What's new

No lunch for Huckabee, Is it the same?

Yes... let’s talk about bigotry for a second:

But heaven forbid Sarah is asked to leave a restaurant. The Trump admin needs to realize that lying and spewing hate has consequences.

Being a bigot is a choice. Being LGBT or black isn’t. Huge difference. Choices carry consequences.

Last edited:
Isn’t it against policy/unethical to put on blast a restaurant from your official government twitter account? Meh, I’m sure the DoJ doesn’t care.

But using your work twitter to try and hurt a restaurant says more about Huckabee sanders than it does the restaurant owner. She can dish it out but can’t take it.

Like all Trump cultists, she’ll blame others for her own lack of character.

****ing snowflake

Last edited:
https://sports.yahoo.com/apos-done-same-thing-again-142321374.html

So in the article the owner says there are times when you have to live your convictions. Is this the same as the cake baker? It's interesting how the tune changes when the shoe is on the other foot. Tolerance for those we agree with, death to those we don't.
This is not at all the same as the cake baker. The cake baker refused to do a certain type of custom cake. But aside from that he would sell to anyone. The way this would be the same, or at least pretty similar, is if she had requested the restaurant cater a Trump fundraiser or something like that. But that's not the situation here. And fwiw I completely despise Sanders. But the restaurant should have served her.

I believe businesses should have the right to refuse service to whom they please. I may not like the reason, but I feel it's their right.

Edit: Actually, I believe there are some reasons people can't deny service.

This is not at all the same as the cake baker. The cake baker refused to do a certain type of custom cake. But aside from that he would sell to anyone. The way this would be the same, or at least pretty similar, is if she had requested the restaurant cater a Trump fundraiser or something like that. But that's not the situation here. And fwiw I completely despise Sanders. But the restaurant should have served her.

I too think they should have “served” her. But in a different way. They should have taken her order and waited an hour or two. Once she inquired where her order was, They’d tell her that she’d already been served, and handed her the bill. When she’d refute them, they should’ve spoken to her in a condescending manner so that “even she could understand their short sentences” that “She’d already been served, everyone agrees she’d been served (alt facts), and They’d have to get back to her about her complaints” at some later date (never).

In frustration, she and her companions would angrily leave having wasted hours out of their day.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Sanders still deserves basic human respect, and I would treat her like any other customer. When I mentioned this to my formerly conservative wife, she felt that anyone who supports the lies and distortions of Trump in the way she does if fair to be denied service.

This is not comparable to the Masterpiece case, because Sanders is not an entire group of people being denied a specific kind of service.

I too think they should have “served” her. But in a different way. They should have taken her order and waited an hour or two. Once she inquired where her order was, They’d tell her that she’d already been served, and handed her the bill. When she’d refute them, they should’ve spoken to her in a condescending manner so that “even she could understand their short sentences” that “She’d already been served, everyone agrees she’d been served (alt facts), and They’d have to get back to her about her complaints” at some later date (never).

In frustration, she and her companions would angrily leave having wasted hours out of their day.

I hope that was a joke.

She should be humiliated for the damage she does to our country. Being the mouthpiece for the insane orange beast deserves repercussions.

Last edited:

"The cake baker refused to do a certain type of custom cake" for homosexual clients that he would do for heterosexual clients. That context matters.

"The cake baker refused to do a certain type of custom cake" for homosexual clients that he would do for heterosexual clients. That context matters.
Sure. Another context that matters is that it was a custom cake that required the baker to use his artistic efforts to give voice to a sentiment that went against his sincerely held religious beliefs. But none of that is particularly relevant in the Sanders situation.

And fwiw I completely despise Sanders. But the restaurant should have served her.

Normally I would agree but in this case I'm glad they didn't serve her. Sanders puts a smiley face on this administration's on-going attempt to turn this country into an authoritative state which includes, but is not limited to, the torturing of children. Either that or she knowingly lies outright.

And before the "deep down she's probably a decent person" crowd chimes in, the fact that she used her official twitter account to inform people of this event (a clear ethics violation by the way) makes me inclined to believe she's just as bad as the rest of them.

She deserves to be shunned.

"Brownshirts occupied the seats at his meetings, shouted insults at him, and on one occasion fired a shot at him, causing mass panic amongst his listeners and leading to a brawl in which more shots were fired by both stormtroopers and Reichsbanner men. Several Nazis and Social Democrats had to be taken to hospital, and not a single table or chair in the hall was left intact. After this, gangs of eight to ten Nazi stormtroopers harassed Buchwitz outside his house when he left for work in the morning, twenty or more crowded round him when he came back to his office after lunch, and between one and two hundred hassled him on the way home, singing a specially composed song with the words "When the revolvers are shot, Buchwitz’ll cop the lot!" Nazi demonstrations always halted outside his house, chanting "Death to Buchwitz!"

Public confrontation over politics remind me of the Coming of the Third Reich, but let's keep encouraging them.

Hehepeepeecaca

Normally I would agree but in this case I'm glad they didn't serve her. Sanders puts a smiley face on this administration's on-going attempt to turn this country into an authoritative state which includes, but is not limited to, the torturing of children. Either that or she knowingly lies outright.

And before the "deep down she's probably a decent person" crowd chimes in, the fact that she used her official twitter account to inform people of this event (a clear ethics violation by the way) makes me inclined to believe she's just as bad as the rest of them.

She deserves to be shunned.

"Sanders puts a smiley face on this administration's on-going attempt to turn this country into an authoritative state which includes, but is not limited to, the torturing of children."

If that's the case, and I believe it is, then shouldn't her and Trump and anyone else who protects him be tried for treason?

Last edited:
“The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders,” Trump tweeted. “I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/needs-pa...ant-asking-sarah-sanders-leave-130000156.html

"Just days before the state visit of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s Palm Beach private club, Florida restaurant inspectors found potentially dangerous raw fish and cited the club for storing food in two broken down coolers. Inspectors found 13 violations at the fancy club’s kitchen, according to recently published reports — a record for an institution that charges $200,000 in initiation fees. Three of the violations were deemed “high priority,” meaning that they could allow the presence of illness-causing bacteria on plates served in the dining room. Maybe the President should clean his kitchen before insulting another restaurant"

That the media is currently embroiled in a debate about civility in politics after the Red Hen incident, a year and a half into Trump's presidency tells you all you need to know about how ill equipped they are to deal with him.

It's absolutely absurd to me that after Trump has threatened to lock up his political opponents, has called the press America's greatest threat, condoned violence in his own rallies, and has stoked racial tensions with inflammatory and dehumanizing rhetoric, that now, today in 2018, the media thinks politics are becoming uncivil, and of course, the left is to blame. Just absurd.

Last edited:
While I doubt this will become a trend because ultimately restaurant owners aren't going to start turning away customers with different political views than their own (because capitalism), I'm not crazy about things like this happening. We are really struggling to maintain a sense of civility in this country, and paybacks to prove a point don't help to mend divides. Still, I must admit I chuckled at first.

It would have been better if she had mentioned this on her personal social media instead her government account.

It would have been better if she had mentioned this on her personal social media instead her government account.
Well, at least, it wouldn't have been a massive ethics violation. But her scumbag boss backed her up by doing the same thing.