What's new

No lunch for Huckabee, Is it the same?

Well, that party's two major mouth pieces were (Hilary and Obama) were both against gay marriage until it became convenient for them to support it over politics.

Because it had to be politics, and couldn't have possibly been their opinions evolved with the slow passage of time?

It absolutely, positively, has to be politically motivated? Their attitude before they began supporting gay marriage couldn't have been politically motivated?

Ok, thanks for sharing. Clearly I disagree with you, and you disagree with me. It's not posturing, it's truth. I don't care if you agree with me. It's all about power, money, lies and both sides have been party to atrocities for years and it's all wrong. Go ahead and feel one party is more messed up than the other, I don't care, one of them is more in your face right now so it's understandable. Both parties platforms are like their facebook lives. They only show what they want you to see, or what they think will get them likes/attention/votes.

Posturing, bleh. You are posturing. You don't even live here, geez. Take your posturing and put it to use on some Canadian politics board. You don't even know me and pretend you can state I'm posturing. Why don't you take your false outrage and hit the road.

If you have a few, you should listen to Joe Rogan's podcast with Dave Rubin. They do a great job dissecting the insanity of today's politics and people. I've only ever watched one video of Rubin before on YouTube and never listened to his show or read anything about him, but he seems pretty damn level headed and logical. From what he was saying with Rogan though, he gets attacked by people even if they don't know what they're attacking him for.

Because it had to be politics, and couldn't have possibly been their opinions evolved with the slow passage of time?

It absolutely, positively, has to be politically motivated? Their attitude before they began supporting gay marriage couldn't have been politically motivated?

You're completely right. I have no idea why they changed, but since they are both religious, I'm guessing it was for political reasons - but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say I have no idea why they changed. I don't. I used that as an example cause he called Trump a rapist. I'm assuming he thinks Trump is a rapist because he bragged about grabbing them by the ***** back in, what, 2005? So same concept could be applied there.
I like Obama. I don't care for Hillary. I understand people change in politics and I don't get outraged by politicians who do. I roll my eyes at people who wave other's changes (in whatever the case) in their face. People change. Society changes. We evolve.
It's crazy how much I've changed, in my personal life, over the last 10 years. I used to be super religious and believed in what my religion taught. I believed in religion because I found refuge in it and I had, let's just say, a rough childhood.
I remember one time, back in 2007 I took a video game back to Blockbuster because it had gay characters in it. I actually told the guy at the counter that's the reason I was taking it back because I didn't support it. I absolutely cringe thinking about that. I was ignorant, naive, and convicted, and cultured.
I'm glad of all of my life experiences and the opportunity for growth they've given me. I'm proud of how I've changed and who I am. I'm still changing and forever want to keep changing. I certainly don't have all the right answers. One of my favorite things about this board is how much posters have influenced me and changed my perspectives and ideologies.

Before Trump, I could understand why people thought that both sides were the same. The Democratic party has its flaws certainly, but they don't include things like denial of climate change, banning undesirables from entering the country, restricting rights of LGBTQ people, stealing Supreme Court seats, suspension of due process for 'those' people, or providing safe harbor for white nationalism.

At this point the Democratic party is the only alternative we've got to the authoritarian nightmare the GOP has turned into. I believe the best way to truly enact positive change in this country is support truly liberal Democrats and work to change the party from within, to something that more closely represents my interests.

Before Trump, I could understand why people thought that both sides were the same. The Democratic party has its flaws certainly, but they don't include things like denial of climate change, banning undesirables from entering the country, restricting rights of LGBTQ people, stealing Supreme Court seats, suspension of due process for 'those' people, or providing safe harbor for white nationalism.

At this point the Democratic party is the only alternative we've got to the authoritarian nightmare the GOP has turned into. I believe the best way to truly enact positive change in this country is support truly liberal Democrats and work to change the party from within, to something that more closely represents my interests.
How do you feel about the libertarian party? Any hope in that or is it too unrealistic at this point?

He's right. Both parties are different sides of the same coin. It doesn't matter which "party" is in power, the same stuff goes on and the fighting and bickering continues.
There is very little difference in what goes on when there is a regime change despite the promises.
Both sides are messed up, and something big needs to change for there to be actual change.

This was true to a decent degree under Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama. While the Democrats, as a more pro-government party, had a slightly larger interest in governing well (and more often took positions I prefer), power plays were always a part of their process of governing.

However, Trump has changed this game. It's no longer two sides of an undamaged coin, it's now Two-Face's coin. One side of ordinary power mongers, one side that does evil and stupid things that drastically hurt people. Right now, the sides are not equal, and one side is lacking in good intentions.

How do you feel about the libertarian party? Any hope in that or is it too unrealistic at this point?
The libertarian party is not really about libertarian values, imho. They are about letting corporations hurt individuals without reprisal, reducing and eliminating regulations that protect individuals but help corporations, and opposing the taxation of assets. Mostly they sell themselves to people based on their opposition to taxes. That's not libertarianism to me.

The libertarian party is not really about libertarian values, imho. They are about letting corporations hurt individuals without reprisal, reducing and eliminating regulations that protect individuals but help corporations, and opposing the taxation of assets. Mostly they sell themselves to people based on their opposition to taxes. That's not libertarianism to me.

