What's new

Game Thread Nov 12, 2022 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Wizards

Added to Calendar: 11-12-22

HARDY is learning or what why did not he take Time OUT in last 1:30 when Wizards play us out?? Rookie Coach.

Rough whistle… will likely even out though. Wiz without Beal are a scrappy bunch like us. Also we playing dumb… turnovers, turning down good shots, ball watching while guys sneak through for cuts.

Feels like a sleepy loss… this team has always fought back though… unlike last years squad.

They have 17 free throws to our 1. That is the biggest reason why they are winning at half.
ya the officiating has been very bad tonight. They haven't missed a ton of calls against the wizards (the hit to vando's face was the only aggregious one I can remember) but they have been calling everything on the jazz. Very ticky tack stuff and also called THT for a carry that didn't look any worse than you see on every play of every game.

But fouls are 9 to 3… it’s part of the reason for turnovers… couple of those were fouls.

We also fouled a couple jump shooters which is dumb. Made a handful of dumb *** turnovers too.

When they switch a small guy or wing onto Lauri that should be an auto post up… we didn’t go to it hardly at all.

Rough whistle… will likely even out though. Wiz without Beal are a scrappy bunch like us. Also we playing dumb… turnovers, turning down good shots, ball watching while guys sneak through for cuts.

Feels like a sleepy loss… this team has always fought back though… unlike last years squad.
One turnover that stood out to me was when conley broke down the defense and Vando ran at the rim and jumped up for the easy alley oop.......... and conley threw a bounce pass to his feet lol.

ya the officiating has been very bad tonight. They haven't missed a ton of calls against the wizards (the hit to vando's face was the only aggregious one I can remember) but they have been calling everything on the jazz. Very ticky tack stuff and also called THT for a carry that didn't look any worse than you see on every play of every game.
Agree… THT did cup the ball as he did a spin move though… so I’m good with that one.

Washington did great job defending Lauri. So far this season, Hardy and Lauri has found ways to answer questions. I trust it to go like that on 2nd half as well, but in the other hand,, it might be inevitable Lauri will have some tougher games too. Wishing it is not tonight, though

One turnover that stood out to me was when conley broke down the defense and Vando ran at the rim and jumped up for the easy alley oop.......... and conley threw a bounce pass to his feet lol.
Yeah the Vando hit ahead turnover and the Sexton lazy pass that became a dunk were also awful.

It’s the first time the Jazz have looked out of sync. It’s funny the score has been so close. It hasn’t felt in the Jazz favor but they led much of that first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington did great job defending Lauri. So far this season, Hardy and Lauri has found ways to answer questions. I trust it to go like that on 2nd half as well, but in the other hand,, it might be inevitable Lauri will have some tougher games too. Wishing it is not tonight, though
They did but they were allowed to be very physical with him… which hasn’t really been allowed on the other end.

Yeah the Vando hit ahead turnover and the Sexton lazy pass that became a dunk were also awful.
I thought that on the vando pass Lauri wasn't going full speed and could have corralled that one (if we are talking about the same one)