What's new

Game Thread Nov 04, 2022 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 11-04-22

First. I don't believe to any kind jinxes, not in sports or in life in general.

Second. Logic dictates here that if its all about partying in LA and too much time spent there, then it is the game to Lakers to lose. :D
Strong post from our forest poster. The Fins know a thing or two about drinking.

Strong post from our forest poster. The Fins know a thing or two about drinking.
You're mistaken. So called 'Forest Finns' (a Finn descent posting from the woods) are from Sweden, as in Finland we traditionally don't have to make that difference - uh maybe some Urban Helsinki metro-dudes, yay - as nowhere in the Finland, inhabited by Finns, the forest is too long a way. You can find to the woods on average approximately from a quarter of.... to a mile from your present location.

Abovementioned explains a lot about our drinking habits.

But, this is all off topic, if not for anything else then only because Lauri's alcohol consumption level is ZERO.

Last edited:
You're mistaken. So called 'Forest Finns' (a Finn descent posting from the woods) are from Sweden, as in Finland we traditionally don't have to make that difference - uh maybe some Urban Helsinki metro-dudes, yay - as nowhere in the Finland, inhabited by Finns, the forest is too long a way. You can find to the woods on average approximately form a quarter of to a mile from your present location.

Abovementioned explains a lot about our drinking habits.

But, this is all off topic, if not for anything else then only because Lauri's alcohol consumption level is ZERO.
Wait....did you just call me "some Urban Helsinki metro-dude"?

Wait....did you just call me "some Urban Helsinki metro-dude"?
I have absolutely no idea what place you possibly call your home. But that was not the point either, there was nothing personal, only stating few factual things under a label of 'non-superstitious drunken Finnish guy posting from the woods while waiting a game of basketball to begin at far side of the world almost 2 hours after midnight home coming from the local pub'. Nothing else.

And, I still not believe any Jinx. :D

I have absolutely no idea what place you possibly call your home. But that was not the point either, there was nothing personal, only stating few factual things under a label of 'non-superstitious drunken Finnish guy posting from the woods while waiting a game of basketball to begin at far side of the world almost 2 hours after midnight home coming from the local pub'. Nothing else.

And, I still not believe any Jinx. :D
Too late. I am getting that **** tattooed on my ***.

So, according the trade rumors metagame situation for this game leads to few lines of thought.

A) Jazz is not going to throw this game
B) Jazz guys who should demonstrate their value upon the eyes of eager buyers (of LA slave market) will play their arses off, but only because they don't want to get traded to LA
C) That LA star (whom name escapes from my mind) doesn't want to be traded to Utah, because he knows he is neither needed or wanted; which makes him playing his arse off
D) LeBron wants to show he is still top dog; thus playing his arse off
E) Hardy took his lesson, and devised an another brilliant scheme for this game
F) Lauri had yet another deep inner debate with himself (and Verna) for do he (and his family) want to move yet again; Consensus was: NO!
G) LA is the real underdog of the match but because their self-esteem cannot accept that, Jazz can appear and play like they would be the underdog
H) LA nights are more consuming for LA stars than for random motley crew from Salt Lake City.

Hopefully the strategy isn't to guard lebron with conley and sexton like it seemed to be with luka.