What's new

No lunch for Huckabee, Is it the same?

I'm gonna assume you're just trolling.
Well, that's boring. It is interesting though how fluid the idea of race/racism is and has been over the last few hundred years.

I wish we were at a place where we were just Humans and didn't have people forcing the divide. No group is better than another, but celebrate our differences as much as we celebrate our similarities. I can get so sick of how fractured this world is. All the talk pretty much everywhere is divisive. Neighbors, social media, news media, sports, politics, religion, everything... most if not all of the conversation is divisive talk rather than something unifying. In some ways we have so much progress and amazing things going on, in other ways we are still in the dark ages.

F394AE34-C783-4FA7-9EBC-DA6508B2B3CD.jpeg Let’s talk about civility guys! Most of these come from just the last few years on Thee most watched cable network and primary media of the GOP. You can’t find anything like this on MSNBC or CNN. Not in incivility nor in scope. This is what I’m talking about, both sides are NOT equal. One side has decided to become a fascist authoritarian party and the other party has remained mostly sane moderate democrat. If anything, they’ve moced further right since clinton.

You can’t consume this nonstop and not expect a regime like Trump's. And you can’t continue to treat people the way Huckabee does and not expect recuperations.

https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/status/1010497564435730434?s=21

https://twitter.com/ingrahamangle/status/979021639458459648?s=21

https://youtu.be/6PP3dmCdUtE

Last edited:
Well... I wouldn't detain them. All for open borders.
Maybe I'm just ignorant about open borders. You really think this is a viable option for the country that wouldn't be detrimental to the country? We're already on population control.
I think the idea is nice to have open borders, but from what I've read and understand it would never work - a country is only as strong as its borders.

Maybe I'm just ignorant about open borders. You really think this is a viable option for the country that wouldn't be detrimental to the country? We're already on population control.
I think the idea is nice to have open borders, but from what I've read and understand it would never work - a country is only as strong as its borders.
What's this population control you're talking about?

What's this population control you're talking about?
The 3,000 or so abortions per day in the US. Maybe population control isn't the best word for it, but we are over populated, exhausting resources and destroying the environment. If we had open borders, I'd imagine millions upon millions of people would flood our country.

Difference being of course that Obama was a bog standard politician, flawed to be sure but respectful and understanding of democratic norms, and Trump has literally enacted a policy of taking kids from their parents and putting them in cages. To say nothing of his election shenanigans, apparent disregard for our western alliances, and profiting from the presidency.

This both siderism is the worst kind of moral posturing. You get to pretend to be 'above it all' while completely dismissing the unique and terrible circumstance we find ourselves in.

I respectfully disagree. To me the worst kind of moral posturing is those who convince themselves they are on the moral high ground so are justified in any action. Or those who tell me you are either for us or against us.

So often I hear the difference is your guy isn't as bad as the other guy so it justifies actions and attitudes that were previously unthinkable. So a person can pretend to be in the moral right while spewing hate and marching us to the edge of hell.

Why do i have to pick a side? So you can feel comfortable either agreeing with everything i say or disagreeing with everything?

Im sorry i cannot agree that this is an either or proposition. My experience with people tells me as humans we have far more in common than we have differences, but differences and fears are easy to exploit for power. Sadly the extreme voices have control of peoples fears right now and it is making people say and do horrible things.

What's worse is the "either or" mentality throws rationale out the window so that the party line is right no matter how often it changes. So Obama was a hero to the left and a coward to the right when he suggested diplomacy. 8 years later trump is a coward to the left and a hero to the right for suggesting diplomacy.

Oh but they say there are subtle differences that a sophisticated mind can see and that's what makes it an outrage if Bush bombs wedding parties in Yemen but sad and necessary when Obama bombs wedding parties. Why do i have to be for or against one side? Can't i just say i don't like bombing women and children? An "either or" mentality robs people of their right and soon their ability to form their own opinions. They must wait for the talking heads and spinsters to declare what they should believe.

No, they say, i must be outraged when the party says be outraged and support what the party says support and oppose anyone who does not support the party fervently enough.

I realize when the madmen finally drive the parties to real war those like me will be in the greatest danger, because i will not have a party to run to for protection. That is another fear they play upon. But should I give up my convictions and opinions so I can take shelter in a party line?

The world doesn't need fewer people refusing to take sides it needs more...millions more.

I respectfully disagree. To me the worst kind of moral posturing is those who convince themselves they are on the moral high ground so are justified in any action. Or those who tell me you are either for us or against us.

So often I hear the difference is your guy isn't as bad as the other guy so it justifies actions and attitudes that were previously unthinkable. So a person can pretend to be in the moral right while spewing hate and marching us to the edge of hell.

Why do i have to pick a side? So you can feel comfortable either agreeing with everything i say or disagreeing with everything?

