What's new

Game Thread Nov 13, 2022 05:30PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 11-13-22

That is fair enough. I dont disagree with that. But you are calling other people idiots for saying other things were a big factor in us losing isnt the same.

You didn't understand my post.

I said I disliked the "other factors" argument when we had one massive issue that had an easy potential solution that we didn't even try.

Hell I don't even mind losing due to offensive slumps. That's happened before and it will happen again. Losing due to horrific coaching is what irritates me.

You didn't understand my post.

I said I disliked the "other factors" argument when we had one massive issue that had an easy potential solution that we didn't even try.

Hell I don't even mind losing due to offensive slumps. That's happened before and it will happen again. Losing due to horrific coaching is what irritates me.
I agree. Just keep in mind that Hardy has a 15 games experiences as head coach. He can't do all good. But this one is partially on him, i agree.

No injury. No one has any clue why he only played 12 minutes or why Hardy didn't give him a chance to guard Embiid in the 4th while he was cooking us for 26 points.
So he was just a moron tonight. It is amazing how sometimes a coach can't see the obvious.

Wow I cannot believe we played this bad and only lost by 7.

No one defending Embiid (and Hardy not adjusting), refs in their bag, guards driving directly at Joel getting blocked and taking difficult layups, missing half of our FTs, Lauri was gassed, we were turning the ball over in horrible ways, scoring 41 points in the entire 2nd half (this last fact alone loses 95% of NBA games).

Change one of those issues we likely win that game. Like any single one.

Im not hanging my hat on this.

i wish mike could have scored more. Whenever his early shots don't go in he gets passive. Sometimes a bit too much. yesterday 3 points today 3 points again. he can't just score 3 points in 32mins. we win games by shooting better. Also We don't really have a guy who can stop Embiid. Last year he dropped 42 on Rudy. So this lost ain't that bad

i wish mike could have scored more. Whenever his early shots don't go in he gets passive. Sometimes a bit too much. yesterday 3 points today 3 points again. he can't just score 3 points in 32mins. we win games by shooting better. Also We don't really have a guy who can stop Embiid. Last year he dropped 42 on Rudy. So this lost ain't that bad
He shot like 75% on mid range fadeaways. Only way to stop a guy of his size shooting them is to play super tight and when KO tried that Embiid just blew past him and took it to the rim. I don't think there is a way to defend him yesterday with just 1 guy. Regardless of who the defender is. And if we double him every time he touches, then he kicks it out and we are chasing the ball all day.

They got a freak performance by a dominant superstar and saw us scoring like **** in the final 5 to get a win. I'm not worried.

I only skimmed through the comments, but didn't see anything about the Sixer's defense. I thought they looked really good, and without Harden that's a good collection of defenders.

I love Mike, but the one thing that bothers me about him is if he isn't shooting well he loses confidence too easily, and becomes passive, which makes defending us a lot easier. I guess maybe it's just a feel thing and if he doesn't have the legs he knows he's not going to be efficient. I just think in those situations he needs to sit, and preserve his value.

1. Our thee shooting gotta improve once again
2. Our bigs are covered better by opponents now. Less room. At the same time I see some tiredness in Lauri. His first step is a bit slower and hesitative. Sometimes he is too reliant on it. He has certain spots on the floor he shoots mid-range well, so he should do like Embiid: use that mid-range more
3. We also need help for Mike. We do not have another real floor general. Now the defenses are going to get tighter on us, we will see more turnovers.

4. Embiid > Harden, and not even a close contest.

Embiid scoring 26 points in the 4th quarter had a dramatic impact on our offense.

I can't believe somebody is trying to claim that Embiid being left on an island against Olynyk wasn't our biggest issue. He scored virtually every play he got the ball.
Yep. When a guy is hot like that, you’ve gotta get the ball out of his hands. Double him, send help, hell hack a Shaq him. Do something other than continuously be shredded. Admittedly, it’s harder to double bigs like Embiid who have shooting range. But you’ve got to get the ball out of his hands.

1. Our thee shooting gotta improve once again
2. Our bigs are covered better by opponents now. Less room. At the same time I see some tiredness in Lauri. His first step is a bit slower and hesitative. Sometimes he is too reliant on it. He has certain spots on the floor he shoots mid-range well, so he should do like Embiid: use that mid-range more
3. We also need help for Mike. We do not have another real floor general. Now the defenses are going to get tighter on us, we will see more turnovers.

