What's new

Nikola Mirotic

You know who might emerge as a legit playmaking PF by next year? Taurean Prince.

Point made.

I'm glad they aren't surrendering a 1st for Niko

You know who might emerge as a legit playmaking PF by next year? Taurean Prince.

Point made.

I'm glad they aren't surrendering a 1st for Niko
So you’re a fan of wings who don’t rebound playing the four. Why not Royce O’Neale?

my question is if he didn't move the needle, who are we realistically looking at getting as our 4 who is going to fit our non shooting squad ?

I guess that is true. I just see him as too streaky and exploitable on defense (but Gobert nullifies that a bit).

I am not sure what the ultimate vision is at the 4. I am thinking the draft?

We can't close this thread on the accusation that Royce can't rebound. Dat ridiculous.
Nah, I said you like wings who can’t rebound (Prince) playing the four, then I asked why not Royce.

Isn't Exum listed at a taller height than Royce?

Royce is a baller though

Nah, I said you like wings who can’t rebound (Prince) playing the four, then I asked why not Royce.
Prince was tantalizing in November and December. Struggled in January.

I think most people would prefer to have him over the vapor trail of George Hill, tho.

NOP misses out on Monroe. They didn’t want the extra year of Mirotic. Obviously they’re trying to make the playoffs and keep AD happy, but wouldn’t Favors and two seconds be worthy of consideration for NOP?

Keep dat hope alive.

NOP misses out on Monroe. They didn’t want the extra year of Mirotic. Obviously they’re trying to make the playoffs and keep AD happy, but wouldn’t Favors and two seconds be worthy of consideration for NOP?

Keep dat hope alive.
Not now. Rather just keep him as an expiring and hope his contract year gets us an inspired Favors for the rest of the season and (hopefully) playoffs.

Short-sighted.
If they could get ANYTHING of real value for him, then I’m onboard. Mid to late 2nd round picks are not value.

If they can’t get better than that, and they’ve decided to fight for a playoff spot - then I think keeping him (and not adding future salary) is probably the right move. Lineup issues aside, when he and Rudy are both playing well, the Jazz are hard to beat.

If they could get ANYTHING of real value for him, then I’m onboard. Mid to late 2nd round picks are not value.

If they can’t get better than that, and they’ve decided to fight for a playoff spot - then I think keeping him (and not adding future salary) is probably the right move. Lineup issues aside, when he and Rudy are both playing well, the Jazz are hard to beat.
Rudy plays well, he just needs space.

So yeah, when Hood actually plays and plays well which is 40% of the time or less, the Jazz look a lot better.

Rolls Royce rolls all over Moronitic
Ah. Were we trading Mirotic for Royce?

My prediction is that if Niko starts for NOP, he’ll average 20+ with them and they won’t be nearly as pressured to bring Boogie back at a high price.

Keep dat hope alive.

For what though? They'd already traded their 2018 first to Chicago. What is it that they have that we could want? I dunno if 2 seconds is worth that much for us. We've had a tonne for seconds that haven't turned out to anything at all.