Im sorry i cannot agree that this is an either or proposition. My experience with people tells me as humans we have far more in common than we have differences, but differences and fears are easy to exploit for power. Sadly the extreme voices have control of peoples fears right now and it is making people say and do horrible things.

What's worse is the "either or" mentality throws rationale out the window so that the party line is right no matter how often it changes. So Obama was a hero to the left and a coward to the right when he suggested diplomacy. 8 years later trump is a coward to the left and a hero to the right for suggesting diplomacy.

Oh but they say there are subtle differences that a sophisticated mind can see and that's what makes it an outrage if Bush bombs wedding parties in Yemen but sad and necessary when Obama bombs wedding parties. Why do i have to be for or against one side? Can't i just say i don't like bombing women and children? An "either or" mentality robs people of their right and soon their ability to form their own opinions. They must wait for the talking heads and spinsters to declare what they should believe.

No, they say, i must be outraged when the party says be outraged and support what the party says support and oppose anyone who does not support the party fervently enough.

I realize when the madmen finally drive the parties to real war those like me will be in the greatest danger, because i will not have a party to run to for protection. That is another fear they play upon. But should I give up my convictions and opinions so I can take shelter in a party line?

The world doesn't need fewer people refusing to take sides it needs more...millions more.

Great post, dude. I wish I could articulate my thoughts as well as you did here.

There are certain emergency type situations where I think border control may be necessary, but the vast majority of the time I don't believe it helps on the net. At the core it's a bit of a libertarian type viewpoint here, I simply don't believe we should give our governments the right to tell us where we can or can't live to that degree.

The 3,000 or so abortions per day in the US. Maybe population control isn't the best word for it, but we are over populated, exhausting resources and destroying the environment. If we had open borders, I'd imagine millions upon millions of people would flood our country.

Population control is definitely not the right term. That suggests government-mandated birth rate control like China. I really doubt that women choose abortions because the USA is overpopulated.

Population control is definitely not the right term. That suggests government-mandated birth rate control like China. I really doubt that women choose abortions because the USA is overpopulated.

Abortions have been happening since the beginning of time. And it’s rarely to limit the population. There’s change of lifestyle, inability to provide a living, rape and incest, health conditions of both baby and mother, etc.

In fact, I’ve never even heard of abortion being the sign of a society feeling overpopulated.

Weird theory.

I certainly wasn't suggesting the government enforcing population control, so yeah, I should have been more clear. It's my own way of looking at it, I guess. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this way. I don't think mother's think that way, obviously, when getting an abortion. It still doesn't change the fact that 3000 potential humans are stopped from existing a day.

I already think we're overpopulated. Utah is getting out of control. I just can't fathom open borders realistically working.

Let’s talk about civility again.

Judge Merrick

The GOP refused to hold hearings for an entire year because they wanted a Republican president to appoint a new SC justice. Unprecedented.

But yeah, both sides are the same.

And now trump’s travel ban has been upheld 5-4.

There are certain emergency type situations where I think border control may be necessary, but the vast majority of the time I don't believe it helps on the net. At the core it's a bit of a libertarian type viewpoint here, I simply don't believe we should give our governments the right to tell us where we can or can't live to that degree.

Immigration to the United States has actually slowed since the 1990s. In fact, from 2007-2010 migration from Mexico to here was in the negative.

Contrary to popular belief on Fox News, just because people can migrate somewhere doesn’t mean that they will. That’s why a better investment than the border wall would be in building up Central America and addressing our failed war on drugs.

I’m definitely more libertarian when it comes to border control and security. Economics play a major role in migration. People aren’t moving here like they used to. The refugees recently really are some of the most desperate people out there. Our failed war on drugs has fueled to a large part, the problems El Salvador and Honduras are having.

mate this is an awesome post. My sentiments exactly

The thing is, if you wait until you've got an actual dictator in place before you get 'hysterical' it's too late. The warning signs are here and we should be sounding the alarm.
Agreed that dismissing this sort of thing as hysterical is too easy. There are some parallels, but I'd like to think the foundations of this country will hold true. Then again, I didn't think Trump would win...

Agreed that dismissing this sort of thing as hysterical is too easy. There are some parallels, but I'd like to think the foundations of this country will hold true. Then again, I didn't think Trump would win...

Institutions are failing.

The SC hasn’t been this polarized in quite some time. You’re seeing an unprecended number of 5-4 decisions.

Just today you saw Trump’s (Muslim) travel ban upheld. Not good

The libertarian party is not really about libertarian values, imho. They are about letting corporations hurt individuals without reprisal, reducing and eliminating regulations that protect individuals but help corporations, and opposing the taxation of assets. Mostly they sell themselves to people based on their opposition to taxes. That's not libertarianism to me.
And weed. They sell themselves to kids with weed.

Proof that you can find a study that supports a claim on just about anything. Of course, it is a "control" from a number-crunching standpoint, not a decision making one.

But, but, nevermind...

Ok, you guys win. Abortion is in no way, shape or form, a factor in population control...