What's new

No lunch for Huckabee, Is it the same?

As a non-Trump supporter, I don't think it's being blind because I disagree with comparing his followers to Nazis - a group responsible for the murder of 6 million jews.

Did German followers of Hitler in 1935, two years into his rule, foresee the future? We are not even two years into Trump. The parallels are there.

This is why the left makes my blood boil. If you don't agree with them then they try and silence you, call you racist, a nazi, xenophobic, a misogynist, fascist, etc.

It's bizarre, really.

Yea, it is. I think both sides are being idiots or worse, and yes Mr Orange definitely has created some separation, but I refuse to side with the lesser idiot because it's better than the blatant one in power now. I don't agree with either side at all, but because I don't side with you... "you helped rape and pillage, you took the children, you hate the people I profess to love!!! burn!!!"

A bit out there.

If that's the selling point to joining a group, it needs work. "We're not as bad as that bigot, rapist, murderer... so join us".
I'm not going to avoid Shere Khan, just to run into the arms of Kaa. (Kaa from the movie, not the books)

Yea, it is. I think both sides are being idiots or worse, and yes Mr Orange definitely has created some separation, but I refuse to side with the lesser idiot because it's better than the blatant one in power now. I don't agree with either side at all, but because I don't side with you... "you helped rape and pillage, you took the children, you hate the people I profess to love!!! burn!!!"

A bit out there.

If that's the selling point to joining a group, it needs work. "We're not as bad as that bigot, rapist, murderer... so join us".
I'm not going to avoid Shere Khan, just to run into the arms of Kaa. (Kaa from the movie, not the books)

Makes sense...o_O.

It's not about sides.

The ruling class laughs at us. The dems "win" the presidency and the right freaks out that Stalin is back again. The Reps "win" the presidency and the left sees Hitler everywhere. They have us at each other's throats ready to do to each other what we would never allow them to do to us. Meanwhile they get richer, and more powerful.

Insult for insult leads to *** for tat leads to an eye for an eye leads to one of yours for one of ours and then we are in a living hell. It takes courage to back away from a fight and seek reconciliation, only madness will continue the drive towards war.

The ruling class laughs at us. The dems "win" the presidency and the right freaks out that Stalin is back again. The Reps "win" the presidency and the left sees Hitler everywhere. They have us at each other's throats ready to do to each other what we would never allow them to do to us. Meanwhile they get richer, and more powerful.

Insult for insult leads to *** for tat leads to an eye for an eye leads to one of yours for one of ours and then we are in a living hell. It takes courage to back away from a fight and seek reconciliation, only madness will continue the drive towards war.
Difference being of course that Obama was a bog standard politician, flawed to be sure but respectful and understanding of democratic norms, and Trump has literally enacted a policy of taking kids from their parents and putting them in cages. To say nothing of his election shenanigans, apparent disregard for our western alliances, and profiting from the presidency.

This both siderism is the worst kind of moral posturing. You get to pretend to be 'above it all' while completely dismissing the unique and terrible circumstance we find ourselves in.

Just curious how you guys would detain families that cross the border. Would you put them in a Holiday Express or is that too cheap?

Just curious how you guys would detain families that cross the border. Would you put them in a Holiday Express or is that too cheap?
I'm sure there's a middle ground between getting tossed into federal jail, and thus separated from your children, and getting put up in a Holiday Inn.

Up until recently we simply held families together pending their hearings before an immigration judge (that's the due process bit that Trump would like to get rid of). Of course this still inhumane in my opinion, children are still being locked up and traumatized even with their families. A better solution is simply to release families together pending their hearing and set them up with a case manager to help them with legal representation and referrals for work, housing etc. This is actually a far less expensive endeavor than detention and the vast majority of migrants who have legal representation show up to their hearings, fears of 'catch and release' notwithstanding.

Case in point... ^^^^. It's not about "power, money, lies" with Trump nearly as much as it is about a deranged lunatic bringing down America. Anyone who can't see that is like a Hitler-supporting German in the lead up to WW2... wrong as wrong can be.

From a distance Trump seems like a complete ****** but these sorts of summations comparing to the evolution of Hitler and living under great tyranny etc seem like absolute hysteria.

It is true tho that Trump, and a lot of his supporters, are quite racist. Just today he complained about European countries being taken over by Muslims, and how they're just not the same any more.

Seriously, **** that guy.
Technically you should call him sub-racist if you are going to call him anything. Aryan, Semitic, and Hamitic are sub-races to the Caucasoid race. Trump as an Aryan sub-race member, hating all Semitic sub-race members is hating on people of his own race, but not of his sub-race.

https://biologywise.com/list-of-human-races

FYI

From a distance Trump seems like a complete ****** but these sorts of summations comparing to the evolution of Hitler and living under great tyranny etc seem like absolute hysteria.
The thing is, if you wait until you've got an actual dictator in place before you get 'hysterical' it's too late. The warning signs are here and we should be sounding the alarm.

Technically you should call him sub-racist if you are going to call him anything. Aryan, Semitic, and Hamitic are sub-races to the Caucasoid race. Trump as an Aryan sub-race member, hating all Semitic sub-race members is hating on people of his own race, but not of his sub-race.

https://biologywise.com/list-of-human-races

FYI

I'm not sure if you're being serious. Race is not a real concrete thing that has a single definition. The most important definition of race is simply people's perception of who belongs where. People associate race with certain "looks" that they've been taught to associate with said race as children. So Americans do not consider Middle Easterners white, regardless of what some genetic or historical definitions have to say. Thus they are not seen nor treated as whites. But ya, on the census, they check white because it tells them to do so.

I'm not sure if you're being serious. Race is not a real concrete thing that has a single definition. The most important definition of race is simply people's perception of who belongs where. People associate race with certain "looks" that they've been taught to associate with said race as children. So Americans do not consider Middle Easterners white, regardless of what some genetic or historical definitions have to say. Thus they are not seen nor treated as whites. But ya, on the census, they check white because it tells them to do so.
Fine, go ahead and decide when science fits and should be trusted, and when you can throw it away.

The thing is, if you wait until you've got an actual dictator in place before you get 'hysterical' it's too late. The warning signs are here and we should be sounding the alarm.

but really dude .. what signs of dictatorship ... there still seems to be absolute freedom to protest, express your opinion in whatever form you like, etc You have mid term elections soon yes ? And then another general election in 2 years where you can vote this clown out ya ??

I would reform our immigration system so that they could enter legally.