They seem to be dominated by Objectivist thinking.

Civility?

For years the GOP claimed that the twice elected POTUS wasn’t an American citizen because he was black. During one SOTU address a republican yelled, “you lie!”

The 2015 primary campaign featured a host of republicans talking about their penis size, bashing the faces of women candidates, and claiming that women moderators were bleeding from their “wherever.”

Over the past few years one side has consistently bashed entire races, retweeted KKK members and Nazis, and openly called for the imprisonment of political opponents.

But heaven forbid a restaurant owner deny the mouthpiece of this admin a meal. How dare a restaurant owner judge someone not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I think if we are just noticing the lack of civility in our society, then we’ve been asleep for far too long. If we think that this is indicative of where we are, then we’ve missed out on nearly 3 years of incivility far worse than some restaurant. Hell, kids are in cages as we speak. If we think that being nice to the fascists in our country is going to fix the incivility, then we need to study history.

You don’t compromise with fascists, you fight and beat them. At some point the GOP is going to have to realize that most of America isn’t going to put up with their BS.

You don’t get got reat reporters like this and then just a day later bitch about civility after being denied a meal. Sounds like republicans want to be able to act incivil to others while forcing everyone else to act civil towards them. That’s not how this works. Watch 1:09-1:15.

Let’s be honest, this is more about repubs desiring to shut up opposition while they continue along their incivil ways rather than any genuine calls for greater civility.

Hear Hear! I'm no Democrat but I can get behind this. Many dumbass democrats need to go but you're spot on.

get the **** out of here with this false-equivocating non-sense. One party wants to let gay people get married, and continue business-as-usual austerity neoliberal politics that only protects the interests of the upper classes.

The other party is throwing children in cages, and carrying-out Muslim bans-- spearheaded by a rapist in office and white supremacists surrounding him.

There is no equivalence. Your post is filled with just total vitriol and obvious lies. Hillary was trash, the Democrats are by-and-large total trash. I don't think I would have voted for her in the general election. However, there is no equivalence. None of your "both sides!" posturing will change that-- and if you helped vote in this administration, the blood and tears of those children is on your hands.

--

Every public individual who has enabled any of these atrocities, from Sarah Sanders to Chuck Schumer, deserves to be publicly and non-violently shamed. End of story. I'd even consider booting Bernie out of a restaurant if he didn't come down hard enough against ICE. **** these bootlickers and their insanely insulating privilege.

Spot on.

One party is for gay marriage...

Well, that party's two major mouth pieces were (Hilary and Obama) were both against gay marriage until it became convenient for them to support it over politics.

The lopsided blinders, close-mindedness, and obsession of people today becoming outraged because of the media is sad. It's the people with the far left/right mentality e.g. Thriller/Dutch that will start a civil war in this country. Fake outrage is the new drug.

It's not fake outrage. Can't you see how Trump brings down our country? It's ****ing embarrassing.

Ok, thanks for sharing. Clearly I disagree with you, and you disagree with me. It's not posturing, it's truth. I don't care if you agree with me. It's all about power, money, lies and both sides have been party to atrocities for years and it's all wrong. Go ahead and feel one party is more messed up than the other, I don't care, one of them is more in your face right now so it's understandable. Both parties platforms are like their facebook lives. They only show what they want you to see, or what they think will get them likes/attention/votes.

Posturing, bleh. You are posturing. You don't even live here, geez. Take your posturing and put it to use on some Canadian politics board. You don't even know me and pretend you can state I'm posturing. Why don't you take your false outrage and hit the road.

Case in point... ^^^^. It's not about "power, money, lies" with Trump nearly as much as it is about a deranged lunatic bringing down America. Anyone who can't see that is like a Hitler-supporting German in the lead up to WW2... wrong as wrong can be.

It's not fake outrage. Can't you see how Trump brings down our country? It's ****ing embarrassing.
Oh, I definitely see how it's an embarrassment.

I call it fake outrage because all 99% of people bitch about things they know very little about and or do nothing about it. They do this because, I suppose, it puts them on a moral high ground.

Watch some YouTube videos of protesters being asked why they are protesting. Most of them are absolutely clueless why they are protesting or say things which are incorrect.

There are so many sheeple in the world looking to join Team Edward or Team Jacob.

Case in point... ^^^^. It's not about "power, money, lies" with Trump nearly as much as it is about a deranged lunatic bringing down America. Anyone who can't see that is like a Hitler-supporting German in the lead up to WW2... wrong as wrong can be.

This is why the left makes my blood boil. If you don't agree with them then they try and silence you, call you racist, a nazi, xenophobic, a misogynist, fascist, etc.

It's bizarre, really.

This is why the left makes my blood boil. If you don't agree with them then they try and silence you, call you racist, a nazi, xenophobic, a misogynist, fascist, etc.

It's bizarre, really.

Archie, are you really that blind to not see what's going on? Trump is off the rails and no-one from the Republican party will stand up to him. Well some have tried. It's just so odd that we have allowed this nut job to hold court.

Archie, are you really that blind to not see what's going on? Yes, there are embarrassing people on both sides but this is completely off the rails.
As a non-Trump supporter, I don't think it's being blind because I disagree with comparing his followers to Nazis - a group responsible for the murder of 6 million jews.