4. Embiid > Harden, and not even a close contest.
Hear that @Thee Idiotic Minivan K , you need to work on your shooting. Idiot!

Well we have played the most games of anyone in the NBA at this point, or like 2nd or 3rd, with the most back to back and a high percentage of road games. The league stacked the early season against us and we came out of it at 10-5, which is lightyears beyond where we were expected to be. I will take a competititive loss at the end of a rough road stretch when all the guys were obviously exhausted, yet still played with a chance to win the game with a minute left. As Hardy figures out what he has exactly in this team and we work on the film from games like this I expect it to get better. And as the schedule lightens up we will win more of these 50-50 games. I expect we will hang in the top 5 in the West for most of the season, barring some real melt-down or unless everyone else scouting us finally trumps the surprise factor and Hardy cannot make the requisite adjustments, which is still a real possibility. Either way, to be at this point through 15 games would have been a laughing matter in the pre-season. No one is laughing at us now, that is for ****ing sure.

I really think we need to run a 3 big lineup more frequently. I want to see KO, Lauri and Kessler get more minutes together. I think that could have been enough to disrupt Embiid at least a little. All we needed was to bother his shot 3 or 4 times out of the what, million shots he took in the 4th, and we win this thing. Kessler was at least a big body, and if we had those 3 on the floor together at least Embiid had to face a guy nearly his size no matter what switch was made. Run 2 of them at him and he has to pass it off.

I really think we need to run a 3 big lineup more frequently. I want to see KO, Lauri and Kessler get more minutes together. I think that could have been enough to disrupt Embiid at least a little. All we needed was to bother his shot 3 or 4 times out of the what, million shots he took in the 4th, and we win this thing. Kessler was at least a big body, and if we had those 3 on the floor together at least Embiid had to face a guy nearly his size no matter what switch was made. Run 2 of them at him and he has to pass it off.
After being extremely fluid with his lineups for the majority of the season, Hardy has been fairly rigid in his rotations the past few games.

After being extremely fluid with his lineups for the majority of the season, Hardy has been fairly rigid in his rotations the past few games.
Unfortunately we went from no expectations to having expectations and that has led to clear mistakes from Hardy. I would expect the shine to come off this team quite a bit over the next few weeks and the tank could be back on. The problem is that if healthy I think we will still be a very good home team so it is important to begin resting guys if we go in that direction. I think it is pretty clear already that Hardy has overplayed Conley who probably shouldn't be playing more than 26 minutes a night and resting on one end of back to backs.

After listening to Coach's presser it's clear to me he choked in this one. He started talking about all the bad decisions the Jazz made including having 14 shots blocked. If you have guys making bad decisions, get them out of the game and let someone else try. It's almost like someone else isn't hustling and coach excuses it.

Unfortunately we went from no expectations to having expectations and that has led to clear mistakes from Hardy. I would expect the shine to come off this team quite a bit over the next few weeks and the tank could be back on. The problem is that if healthy I think we will still be a very good home team so it is important to begin resting guys if we go in that direction. I think it is pretty clear already that Hardy has overplayed Conley who probably shouldn't be playing more than 26 minutes a night and resting on one end of back to backs.
Good observations.

For the record, I do not think the last 2 games are any indication of anything other than fatigue and better scouting by the other team, and getting out-coached and out-played. It happens to everyone. The 96-97 Jazz lost 11 of 20 games right after they had a 15-game win streak snapped, and they lost 6 of their last 10 games. Big stretches of mediocre play, yet they still made the finals as a the #1 seed in the West at 64 wins. I am not comparing this current team to the 96-97 team at all, just pointing out that even the best teams go through rough stretches. It is a long season. We only really played poorly the last few games due primarily to a road-heavy schedule and fatigue of multiple back to back games with travel in between. Again, this is the worst stretch of our season as measured by strength of schedule as well as back to backs and road game percentage. And we are still 10-5 and 4th in the West still with the most wins in the West. Nothing to panic about right now. I still think we end up in a good spot this season, I think Hardy will adjust and I think the team will come together and grow from this. So far the season has only been positive really. We have only been really slapped around 1 time. That is crazy for a team expected to be competing for the bottom spot in the league.