they will probably do something along these lines. Plus again, they will be well below the min spending any ways.

They are not getting a first for Mirotic without taking back some sort of bad contract. If they want to get a first they will probably do something along these lines. Plus again, they will be well below the min spending any ways.
Yeh, but what if Detroit offers their first and Jon Leuer?

Damn, was really hoping this was a real rumor. But it's not much different than what some of us have proposed in that Favors is the asset that the Cavs value for their late first and then Utah moves that to Chicago.

Yeh, but what if Detroit offers their first and Jon Leuer?

Eating Leuers contract is worth a first by itself. I’ll bet Detroit offers that and Stanley Johnson but Chicago likely declines... if their no LT salary demands remain the same.

Even then Detroit won’t re-sign Harris and Niko in a year and a half so one of those guys becomes available in FA.

I just don’t think we have a ton of urgency here and Chicago doesn’t really either. Likely a staring match for a few weeks.

Cav wouln't do it. They need wings to guard the Warriors. They arent throwing in Crowder in that deal.
Would you give them Favors and Hood for Crowder and their 1st?

Chicago:
In: Frye, Shumpert, Cleveland 1st
Out: Mirotic

Cleveland:
In: Favors and Hood, Jazz 2nd
Out: Frye (expiring), their first and Crowder. Dump Shumpert's salary.
Also luxury tax savings (Incoming salaries = $14.4M; outgoing $17.7M)

Utah:
In: Mirotic and Crowder
Out: Favors, Hood, 2nd

I think it all comes down to what Chicago expects back with a 1st. Other teams may want/have to send back a player with an extra year on their contract. Jazz can offer an expiring, but would likely only include a highly-protected 1st (if at all).

Would you give them Favors and Hood for Crowder and their 1st?

Chicago:
In: Frye, Shumpert, Cleveland 1st
Out: Mirotic

Cleveland:
In: Favors and Hood, Jazz 2nd
Out: Frye (expiring), their first and Crowder. Dump Shumpert's salary.
Also luxury tax savings (Incoming salaries = $14.4M; outgoing $17.7M)

Utah:
In: Mirotic and Crowder
Out: Favors, Hood, 2nd

I think it all comes down to what Chicago expects back with a 1st. Other teams may want/have to send back a player with an extra year on their contract. Jazz can offer an expiring, but would likely only include a highly-protected 1st (if at all).

They won’t trade Crowder unless they get a big wing that is a better defender than Crowder.

They won’t trade Crowder until Lebron leaves next summer then he will be available.

Mirotic tanking that value
Will he become an Enes Kanter type problem for Chicago? Normally dislike malcontents, but hopefully he starts pressuring Chicago for a trade. He - and his agent - know an easy deal can be put together with the Jazz, which he'd agree to in a flash. The only sticking point is the draft pick.

Will he become an Enes Kanter type problem for Chicago? Normally dislike malcontents, but hopefully he starts pressuring Chicago for a trade. He - and his agent - know an easy deal can be put together with the Jazz, which he'd agree to in a flash. The only sticking point is the draft pick.
Considering all we got for Kanter was Threebor Pleiss and Ricky Rubio, perhaps we could get Niko with Tomic (rich man’s Pleiss) and Burks.

Chicago wont take Tristan Thompson. His contract is awful.

This makes sense: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9k99e9y

Cavs get Favors and Jazz 2nd
Bulls get Frye and Cavs 1st
Jazz get Mirotic and Osman

If the Bulls really want Osman, I could see him going there.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Cavs arent giving up both Osman and a 1st for Favs while keeping TT. TT and Favors are very redundant. For the Cavs to give up their first they will want someone to take a bad contract. Bulls have no reason to worry about cap space for the next 2 years as well. They are not chasing a big FA and have very little cap space committed.

Cavs arent giving up both Osman and a 1st for Favs while keeping TT. TT and Favors are very redundant. For the Cavs to give up their first they will want someone to take a bad contract. Bulls have no reason to worry about cap space for the next 2 years as well. They are not chasing a big FA and have very little cap space committed.

I just don't think Cleveland is interested in Favs... if they were willing to give up Frye Osman and a first wouldn't we have done that deal already? Just kept the first.

Favs is in the same bucket as Niko... He will only fetch a first if we take back bad salary too. Will likely be a second or a player like Osman if it is just for expiring salary.