What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Bull lose by 7 to Golden State. Niko has 24 in 27 minutes on 9/13 and 4/7 from deep. Just a hot streak.

He’s easily discounted from afar but if he were doing this on the Jazz people would be talking about having an all-star trajectory (don’t deny it, you all saw the CJ Miles love).

Bull lose by 7 to Golden State. Niko has 24 in 27 minutes on 9/13 and 4/7 from deep. Just a hot streak.

He’s easily discounted from afar but if he were doing this on the Jazz people would be talking about having an all-star trajectory (don’t deny it, you all saw the CJ Miles love).

Plus good rebounding, assist, steal, and plus/minus numbers.

Dude is playing like an all star.

Get niko. Whatever it takes.

People keep talking about him cooling off and coming back down to earth. Okay, if so, where does that land him? The Bulls were 3-20. Then Mirotic came back and they've been 13-7 with him. He's played 20 games. He's averaging 17.7 PPG in 25 minutes. That's 25.5 per 36, higher than Donovan's 22.1. He's shooting 45.7% from deep on 9.2 attempts per 36 minutes -- that's insane. To put that into perspective, Niko is scoring 12.6 points off threes per 36 minutes. Stephen Curry is scoring 13.5, Harden is scoring 12.3

Rather than come down to earth, he's going to solidify his value. Right now he can be had for what's going to look very cheap in hindsight. Nobody can honestly say he wouldn't be a better player in this system. Nobody can say he's been in good systems previously when it was so iso-heavy.

Yes, we can hold out for Chicago to drop their asking price, but it'd be awfully silly if he gets snatched up by someone else because "he's just playing motivated and on a hot streak and he's not worth a first round pick." I feel if we miss this opportunity we'll spend the next few years arguing over this and everyone will rationalize the conclusion of "nobody knew he was going to continue to be so good and he wasn't worth ______ at the time he was dealt."

Last edited:
People keep talking about him cooling off and coming back down to earth. Okay, if so, where does that land him? The Bulls were 3-20. Then Mirotic came back and they've been 13-7 with him. He's played 20 games. He's averaging 17.7 PPG in 25 minutes. That's 25.5 per 36, higher than Donovan's 22.1. He's shooting 45.7% from deep on 9.2 attempts per 36 minutes -- that's insane.

Rather than come down to earth, he's going to solidify his value. Right now he can be had for what's going to look very cheap in hindsight. Nobody can honestly say he wouldn't be a better player in this system. Nobody can say he's been in good systems previously when it was so iso-heavy.

Yes, we can hold out for Chicago to drop their asking price, but it'd be awfully silly if he gets snatched up by someone else because "he's just playing motivated and on a hot streak and he's not worth a first round pick." I feel if we miss this opportunity we'll spend the next few years arguing over this and everyone will rationalize the conclusion of "nobody knew he was going to continue to be so good and he wasn't worth ______ at the time he was dealt."

Next years 1st sure. This years NO! Dont let the FOMO (fear of missing out) scare you into overpaying. Dont forget he likes the Jazz and has a no trade clause.

Side note. If he does come and finds himself in a shooting slump at least we know now all it takes is a broken jaw to pull him out of it. Dude will need to roll SLC in headgear.

If we got him and we were guaranteed to win 2 out of every 3 games, I would consider trading our first because our pick wouldnt even be a lottery pick.

I just dont know if he will make us that much better immediately.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

How? If that was the case hed be here already.
FOMO on a draft pick and potential prospect...

You're unemployed, you've got rent due tomorrow, and your buddy who owns a landscaping company is offering to pay you $1,500 for help with a project he has a deadline with and everyone is saying "**** it, let's go to Idaho and buy scratchers!"

I've been against including our pick but we might want to bet the farm on Mirotic. He's a perfect fit. I'm picturing a lineup of Exum, Mitchell, Ingles, Mirotic and Gobert and salivating.

If we got Mirotic and Dante came back what are the chances we make the playoffs?

If we got Mirotic and Dante came back what are the chances we make the playoffs?
Don't forget Rudy. I think we see a similar close to the season as we did when we traded Kanter.

The biggest key is getting Rubio off the floor, but having Mirotic helps quite a bit in mitigating some of the Rudy/Rubio (Rudio) disaster.

FOMO on a draft pick and potential prospect...

You're unemployed, you've got rent due tomorrow, and your buddy who owns a landscaping company is offering to pay you $1,500 for help with a project he has a deadline with and everyone is saying "**** it, let's go to Idaho and buy scratchers!"

Haha that **** is funny but I dont agree with the analogy.

I dont think we plan on having a draft pick this low again for a long time. You dont give that up for Mirotic. Also our age profile has changed...

I've been against including our pick but we might want to bet the farm on Mirotic. He's a perfect fit. I'm picturing a lineup of Exum, Mitchell, Ingles, Mirotic and Gobert and salivating.

Imo you get Mirotic cheap or go all in on Saric.

Hood + whatever for Saric.

Exum
Mitchell
Ingles (would prefer Ingles as 6th man)
Saric
Gobert

Haha that **** is funny but I dont agree with the analogy.

I dont think we plan on having a draft pick this low again for a long time. You dont give that up for Mirotic. Also our age profile has changed...

Donovan is so good he's moved our window forward. If the starting five mentioned above gel quickly we could be dangerous as soon as this spring.

The draft pick might be slow to develop or never reach his potential. Getting a sure thing in Mirotic makes a lot of sense, especially considering Donovan is ready to lead now and Rudy is basically in his prime.

Our window is around Gobert. Mitchell has accelerated himself to having already arrived in Gobert's window. Time to roll with it. We wouldn't trade Kanter for a Harden for FOMO on Kanter, wouldn't trade AK for Ginobili for FOMO on AK, won't trade a draft pick for Mirotic for FOMO on guy who may be as good as Mirotic...

The draft pick might be slow to develop or never reach his potential. Getting a sure thing in Mirotic makes a lot of sense, especially considering Donovan is ready to lead now and Rudy is basically in his prime.

Please explain.

How does an 18 game stretch of hot shooting who is an UFA in a year equate to a "sure thing"?

Career 36% from 3..